I Miss Him

My Secret Texting Partner

Hae In’s POV

 

It was the sixth day. I stealthily brought Jun Hyung into my apartment while Min Yeong was not at home. It was just for a while though. Jun Hyung was pretty curious on how my apartment looked like so I had decided to show it to him.

 

“Shh, don’t make any sound!” I hissed at him when he dropped his shoes down forcefully without a care in the world. He really treated as if it was his own house.

 

I asked him to follow me into the living room. He scanned around the surroundings and nodded his head, “At least your house is neater than my dorm…”

 

“That’s the difference between a guy’s dorm and a girl’s home, Jun Hyung. You can’t deny that. You have six beasts in your house, remember?” I joked with him as I led him to the room.

 

“Well, this is my room.” I showed him the areas cowardly and made sure I didn’t have my undergarment lying around the room, “Well, it’s not that impressive. Just a normal room.”

 

He grinned and tilted his head, “I think it looks comfy and homely though.”

 

He moved to the bed and sat down. He ran his fingers on the bed and to the side table. It had a picture of Ji Hoon and me. Oops. I should have kept that a moment ago. I was about to snatch it away but he stopped me, “What? Don’t be sorry about it. I know he’s your boyfriend.”

 

I pursed my lips to read his expression. It was weird. He was smiling to himself, totally not being jealous or whatsoever that I had expected him to react. I didn’t know what to say except allow him to keep looking at the picture.

 

He interrupted my thoughts by asking me, “How did you two met?”

 

“You’re… interested?” I asked him with caution, afraid to hurt his feelings.

 

“Yes,” He pulled me down to the bed to make me sit together, “Do you mind telling me?”

 

“Of course not.”

 

 

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

“Hmm…” She pondered for a long time before speaking up. I wondered if she edited her story so I wouldn’t feel bad about it. I wished she didn’t though. I wanted to know more about her. She turned to look at me and look at her hands again, “Ji Hoon and I are childhood friends. We knew each other since we’re 10. For some reasons, we never left each other. He was like my best friend who stayed by my side all the time. When I was bullied, he was there to protect me. When I was feeling the lowest, he was there to support me.”

 

The corners of her lips curved upwards and slowly turning into a wide grin, “I could never imagine what I would do without him. However, we were too young to know what love is. We didn’t date and kept treating each other like best friends.”

 

She sighed and touched the photo, “It was until three years ago when he invited me to prom and I agreed. I was having feelings for him but didn’t know the feeling was mutual. The rest is just history.”

 

“Childhood sweethearts huh?” I prompted her.

 

She smiled and said, “If you guys call it that.” She took the photo and started to cry, “He had done so much for me. He paid my mother’s medical fees for me in the States but had to cope with studies as well. He’s something I would never imagine having.”

 

“You miss him.” I said as a matter of fact and placed one arm over her.

 

She wiped her tears away and smiled at him to show that she was alright. She replied to me, “Yes, I do.”

 

After a few second of silence, she looked apologetic to me, “Jun Hyung, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have spoilt your mood. I shouldn’t talk about Ji Hoon…”

 

I covered and shushed her, “It’s okay. I know you miss Ji Hoon. It’s only normal to miss him. If you don’t, then something’s wrong. Agree?”

 

She contemplated and nodded her head anyway.

 

I took off my hand from and held both her hands tightly in my grip. I reminded her of my words, “I have said it. I just need ten days from you. Whatever decision you make, I will respect it. I just need ten days to show you what I’m capable of. I just need a worthy chance to woo you.”

 

“I understand. I understand.” Hae In touched my face and pinched my cheek lightly.

 

“But remember, choose someone who will definitely make you the happiest girl on Earth.” I reminded her again but in my heart, I would love her to choose me. But I know if she’s happy, I would be happy to.

 

 “Since when have you started to give motivational quotes now?” She teased as she raised her eyebrow comically.

 

I snorted at her and touched her nose lightly, “Maybe I hang out with you too much lately huh?”

 

“Whatever!” She was about to leave but I pulled her down again and tickled her ribs. She burst into roars of laughter when I did it. “Ah! Jun Hyung, stop it! I’m serious! Stop tickling me!” She screamed in between her laughter.

 

I didn’t stop. I just wanted to hear her laughter again.

-

 

Author's Note:

Just a really short chapter. Reason for posting a chapter today is because MAMA 2011 is today and BEAST is going (and it's also showing on TV Live!)! :) I hope they win some awards since I don't think 2PM will win anything this year. BEAST has a higher chance for MAMA this year. *prays hard*

Sad thing is I can't watch it since I end school very late today and I'll probably miss half of the show. :(