Why You

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

Holy. Shoot.

 

This was unexpected. Hailey… as Hae In? Definitely unexpected.

 

I needed explanations from her but not now. It’s definitely not the time for talking right now, when she’s unconscious like that. I lifted her up so that she was up on my back. I grabbed the torchlight with one hand and another to support her. Suddenly, she murmured some words, “Jae… Jae Soon. Jae Soon.”

 

I smirked despite my exhaustion. I tried finding my way through by memorising my route from before. However, I couldn’t do so. I was anxious as the time passed by. It didn’t seem right. There were lesser trees when I came in but now, the forest was filled with trees. I cursed myself mentally and continued walking.

 

Then, I found a deserted hut that was located among the trees. It had light emitting through the hut so I guessed there was someone living there, somehow. I knocked on the door and called out. However, no one responded. I opened the door that was unlocked. There was a small bed, a fireplace and a small table with a lamp. The hut was cosy but slightly empty.

 

I rested Hae In… or Hailey on the bed and messaged my back. “Ow, you’re heavy.” I complained to myself. I checked out the place and found it safe. It wouldn’t hurt just living here for one night, right? There was even water on the table. I drank some and sat on the chair and placed my elbow on the table. I looked at her. It was really Hailey.

 

The person I was texting to for five months was Hailey and I actually met her before. Was this fate? Come to think of it, Hailey’s voice really matched Hae In’s but I denied that fact because I didn’t expect them to be the same person. I hoped she wouldn’t pass out again if she saw me sitting her.

 

I wanted so much to be on the bed to sleep but it was wrong for me to share a bed with her. I yawned unwillingly and rested myself on the table, slowly falling into my dreamland.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

I was awakened by the light shining on my face. The light felt very warm and I opened my eyes. It was glaring from the sun. I heard the birds chirping and the smell remained the same as yesterday’s – the smell of the forest. I hadn’t left yet.

 

My head was still hurting from yesterday. I was walking to and fro waiting for Jae Soon’s arrival to save me but I tripped over something and fell down. While falling, my head knocked onto a big rock and I fainted. The next thing I knew, I was here. I looked around for clues on where was I. I found a man resting on the table with his head down. I was about to grab the pillow to attack him but I remembered yesterday.

 

 “Jae Soon, I’m… I’m lost and I can’t contact anyone except you right now…”

“Hae In-ah, don’t panic and tell me what happen…” His voice was comforting.

“For some reasons, I went to (inserts address) but I’m lost! I tried contacting everyone I know but they won’t pick up their phones. I received your text so I called you up. I’m sorry for disturbing you but I had no choice.” I explained my whereabouts to him in anxiety.

 “I’ll be there in a flash, don’t go anywhere, Hae In.” Jae Soon hung up the phone and I knew he was coming. I could trust him just by listening to his voice over the phone.

 

Could that be really Jae Soon? I didn’t dare to approach him. He had a big built and his arms were slightly muscular. His hair was black and his legs were stretching out. His face was covered by his arms, still hidden on the table. I swallowed my saliva nervously as I walked slowly towards him. I nudge his arm gently as I was frightened. Should I even expect on how he looked like? Was he even Jae Soon?

 

“Excuse me… Excuse me…” I repeated as he didn’t respond.

 

Finally, he moved. He yawned and stretched his arms. “You’re awake?” He asked me. At that moment, I could clearly see his face now.

 

He’s not Jae Soon.

 

He’s definitely not Jae Soon.

 

“Yah! What are you doing here?!” I screamed and went back to the bed, weakly using the pillow as a shield.

 

He finally came into senses and saw me jumping into the bed. He was shocked and pursed his lips as if he was thinking of an explanation. He arranged his hair before coming closer to me. “Don’t come here!” I yelled again. I wondered why I was so frightened to see Yong Jun Hyung in the same place as me. He wasn’t scary or anything. The fact that he was here was shocking to me.

 

“Look, Hae In. I can explain!” Did he just call me Hae In? How did he know…? Oh no. He’s Jae Soon?!

 

“You’re Jae Soon?!” I asked eagerly and took another step back.

 

He sighed and commented, “You’re quicker than I thought.”

 

I threw the pillow at him. Bad choice. Now I had nothing in my hands. I yelled, “There’s no time to joke, Yong Jun Hyung! Explain what is going on! Why are you here? Why are you calling me Hae In? And most importantly, where am I?”

 

He sat down on the chair again and moved his hands as he tried to answer my questions one by one, “Yes, you’re right. I’m Jae Soon. I’m the one you’re texting all these while. That explains your first two questions and for the third one, you’re in some hut that I chanced upon last night because I couldn’t find my way out.” He admitted sheepishly.

 

That wasn’t the point. “What? You’re Jae Soon! That’s impossible!” I refused to accept the truth but Yong Jun Hyung was right in front of me, looking so real and alive. I closed my eyes and opened again, hoping it was just a dream.

 

“Do I being Jae Soon disappoint you that much? Honestly, I’m not that bad right?” He said. I didn’t answer. He continued, “Alright. It’s already morning and we’ll talk on the way out.”

 

He offered his hand to me. I was still stunned by him. I walked out of the bed by myself and left the hut.