We can make it work.

Beautiful

"So, how long did you think I will find out about your relationship?"

Yang Sajangnim doesn’t even bother to wait for them to sit down, and just keep on staring at them with his death glare.

“Sajangnim, I can explain this.” Hanbin takes a several steps in front of me and trying to cover me with his body.

“Well, I am listening now. How could you keep secrets for me? How dare you defy my direct order of not letting her date? Don’t you care about each other’s future?” His voice is stern and cold; I am so scared and just keep on looking down.

“I am not going to defend myself, sajangnim. I am sorry for not informing you right away about us. But we are serious and we’re not going to ruin each other’s career by being in a relationship. I care about my team very much, sajangnim.” I am very surprised by the fact that Hanbin doesn’t even bother denying it. Would it be dangerous to just simply acknowledging it?

“Such an attitude, Kim Hanbin. What about you, Hayi-ya?”

“Yes, sajangnim. Me too. I will be professional and focus on my career too.”

“Can both of you promise me that?”

“Yes, sajangnim!” We answer him almost at the same time.

“But still, I need assurance that both of you will be maintaining professional distance to each other. First, I need both of you to not be couple. Whoever asked, the answer is that you are single, no couple, no lover, no boyfriend/girlfriend. Okay?”

“Yes, sajangnim.” Again, we answer him almost together.

“Second, Hayi-ya, you won’t be training and preparing your comeback in YG building starting next month.” We look at each other when Yang Sajangnim told us that.

“What do you mean about that, Sajangnim?” I asks him with as I am so confused, this is all too sudden.

“I mean you won’t be training in YG building, you’ll prepare your comeback in Tablo new place, it could give you distance toward each other. It would do you good in a long run, Hayi-ya. Both of you cleared about this?”

"But Hayi is not really good with new people, Sajangnim." Hanbin tries to reason with Sajangnim, but I don't think he will change his mind.

"Well, don't you think it's her time to start meeting new people and getting less awkward about making new friends, Hanbin-ah?"

“Yes Sajangnim, I agree. Ah Sajangnim, I need to ask you, can we still contact each other from time to time?” Hanbin innocently asks, Sajangnim is very surprised to hear that.

“Why did you ask me that?”

“You told me before you don’t want me to keep secrets from you, Sajangnim. So I ask you directly.”

“Ah, this boy. Just once a week, 30 minutes, nothing more than that. You can’t meet each other outside YG building, training center or dorms. You can't go to HIGHGRND until I say that you can, is that clear?”

“Yes, Sajangnim. I am really sorry for my childish behavior, Sajangnim. I am really sorry.”

“You should be sorry. What if I were to forbid you from seeing each other? You’d better step up your game and make great songs. Arra? Don't disappoint me and your members.”

“Yes Sajangnim.”

“… and Hayi-ya?”

“Yes, Sajangnim?”

“Don’t be too afraid. I’m just going to set some ground rules for both of you. About Tablo’s place, I consider him to help you out because I need you to comeback at least early 2016. You need to work hard, okay?” His voice suddenly became soft, as if he doesn't want to scare me.

“Yes, thank you very much and I’m sorry Sajangnim.” My tears almost showed, and I try to hold it so much. I can’t let them see me crying.

-----

After a while, we are back to the elevator. Silence. Still silence. I don’t know what to say, I guess it’s the same thing with Hanbin. I just glanced at him once. He looked at me back. Suddenly he hold my hand and talk to me, but his voice is so small, barely a whisper.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t protect you, Hayi-ya.”

“Hanbin-ah, it’s not your fault!” I try to look at his face but he keeps on looking at the floor.

“I am selfish, right? I should’ve begged him not to take you away.” His gaze is still on the floor, not looking up.

“You are not selfish, you are protecting me for talking so bravely about us. You make him believe that we can make it work”

“Do you think so?” He lifts his head and look at me for the first time we go out from Sajangnim’s office.

“I know so. Kim Hanbin.”

“Again.”

“What?”

“Say that, my name, again.”

“Why?”

“It makes me smile, you calling my name.”

“You are the cheesiest man in the planet, Kim Hanbin.”

“Yes, and you are my type, Lee Hi. We can make it work” He finally smiles at me. I love this guy so much.

“Yes, we can make it work.” I smile back at him.

------

OMG GUYS ITS BEEN A VERY LOOOOONGG TIME!!!! IKON DEBUTED AND HAYI CAME BACK!!!!! I just read back my stories and surprisingly there are lots of stories that is accidentaly similar to real events, I'm so surpised!!! I promise my friends on Twitter that I will update my fics when Hayi came back, and here it is. If you forgot about the story already, feel free to read it all over again~~ Hahahahahahaha. I am soooo happy!!!!