Different Treatment

My Secret Texting Partner

Hae In’s POV

 

“We meet again!” Someone was saying something when I had just came into the studio.

 

I turned to find Jun Hyung. I knew it was going to be him since I was assigned to take some photos of BEAST today. “Oh, hi.” I said to him simply. I didn’t want to come off as rude but I didn’t really want to speak to Jun Hyung. I still find him rather intimidating to talk to. Actually, I rather not talk to any idol groups other than 2PM members.

 

However, I was quite excited to see Hyun Seung though. I did some research on BEAST before the photoshoot as my own homework so I could work with them better. I found out Doo Joon was the charismatic leader, Hyun Seung was the one with 4D personality, Jun Hyung was the naggy one, Yo Seob was the cute one, Ki Kwang was the naïve one and Dong Woon was the famous old looking maknae.

 

“Where’s… the rest of the members?” I asked while scanning the surroundings.

 

Jun Hyung was looking around to where my eyes were directing. “Are you more excited to see the other members?” He questioned me.

 

“Sort of.” I admitted to him without batting an eyelid.

 

Jun Hyung was being unnecessarily disappointed with my answer. He nudged me and asked me another question, “Who’s your favourite member in BEAST?”

 

“I don’t have one.”

 

“Come on, who are you kidding?”

 

I sighed and adjusted my camera to start work, “Maybe Hyun Seung a little bit?”

 

His eyes widened and he started laughing. “Really? What about me?” He teased but I wasn’t quite laughing at his pitiful attempt.

 

“You? Not really. I’m sorry.”

 

Jun Hyung nudged me again and said, “I was just joking. Don’t take it to heart. I’ll tell Hyun Seung that! He’ll be really happy to have a new fan.”

 

The manager introduced me as a photographer for today’s shoot. I greeted them warmly and started working. First, it was Doo Joon up first. He was good in photoshoots but he got pretty embarrassed when he looked at his own photos. I assured him that he was okay and he shouldn’t worry about it.

 

Next, it was Jun Hyung’s turn. He cleared his throat and whispered in my ear, “Take photos of me as beautiful as the ones you took at the café okay?” He chuckled when I was startled that he reminded me of that fateful day again.

 

“Yes, Jun Hyung. Please get into place.” I remained professional although Jun Hyung was being playful. I snapped a few shots of him. After he had teased me so much, maybe I should make things harder for him. Perhaps I should nitpick at every bad angle he had and comment negatively on the pictures, I thought. I examined the photos – they were surprisingly perfect and there was no flaw in it. I couldn’t find anything to say.

 

So much for being professional. I said loudly to the staff, “Delete these pictures.”

 

Other BEAST members and Jun Hyung himself were shocked. Jun Hyung raised his voice a little, “Why? Aren’t they good enough?”

 

“Exactly. You aren’t doing well today. Your angles are totally messed up and your expressions are too stiff. Jun Hyung, aren’t you a professional at these photoshoots?” I told him directly. He was a little intimidated by me but he wasn’t giving up.

 

“Can you tell me what’s wrong with my expressions?” He asked bravely and I was stunned. There was nothing wrong – that’s the problem. I wanted to make things harder for him but I was having a hard time instead.

 

I cleared my throat and pointed at him, “You should know that yourself. Get ready. The other members are waiting for their turn.”

 

Surprisingly, he didn’t argue further and even apologised to me. I felt a little bad for him but I made him pose for another fifteen minutes. “You’re done.” I said coldly and asked Yo Seob to come up next.

 

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

 I groaned as I went into the resting room. Hailey actually made me stay in the same position for so long without moving. I felt like a lifeless statue out there. I plopped on the couch and massaged my back. Doo Joon was relaxed and asked me, “Why is Hailey so harsh on you? I was done in ten minutes.”

 

“God knows!” I complained and Doo Joon offered to massage my back for me. I felt better but I couldn’t help but think that Hailey was quite adorable. She looked so weak and gentle but when it came to work, she was strong minded and serious. I couldn’t even gain the courage to talk back to her when I thought she was the one being unreasonable – the power of photographers.

 

The shooting ended and Hailey was still outside using the computer, examining our photos. Normally, photographers would be the first ones to pack up and leave to do the last touches in the office but she stayed behind and cleared the place.

 

“Hi, Miss Photographer.” I greeted her and sat beside her.

 

“May I help you, Jun Hyung?” Her eyes never left the computer and spoke to me.

 

“I just want to see how the photos turned out.” I shrugged and changed my attention to the computer instead of her. She was clicking away and editing like a professional. Whoa, I admired her skills. I was using it as an excuse. I just wanted to create a topic for us to start talking.

 

She stopped clicking and looked at me, “I’ll send all the photos to your company after I’m done with the edits. So you can leave now. Aren’t you a busy person?”

 

I placed one arm on her chair and said, “Idols need a breather too, Hailey.”

 

She backed away and turned me down, “I can’t work when you’re looking at what I’m doing, Jun Hyung. Please go home.” I didn’t move so she moved. “If you’re not going, I’m going then. Goodbye.” She packed up her things and left me alone.

 

I followed her out of the building to find the sky already dark. Whoa, it was already late at night. I saw her going into a dark alley all by herself. I went after her and walked by her side. She was shocked to see me with her and asked, “Why are you following me?”

 

“I’m going to send you home. It’s late.” I replied her and adjusted my speed to hers.

 

“Oh, thank you.” She ended our conversation quickly but allowed me to send her home. I guessed she was afraid of going home herself after all. I had another motive to send her home.

 

It wasn’t my nature to ask for girls’ numbers but she… she was somehow different. She intrigued me and I wanted to know her more. I felt Hailey had more to her. Although she was cold to me, I could tell she wasn’t unapproachable as she seemed. I was determined to know her better. Maybe we should officially start as friends.

 

“I’m here.” She said to me while I was still deep in my thoughts. “Thanks for sending me back.” She bowed to me.

 

“So fast?!” I wasn’t expecting her house to be so near.

 

She nodded and looked at me, bewildered. I obviously had something to ask her but nothing came out of my mouth. “You know… I… We…” I stuttered helplessly.

 

“Do you have something to say before I go in?”

 

“Yes!” I replied immediately and gulped. I said in a really fast pace that she might not even understand, “IKNOWWEJUSTMETBUTIWANTTOBEFRIENDSWITHYOU! CANYOUGIVEMEYOURNUMBER?” I breathed in deeply and waited for her answer.

 

“What? What did you say?” She asked me innocently. I knew she couldn’t understand me.

 

“I said…”

 

“Hailey!” Someone called her name from afar.

 

I panicked. No one could know I was here sending a girl home. I waved briefly and said, “Bye, Hailey.”

 

“Wait!” Hailey said but I was already running to the corner of the street.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

“Hailey, you’re home! Let’s go in together!” Min Yeong hooked arms with me and we went in.

 

I nodded to her happily and entered the apartment building. I wondered what Jun Hyung was trying to say just now. I didn’t catch his words properly. Hmm.