A Victory Dance

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

“Have you seen 2PM around?” I asked Doo Joon. After all, Doo Joon was the closest to the 2PM members.

 

Doo Joon shook his head, “You never interacted with them, why the sudden question?” I was hoping he wouldn’t ask that. I just thanked him and went out of the waiting room.

 

We were just done with our rehearsal a moment ago and 2PM was supposed to be finished with theirs before ours. I didn’t see 2PM anywhere. To be honest, I didn’t see Hae In anyway. I found myself walking in the direction of my favourite place in the KBS Building.

 

KBS Building had this secret deserted balcony that no one went before. It seemed like I was the only person who knew about the balcony’s existence and I didn’t mind that fact. It was my breathing space. I bought a coffee from the vending machine before heading to the balcony.

 

I stepped outside and saw a girl standing at my favourite spot of the balcony. I walked closer and she turned around after hearing my footsteps.

 

“Hae In?” I was surprised but pleased.

 

I was pleased because it was her here in ‘my’ balcony. I thought someone else found out this treasure of mine and I wasn’t ready to share it. However, if it’s Hae In, then it’s alright. “What are you doing here?” I asked her and I spotted her holding a cup of coffee as well. Well, we did have something in common.

 

“I should be asking you this question!” She said in a cute voice.

 

“What?”

 

“This balcony… I’m always the only one here.” She tried to explain her reasoning to me which was exactly what I thought about this balcony of ‘mine’.

 

I chuckled at her attempt and rested my arms on the handles, “Looks like we have to share this balcony.”

 

She just stood beside me silently. At least she wasn’t trying to shoo me off now. That’s a vast improvement from her behaviour before that. “What are you drinking?” She tried to peep into my cup when I covered the cup to .

 

“Just plain coffee.” I answered her but continued, “But it cannot be compared to the one at the café you supposedly work at.”

 

“Yong Jun Hyung!” She was embarrassed again but I laughed out loudly, “Stop mentioning that, would you?”

 

“Okay, okay, I shall stop teasing you.” I took another sip of my coffee while enjoying the scenery.

 

Then, I heard a click. It was Hae In holding onto her camera who had just taken a photo of me. She happily showed me the picture and asked whether it was nice. I answered her, “You would have to pay a fee for taking my photos.”

 

She rolled her eyes and commented about me, “From your texts and phone calls, you don’t sound like the playful type.”

 

“And you don’t sound the type who would know very inspiring quotes to cheer people up.” I argued back. However, she nodded in agreement.

 

“That’s true. Why would I encourage others when I’m having a hard time by myself?” She muttered through her breath but I could hear it. She pretended she didn’t say anything and smiled at me. “Thanks for the picture.” She waved her camera at me, “I should be going now. 2PM needs their photographer.

 

I envied 2PM. I envied 2PM for having her by their side all the time. I wished she was BEAST’s photographer instead. Was I being jealous?

 

She didn’t even wait for me to say goodbye and walked off. I hesitantly called her, “Hae In!”

 

She turned around and tilted her head, “Yes?”

 

“Want to… catch a movie together tonight?” I asked. I felt like an idiot.

 

She tilted her head again and asked logically, “Don’t you have curfews? What if you get recognised?”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” I assured her.

 

“Then it’s fine with me. It’s been a long time since I’ve caught a movie.” She agreed calmly, “Bye.”

 

I did a small victory dance on the balcony and almost spilling over my coffee. Luckily, I saved my coffee just in time.

 

Author's Note: The so-called victory dance I was imagining. LOL.

 

Later That Night

 

She’s late. Why were girls always late? Was this some kind of girly habit or something? I checked my watch again and again. I kept my head down so that no one would recognise me. I didn’t need another scandal right now. But why did I feel guilty for coming out in the public like that? She’s not my girlfriend. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I took out my phone and typed in:

 

Where are you? Where are you? Where are you?????????

 

“Boo!” Someone shouted into my ear.

 

“That’s not scary at all,” I commented. Her scaring was too gentle and sweet to pass off as one. She stuck out her tongue at me and started walking in front of me, not waiting for me.

 

“Should you say something?” I prompted her. She was at least half an hour late! I hadn’t waited for a girl for this long in a very long time. Well, it had been a while since I had dated.

 

“Something?” She guessed innocently.

 

“You’re late by half an hour, miss.” I told her directly.

 

She giggled and bowed to me, “I’m sorry!” She took out two lollipops and handed one to me. I received it. She explained, “My way of saying sorry. Here’s a lollipop for you, Jun Hyung.”

 

“That’s all? A lollipop? Seriously? Please don’t call my name in public,” I said in all at once and took out the wrapper.

 

“Do you… want me to pay for the movie tickets?” She asked, not knowing that I was joking with her. I on the lollipop – strawberry. I chuckled at her and messed up her hair.

 

“I’m just kidding. I bought the tickets already. Let’s go.” I automatically grabbed her wrist and led her to the movie theatre.

 

I bought some popcorn and we sat in the movie theatre. We bought the tickets for Johnny English. I always love comedy movies. She liked the movie as well. Throughout the whole movie, I was trying not to laugh loudly because it might tarnish my image in front of Hae In. However, she wasn’t worried about hers.

 

She kept bursting into laughter. There were a couple of times she almost fell off her chair. There were many times she kept hitting my shoulder because she couldn’t control her laughter. It was adorable but I hoped she would behave herself because it was embarrassing. She almost had tears in her eyes after every laughter.

 

I turned around a few times to see whether her behaviour was getting stares by people. After half of the show, I figured I shouldn’t limit her behaviour anymore. It was getting tough for me to hold in my laughter. I started laughing like crazy along with her.

 

Slowly, our shoulders were getting close to each other as we were almost leaning onto each other. However, that was interrupted when she began to chew on the popcorn again. I sat properly after the awkward moment but she didn’t seem to notice.