Never Ending Story

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

Filming was done. I was determined to forget my feelings towards Hae In. She’s attached and there’s nothing that I could change about it. I was at a corner of the stage with my BEAST members, discussing about where we should have our late dinner. However, my eyes were fixed on Hae In who was also on the stage, taking photographs of the 2PM members.

 

Woo Young was playing around with her hair and she laughed along with him. She pretended to strangle his neck and he faked death. The 2PM members laughed along with them. I sighed. If only Hae In was BEAST’s photographer instead so I could see her face every day.

 

“2PM, can you all please move back a little? I’m taking a photo!” Hae In commanded them politely and they listened to her well. She wasn’t satisfied with the angle and started to move back.

 

I noticed she wasn’t looking behind her that she was almost at the edge of the stage. And then, with the same thought in mind, 2PM members screamed at Hae In, “Hailey, stop moving!”

 

I shouted as well, “Hae In!”

 

However, it was too late. Hae In stepped out of the boundary and she fell off the stage. She screamed in pain and a loud crash was heard. I panicked and ran down the stage to find her amongst the cameras which fell on her. This was like a déjà vu from the day before when she was injured at the backstage. Why couldn’t this girl be more careful?!

 

Everyone was stupefied at the accident. I rushed down to her and carried her head up to my thighs. “Hae In! Hae In!” I yelled for her name but this time she wasn’t unconscious.

 

“Jun… Hyung…” She called out my name as I spotted a tear in her left eye, “In pain… My tummy… Painful… Don’t leave me…”

 

I looked down at where she was holding onto – her tummy. Further down her thighs and legs, there was blood dripping. I was antagonised at the sight. I didn’t know what to do. Why was she bleeding at her lower body? I couldn’t make sense of it.

 

This time, I promised her. I didn’t leave her. I was at the hospital, waiting for her to be out of operation room. The rest of 2PM members and the staffs wanted to come but they had work. Finally, the doctor opened the door and I asked him about Hae In’s condition. He sighed, “She’s alright but…”

 

I waited but nothing. “But…?” I prompted.

 

“We couldn’t save the baby.”

 

“Baby?! What baby?” I spouted when I heard the word. It couldn’t be. She couldn’t be pregnant unless she did it with… Ji Hoon.

 

“She’s three weeks pregnant. You can go see her later.” The doctor said and left.

 

I went in the room and saw her already awake. She looked pale and very weak. I pursed my lips. I wondered if she knew about the truth. She noticed my presence and clenched her teeth. “Jun Hyung… Jun Hyung…” She called my name tenderly.

 

I sat on the edge of her bed. I wanted so much to reprimand her for being so careless all the time. This was the third time I saved her life… but I failed to save her baby’s life. I moved over and brushed against her cheek gently, “Are you okay?”

 

It was a rhetorical question but I had nothing else good to say.

 

She touched my hand that was on her cheek and placed it firmly on her cheek. Her voice was trembling. She sniffed and choked on her voice, “I lost the baby… Ji Hoon and my baby… Gone forever. I just killed my own child.” She started crying and I felt the tears on my hand.

 

It was painful to see her like this.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

“I lost the baby… Ji Hoon and my baby… Gone forever. I just killed my own child.” I sobbed silently in front of Jun Hyung. I was always strong in front of him but now, I was in breakdown.

 

He released his hand from my cheek and pulled me into an embrace. His action was nothing but gentle. He was afraid of hurting me. My head felt heavy and my sight was fuzzy. I only felt his chest as I laid my head comfortably on it. “Just let it out, Hae In.” He said simply as he caressed my back repeatedly.

 

I felt safe and comfortable in his arms. I gripped onto his right arm tightly as I was venting out my anger and sorrow onto him. He didn’t complain. I had always avoided any physical contact with him but this hug surprised me. Jun Hyung gave me a warm and trusting feeling like never before. He just kept my back like a little child. I just listened to him and let my tears flow like a river.

 

He laid me on the bed as my head hit the pillow. He readjusted my fringe so it wasn’t touching my eyebrows. I just laid my eyes onto him. I had a different perspective of Jun Hyung today. He took the empty jar on the side table and informed me, “I’ll get some water for you.”

 

I immediately grabbed his sleeve, “Don’t go.”

 

He was a little shocked and he hesitated. But in the end, he sat down and removed my grip. I was a little disappointed when he removed my grip. “Go to sleep.” He said simply.

 

Ji Hoon’s face kept flashing across my mind. I hadn’t told him about the miscarriage. He would be so sad. I could imagine his face already. There were so many things on my mind. I couldn’t get to sleep. “I can’t sleep.” I said.

 

“Do you want me to sing for you?” Jun Hyung offered suddenly.

 

I was surprised. I nodded. I wanted to hear him sing again, especially after his performance today.

 

 

Somewhere out of my reach
Maybe you're breathing the same air I do
The wind that bears the scent of the day
passes by the bench we used to sit

 

The song. I could recognise it. It’s called Never Ending Story but I wasn’t sure who sang it. But it was extremely touching and soothing to hear – perfect for a lullaby.

 

Still I remember you,
waving your hands till the end
And hear your last words that
the moments we shared would never fade away

 

I was touched deeply from his voice. I never knew Jun Hyung could sing like that. No wonder he was upset that he stuck to rapping. I started tearing. He wiped my tears off.

 

Like a scene from a movie,
No matter how far apart they are,
ends up facing each other
Wish it could happen to me

 

Slowly, I was immersed in his voice as my eyelids were getting heavier. I promised myself to finish listening to him singing before going to my dreamland.

 

Though I couldn't be by your side,
when you needed me most
I'm thinking of you

with the wind of the day on my face

 

With that, I slept soundly.

-

 

Author's Note:

This story is getting sadder every chapter. Sorry for that. And also I kept adding songs here and there. Oh well.