A Narrow Escape

My Secret Texting Partner

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

It’s a good thing that the hospital was quiet now. The last thing I needed was someone taking more photos of me. I was pushing Hae In’s wheelchair out of the room and to the garden. She was amazed at the beautiful flowers that bloomed in the season. She smiled at the sight of flowers and urged me to continue pushing her wheelchair to see more of them.

 

I smiled at her when she turned around to look at me. She asked me, “Are you tired? Let’s sit over at the shelter.” She pointed at the gazebo.

 

 

“Thank you, Jun Hyung. For bringing me to the hospital.” She thanked me.

 

“Actually I just asked someone to call for the ambulance and stopped your bleeding. I wasn’t allowed to go to the hospital at the point in time.” I admitted sadly and continued, “But my mind was occupied with you, thinking whether you were alright or not. It’s good that you are. I was really worried!” I spoke more than I should. Maybe that wasn’t a good idea. I kept my mouth shut after that.

 

Suddenly, out of my own control, I went forward to her and gave her a light hug. I could feel the warmth of her body and my heart pounded like crazy. Perhaps it’s because it was a long time since I had ever done such thing to a woman or it’s because Hae In was the reason, I couldn’t care. I just wanted to show her how much I was worried for her.

 

She didn’t move. Neither did she resist. I wished this moment would last forever and time would stop just for us.

 

Hae In’s POV

 

Jun Hyung randomly pulled me into a hug. It was unexpected. I froze in my wheelchair as I could feel as breath on my neck. What should I do? This was wrong. I shouldn’t let a guy hug me like this. I couldn’t let another guy hug me like this. The memories of my boyfriend flashed across my mind. I gulped. It was wrong.

 

I could feel my face turning warmer and I couldn’t calm my nerves down. I should tell him right now before it’s too late. “Jun Hyung,” I called his name and he responded by flinching a little without breaking away from the hug, “You don’t have to treat me so well… Actually I am already attac-“

 

“Shh, Hae In.” Jun Hyung broke away from the hug suddenly and wheeled me out of the gazebo. “I saw someone taking out a phone just now. They might spot me.” Jun Hyung said. I stayed quiet. Why did he have to interrupt me when I was trying to say something?

 

The lights of the hospital were dim now as it was almost close to midnight. He wheeled me carefully back to my ward. We were reaching my ward until someone outside my ward called out Jun Hyung’s name, “Yong Jun Hyung! Omo, it’s really Jun Hyung from BEAST! Girls, it’s Jun Hyung!”

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes but the one screaming was a nurse. She called out some of her colleagues and friends when she spotted Jun Hyung. Jun Hyung and I looked at each other and shouted out together, “RUN!”

 

Well, technically I couldn’t run so Jun Hyung pushed my wheelchair in the other direction. I screamed as he was pushing it so quickly and I felt the wind against my face. The nurses didn’t give up and kept calling Jun Hyung’s name. Jun Hyung was cursing softly but I could hear it. The scene was getting funnier and my screams turned into laughter. Jun Hyung swerved left and right to shake away the nurses. Finally, he went into the storeroom, wheeling me in as well. “Yah! It’s a storeroom!” I yelled at him but he covered my mouth as he hid me in one corner.

 

Jun Hyung lowered his body and knelt down. His body was so close to mine that I could hear his breaths were fairly uneven and his face was just inches away from mine. I was panting for no reason. I didn’t even use my stamina. Jun Hyung was perspiring furiously and he checked the door once in a while to see whether the nurses had gone away.

 

He removed his hand from my mouth and we smiled to each other. And then the awkwardness was broken by our laughter. He opened the door and pushed me slowly out of the storeroom. “Wow, what an experience. That’s how you avoid your frantic fans?” I . He got back at me by pretending to make me fall from the wheelchair.

 

I screamed a little and smacked him who was at the back. I covered my mouth so the nurses wouldn’t come back for us, or rather him. He got me back to the ward safely and helped me on the bed. “Thank you, Jun Hyung. You better go now.” I urged him but I didn’t want him to go.

 

“You sure you don’t need me to stay for the night? I could, if you want to.” Jun Hyung offered.

 

“No thanks. What if the nurses come and eat you up? I don’t want to take responsibility for you, you know!” I joked with him and he laughed.

 

He touched my cheek slight and tucked my hair behind my ear. I was hoping he would say that he would stay but instead, he replied me, “Alright then. I’ll get going. You have a good rest.”

 

I smiled at him as he left the room.

 

I checked my phone. One new message.

 

From Ji Hoon

Hey, Hailey! I heard from Min Yeong that you injured your head? Why didn’t you tell me about it? Please call me when you’re in a better state. I’m coming over to Korea soon.

 

My face changed. I was filled with happiness after I received the text. I almost wanted to get up and jump but I was too weak to do so. I just used my remaining energy to text him back.

 

That’s great! I missed you! :) I’m sorry for not telling but when are you coming to Korea? I can’t wait for you to be back. Call me.

 

He’s coming back.

 

My boyfriend’s coming back to Korea for a visit.