More Than A Friend

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV


 
“Did I just kiss her? But she kissed me back right? Oh shoot what I just did to her…”  I was stuck in my room at the corner, thinking about the kiss we just shared. I hid my head in between my knees. I couldn’t just say silent like that, especially when she kissed me back. If she didn’t kiss me back, it would be a different story. Did that mean she felt something for me?
 
 
I texted her with caution so that she wouldn’t be too agitated.
 
 
Hae In, can I talk to you? 

 
I just typed in one sentence simply and sent. I was nervous for her message. Maybe she wouldn’t even reply. I knew I wouldn’t if I were in her shoes.

 
However, she surprised me when she replied it quickly.

 
From My Secret Texting Partner
 
Okay, let’s meet at our caf้e.

 
Her reply was very short. Normally, her replies would be long and sweet. This time was different. I felt nervous on the inside but kept my composure.
 
 
She just said our caf้e. My heart fluttered.
 
 
Hae In’s POV

 
I sent the text with much courage.
 
 
Now we’re right here at our caf้e. Did I just say our caf้e?
 
 
I tapped the table anxiously. I was waiting for him. I remembered the first time I met him in the caf้. It was when he was mobbed by frantic fan girls after I took photos of him and had to leave the caf้. However, the second caf้ meeting was more meaningful. He actually approached me and sat in front of me although I didn’t really take notice of him. I smiled at the thought of it. Thinking about the past made me giggled.

 
“Seeing you laugh makes me feel at ease.” 

 
Jun Hyung was standing in front of me. I cleared my throat as I was embarrassed that he found me smiling to myself. I offered him to sit down. I intertwined my fingers together as I didn’t know what to say. He started first, “I ordered latte for you.”

 
“How did you know…?” 

 
“I saw you drinking it the other time.” He answered my question even before I finished it. He even remembered what my favourite coffee was. My heart melted instantly just by this small act. Hae In, were you going to just give in like that?

 
“You said you need to talk to me.” I started the subject.

 
The coffees were in front of us and Jun Hyung drank his coffee before gaining the strength to start talking. His eyes sparkled in the dim lights of the caf้ and they looked smouldering. He reached forward slowly and took one of my hands. He used both of his hands to grab my hand tightly and said, “I just want to ask you something – do you have feelings for me?”

 
I didn’t know he would be so direct with his feelings. He just confessed for the second time. My heart pounded so quickly that I was speechless. He saw me being quiet and repeated, “Do you even have the slightest feeling for me? Just a little bit to say that you like me… Hae In, answer me.”

 
“But I have a boyfriend…” I just muttered under my breath. I wasn’t lying. It was the harsh truth. But I took myself by surprise. I didn’t even say the word ‘No’ to him. That’s it.

 
I’m in love with Yong Jun Hyung.

 
But I love Ji Hoon even more. There was no doubt to that.

 
I had never thought it was possible to love two parties at the same time. I had never thought it was possible to be torn by love like that. I loved the both of them and now I had to make a decision so that I wouldn’t hurt the both of them. Both of them were so precious to me. I didn’t want to choose.

 
“Does that mean you like me… too?” Jun Hyung asked carefully, not wanting to hurt my feelings. I closed my eyes and followed my heart. I nodded. 

 
When I opened my eyes again, I felt a tear released and fell into my cup of coffee. He saw it and lifted up my head. I sobbed, “Jun Hyung, I don’t want to hurt you but I don’t want to cheat on Ji Hoon either. I feel disgusted at myself because I’m selfish. I have feelings for you but I love Ji Hoon too.”

 
Jun Hyung got up from his seat without letting go of my hand. He went to sit right next to me and cupped my face with another hand. He rested his forehead against mine. It felt so comforting. Everything he did to me felt very comfortable and I liked it. “Shh… Don’t cry,” Jun Hyung whispered softly, “I’m not asking you to choose between us, Hae In.”

 
“I’m just telling you how I feel. If I don’t, I think I would go crazy any time.” Jun Hyung laughed a little and said to me, “But I’m not giving up on you, Hae In. As long as you’re not married, I still have a chance.”

 
“Jun Hyung…”

 
 “More than just a friend but less than a lover.” He suddenly said while cutting off my words. He was oblivious to what I was going to say as his eyes weren’t fixed on me anymore. “What does that mean?” He asked. I was confused because I didn’t know whether he was talking to me or to himself.
 
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
 
“Look behind you.”

 
I listened to him and looked behind. I saw a very big poster of a recent movie on the wall. It was a male and a female holding each other’s hands and looking at each other’s eyes. I couldn’t tell whether they were looking at each other lovingly… or out of friendliness. There was a quote that Jun Hyung just mentioned – More than just a friend but less than a lover. 

 
“It means when two persons are blurring the line between friends and lovers. More than friends, less than lovers scenarios where it’s neither here nor there. Confusing. It’s destiny on whether you become friends or lovers.” I explained carefully as I pondered hard for it.

 
“Are we like this?” Jun Hyung posted another question to me.
 
 
“What?” I was confused so I tilted my head.

 
“Does that quote describe us perfectly? More than just a friend but less than a lover.” He stated honestly and we exchanged eye contact. He his lips lightly and his eyes never left mine. It was loving but intimidating at the same time. I didn’t know how to react to that question so I just gawked at him.

 
“Jun Hyung-ah, I…” My voice trailed off weakly. I didn’t know what my heart wants anymore. Everything was in a daze. He waited for me to say something but I couldn’t.

 
He patted my head and said, “Can you give me ten days?”
 
 
He caught me back into reality again. I gave a confused look once again. He swallowed his saliva and started explaining,  “Give me ten days to prove to you that I’m the one for you. We’ll just act like a couple and see how it goes. You can make a choice between the both of us after ten days.”

 
I was surprised at his unique suggestion. Actually, that wasn’t a bad idea. I needed time for myself to be clear about my feelings for Jun Hyung. This might be a good opportunity. He kissed my forehead gently and said, “Don’t deny me a chance of having you, Hae In. I’m going to fight for you until the day you tell me firmly that you don’t have any feelings for me.” 

 
With that, he rearranged my fringe so that he could give a final kiss on my forehead lovingly.
-
 
Author's Note:
 
I have some bad news here. My laptop just broke down on me and now I can't go on the internet with it. I'm using someone else's so I can't update much for now. I hope you understand because I'm devastated. All my projects and homework require the internet and laptop so I'm in a inconvenient state right now. *sobs*