Nearing Soon

My Secret Texting Partner

 Jun Hyung’s POV

 

It was the seventh day. Time was passing really fast and I did all I could to make Hae In be sure of her own feelings for me. She hadn’t shown a clue whether she would accept me readily but I was willing to wait for her to make her decision, no matter how long I had to endure.

 

“Do you know what’s coming up two days later?” I asked her, hoping she would remember.

 

“What? What’s the date for that day?” She was absolutely clueless. Sometimes, her gullible ways could make me roll my eyes.

 

“Have you worked until you even forget your birthday? You’re unbelievable!” I sighed and touched her nose lightly.

 

She brightened up and exclaimed, “That’s right!” She munched on her food and startled me by pointing at my face, “How did you know when’s my birthday?”

 

I pinched her cheek hard as she forgot all of the things we had said together, “Don’t you remember the first time I met you at the café and we revealed that we had the same birthdays?!”

 

She paused to ponder and said, “Ah, I remember that now! Wow, I can’t believe we actually share the same birthday. Wait, are you lying to me again, Jun Hyung? It’s too much to be true!” She pointed her finger at me again.

 

I grabbed her finger and put it down gently, “I’m not kidding! Why would I lie about my birthday when it’s all over the internet?”

 

She nodded in agreement and said, “Ah, that’s true…” I snorted at her gullible acts. She always lost in arguments but that’s okay with me. She’s adorable to death. She started talking again, “Oh! So you prepared a birthday present for me? Where is it?” She gave me the puppy eyes and demanded for the present.

 

I slapped her hands which were in front of me and said, “Excuse me; your birthday is in two days time, no early present! And you have to prepare a present for me too okay?” She pouted cutely and returned to her plate. I promised her something too, “Make yourself available on that day too. I’m taking you out to celebrate our birthdays.”

 

She smiled brightly and clapped her hands, “Really? I can’t wait for our birthdays.” I liked the way she said ‘our’.

 

Before we left the restaurant, I had something else to give her. It was a present from long ago but I hadn’t had the chance to give her the present yet. “Hae In-ah,” I called her name softly and lovingly. She lifted her head up to show her response. “Close your eyes.” I ordered her.

 

“Are you trying to escape from paying the bill?” She raised one eyebrow and joked.

 

I opened my eyes in disbelief, “What kind of a gentleman will do such a thing? You idiot!” I laughed and repeated myself, “Close your eyes.”

 

She listened well this time and her smile never left her beautiful face. I stood up quietly and took out something from my pocket. I went behind her and put on the camera necklace for her. I had bought her that long ago but lost the chance to give it to her at the right time. I believed it was the right time now. She felt something on her neck and touched it lightly. She opened her eyes as I was trying to put the necklace on.

 

She gasped happily and fiddled with the camera that was hung in the necklace. “It sparkles too!” She exclaimed and smiled with her teeth showing brightly. I would do anything to see her smile like this. I went back to my seat and folded my arms. “Thank you, Jun Hyung! It’s beautiful!” She stuck out her tongue and continued to admire the new accessory she had on her neck.

 

“Do you like it?” I asked her a rhetorical question.

 

She shook her head.

 

“You love it?” I asked.

 

She nodded her head furiously. If I knew it would make her so happy, I would gladly buy presents for her every day.

 

Hae In motioned me to lean closer to her. I smirked and went closer, “Yes, miss?”

 

Not answering my question, she came even closer to me. I was a little looking forward what she was going to do to me after she was smiling to me so seductively like that. I closed my eyes unnecessary and I could feel her breath on my face. My heart was racing so quickly for no reason.

 

Then at a flashing speed, I felt a peck on my cheek. It came and left in just a millisecond. I opened my eyes reluctantly and whined to the embarrassed girl in front of me who was covering . “What was that?” I asked her.

 

“What was that?!” She asked me back, “That was a kiss, you idiot!”

 

I widened my mouth and snorted, “I hardly call that a kiss, Hae In-ah. That was like wind blowing my face!”

 

She kicked my leg under the table and I winced in pain. I was surely not expecting that kick from a girl like her. I cursed in my head mentally and recovered my composure when she looked apologetic. “I’m sorry, Jun Hyung. I didn’t know it will hurt so much!” She apologised and bit her lips nervously.

 

“An apology is not enough!” I tried to act cute with her and she was fooled.

 

“What do you want me to do?” She asked helplessly.

 

I pointed to my cheek.

 

“Again? No!” She refused immediately. She didn’t sound sorry anymore. “I think you can walk!” She tapped my leg a little.

 

I pointed to my cheek again, “I’m not walking anywhere until you give me a real kiss on the cheek!”

 

She sighed. I knew she was weak in my hands. She leaned forward again to give me another kiss. I wasn’t going to let this go so quickly. When she was leaning in, I turned my face to her and her lips landed on my lips naturally. She was surprised at the sudden action and backed away. She almost fell in her seat and covered automatically. “You little…” She cursed me.

 

I giggled and raised my eyebrow, “That’s call a real kiss, Hae In.”

 

She tried to pretend to be angry with me but I guessed she couldn’t be furious that long. I made some faces to her until she started bursting out in laughter.

 

I wished this moment would stop for us.

-

 

Author's Note:

Few more hours to "Trouble Maker"! :)