Made An Impact

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

Once again, I was scrolling through the messages she sent me. All the beautiful and encouraging quotes of hers. That what made her so special to me. She didn’t know me at that point but she bothered to cheer me up when I was at my lowest. I thought it was the same for her. She would want me to be there when she was at her lowest but I was wrong.

 

I laughed at myself. I, Yong Jun Hyung of BEAST, was having a one-sided love.

 

People would often tell me, “Jun Hyung, you’re popular. You can have any girl!”

 

The problem was… I didn’t want ANY girl. I wanted only her. I wanted only Hae In to be the special girl in my heart. But I wasn’t the special guy in her heart.

 

I was sipping my coffee again as I kept my phone. I was at my favourite balcony of the building again. We once shared this place together. I would only share it with her. However she’s not here anymore. I was alone.

 

“I was right. You are here.” Someone’s voice was heard behind me.

 

I turned around to see Hae In standing there, holding onto her phone. She was about to call me, I knew it. I had been rejecting her calls and texts since two weeks ago. I finally got a glimpse at her again. She was looking so much better since the first day at the hospital. My heart pricked every time I got reminded of her pale face at the hospital.

 

I ignored her words and looked out at the scenery again. I wished she didn’t come here to look for me but another part of me was ecstatic that she came for me.  She gently placed her hand on my arm, “Why are you avoiding me?”

 

“I’m not.” Obviously a blatant lie.

 

She took out something from her pocket and waved it in my face. “I got this for you.” She said and placed the item in my hand herself.

 

It was a microphone keychain. I lifted my head to look at her and back to the keychain again. It reminded me of the time when I got her my first gift to her – a camera keychain which represented her very well. This time she got me one that represented me.

 

 

“Why…” I trailed off, being weak in front of her again. I hated myself.

 

“You’ve been so good to me but I haven’t shown my appreciation at all. Just a little gift from me.” She explained. Oh, it was nothing more than gratitude towards me. “Jun Hyung, your constant mood swings towards me is driving me crazy. I know you’re not that kind of person. If I have done something wrong to make you unhappy, please tell me. Don’t…”

 

I cut her off rudely, “You have done nothing wrong!”

 

“Then why…?” She paused and continued again, “Is it because of Ji Hoon? Every time he appeared, you...” She drifted off again, not knowing how to continue the subject.

 

She stared me as if she had captured my eyes and never letting me go. It was so creepy and heart-warming that it pierced my soul. My heart was racing but my mind was confused. She was making me lose control with that stare.

 

I couldn’t help myself but gripped her shoulders, narrowing our gap. “Yes! It’s because of Ji Hoon. I’m upset because I was a step too late from having you because of Ji Hoon. The way you look at Ji Hoon is different when you look at me, Hae In! I’m upset because Ji Hoon has you. I’m upset because Ji Hoon is so fortunate to have a girl like you, unlike me!”

 

Hae In looked as if she had hit the wall – hard. I couldn’t read her expression. She touched her lips lightly and whispered, “Jun Hyung, I didn’t know… I didn’t know…”

 

I was impatient when she didn’t complete her sentence. I was almost in tears while looking at my beloved woman in front of me. “You… have made an impact in my heart.” I finished the sentence and landed my lips forcefully onto hers.

 

I didn’t even ask for her permission to kiss her. I just did what my heart asked me to.  She froze in her place with her eyes wide open. I was not satisfied. I wanted her to accept my love, regardless of whether she was somebody else’s. I was being selfish. I wanted her to know that she was having feelings for me too. I wrapped my arms around her waist and closed the gap between us.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

I couldn’t believe what’s happening to us. From a conversation of asking why he was avoiding me to a sudden confession of Jun Hyung?

 

The next thing I knew was him kissing my lips aggressively. He was suppressing his feelings for me and he just let it all out in a kiss.

 

My hands were on his chest as he closed the gap between us. I didn’t stop him. The worse thing was I didn’t find the need to stop him. I was shocked by the kiss but… somehow… I liked it. My heart was racing furiously. It felt refreshing kissing him. His lips were warm on mine.

 

Somehow, I found myself wrapping to him and letting my feelings went over my head instead. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. He knew I was responding to his kiss so he became less gentle than before.

 

Suddenly, images of Ji Hoon flashed across my mind and my heart pricked. I felt a tinge of guilt as I was kissing Jun Hyung. I broke away from the kiss immediately and started breathing normally. Jun Hyung looked at me with those eyes and his arms were still around me. I pushed him away slightly and stepped back from him. He stepped forward slowly and said, “Hae In, I’m sorry. I got overboard…”

 

“Don’t say anything.” I stopped him. I was confused. He made confused with my own feelings. Why did I just react that way? It was morally wrong. I just kissed another guy for goodness sake! I could feel my tears in my eyes so I excused myself, “I’m sorry. I need to go.”

 

Jun Hyung didn’t chase me.

 

It was a good thing.

 

All I needed was a time for me to think it over and clear out my feelings for Ji Hoon and Jun Hyung.