Box.

Beautiful

“I mean, I will be there, alone. Not even with Jinhwan-hyung or Jiwon-hyung. There is something that I want to give to you.”

-------------------------

He said that he wanted to meet me, but it’s been two days since =their arrival from Japan and still no news about him. Well, maybe he’s busy with Mix and Match filming and their next event in Beijing, not to mention the finalization of Epik High’s new album and MV that featured him. But still, I’m wondering what his words mean. What did he want to give me? Why did he want to meet me alone? Isn’t that kind of dangerous four our position as idol?

It’s already Thursday morning, and suddenly my cell phone beeps.

Hanbin:

“Are you busy this afternoon?” Bingo, finally some news from him.

Hayi:

“I’m free around 8 pm, what’s wrong?”

Hanbin:

“Okay, I’ll meet you at the rooftop. See you.” He keeps things short, which makes me wondered even more.

---------------------------

My practice with finished at 8.15 and I excused myself when Epik High-oppas and Soohyun are still in the practice room, talking. I don’t really listen to what are they talking about, I just told them that I have to go somewhere, and then I left.

I walk, actually more like half running to the rooftop. I pant when I arrived there, seeing him leaning on the wall, alone. I try to walk slowly and silently, hopefully I can surprise him but he already saw me and wave toward me.

“Hayi-ya, come here.” He waves and point to his sides and I follow his order, standing beside him.

“Sorry, I’m late. My practice with Epik High-oppas is longer than I thought. I have to wait several times because I switch roles with Soohyun as well. ”

“You’re practicing with Epik High-hyungs for their comeback stage? What song?” He widen his eyes, seems to be quite surprised with my information.

“Happen Ending. Did you help composing that song as well, Hanbin-ah?”

“Sadly, no. That song is composed by Choice and Tablo-hyung. I really like that song; the lyrics are carefully written and so sad.”

“Ah, this is the one I want to give to you. I’m sorry it took me several days to get it, their schedules are quite packed so I have to wait for their spare time to give me this.” He pulls out Epik High’s new album, Shoebox.

“Whoa! How can you get this already? It’s not even on sale yet. I haven’t even seen it from Epik High-oppas.” I am really wondering how he can get this album, even YG artists are unable to have their own album beforehand, and our managers said that it prevents from leaks.

Well, since Tablo-hyung is practically the center of this album-making, he got three first copies, Mithra and Jeongsik-hyung will get theirs the day after tomorrow. I ask Tablo hyung to gives me one of his copies, and he gives me this! He even signs and draws shoebox below the box. So, this is definitely one of a kind~” He smiles widely while waving the precious album.

“Are you sure you want to give that to me?” I ask him seriously. There’s no way I’m going to reject this generous offer, but I really need to make sure. Just to be safe.

“Yah! What do you mean by that question? Of course I’m sure of it. I promised you, remember?”

“I thought you will give me after the album is on sale, Hanbin-ah. I’m not really hoping you to give me one though; I thought you’re just kidding.”

“I try to keep my promise to everyone, Lee Hayi-ssi.” He pretends to be serious, but he cracks a wide afterward after just 3 seconds.

“… and I don’t have to buy this, so it’s even more economical than buying you one, right?”

“Well, I gladly accept this, thank you very very very much, Hanbin-ah.”

“I also want to show you our Born Hater MV! Tablo-hyung also sends me this.”

“Wow! Let’s watch it! It supposed to be aired in around two weeks, right?”

“Yes! Let’s watch it. This is my first time watching the full MV as well. Let me warn you, though. We curse a lot!” We laugh when he explains shortly about the amount of curses in the song, then he sits and taps the spot next to him, asking me to sit there.

---------------------------

After more than five minutes, the MV ended. I’m practically stunned by that song and MV.

“That’s great, Hanbin-ah. The arrangement and portrait MV setting are very unique. You guys did a very good job! This will be a hit!”

“Thank you for your compliment, I’m quite nervous whether this song will be accepted by markets, because it’s not really Kpop. Well, Epik High-hyungs are very Hip Hop, anyway.”

“Eeeeeey, you don’t have anything to be nervous about. This is good stuff, thank you for letting me see this first. I really loves your presents to me, Hanbin-ah”

“Don’t mention it, Hayi-ya. You can consider this as my late birthday present for you.”

“Eh?” I’m so shocked by this. Birthday present for me? I don’t even expect him to know my birthday, so I don’t have any expectation of him.

“I didn’t see you at YG Building on your birthday, and I don’t want to wish you happy birthday via text message. So I guess I try to make it up to you buy giving you something special for you, and this is for you too.” He put something on my head, it’s a hat. A Minnie Mouse hat.

“I’ve seen you wore Mickey hat before, so I think you will like this as well.”

“Hanbin-ah, this is too much. You give me three presents for my one birthday. I am already happy by the fact that you know my birthday.” I smile widely while taking of my new favorite hat, and holding it.

“That’s not too much really, and I almost forgot, Happy Belated Birthday, Hayi-ya.”

"Thank you very much. I feel unfair that I don't give you anything at all. How about if I give you this, free supply of Sour Cream Pringles for a whole month. Let me write you the agreement."

"It's official then. I will provide your daily consumption of Pringles this whole month! Don't forget to share it to your team mates, arra?"
 
"I'm not really good at sharing, Hayi-ya. So I can't promisr you that. I need to keep this agreement so you won't bail on me, wait a minute" He dig through his backpack for something and pick up a little white box with an ornament on it.
 
"My fan gives me earlier in Kansai Airport, I don't know what to do with this but finally it will serve as the storage of your pact, Hayi-ya!"
 

"That's a very quick thinking, keep it save, arra? Or I won’t promise you I will fulfill my duty to send you your daily dose of Pringles.”

“Of course! Thank you, Hayi-ya!”

“It’s nothing, really, compared to your presents. As you said, this album is one of a kind. Can I show it to Soohyunnie?”

“Ummm, I guess you can, but don’t show it to others, they will question you where you get it from. Ah, please don’t let Epik High-hyungs saw this, chebal.”

“Wae?”

“Because, ummm, I sort of said that something embarrassing to him in order to persuade him giving me this. Please don’t ask me what I said, because I’m too embarrassed to say it. Hayi-ya.”

“Okay, Hanbin-ah. So, Soohyun is okay, but others, not yet. Tablo-oppa, never?” I laugh at my confirmation statement to him, he nod eagerly. Well, this is sort of a special album anyway, rite?

"Is that why you want to meet with me in private? Because of this album, Hanbin-ah?"

 
"Well, you can say that." He smiles shyly and put his hand in the back of his head, scratching it.
 
"Okay then. I can't wait to show it to Soohyun!!"
 
"Ummm, Hayi-ya. You're really close to her, aren't you?"
 
"Of course! She's my best friend, Hanbin-ah. Just like you and Jinhwan and Bobby-oppa. She knows everything about me."
 
"Aah, right. So, anything she said about you will be a truth then, rite?"
 
"Yep, more or less. Why did you ask that, Hanbin-ah? Did she say something about me?" I try to look as suspicious as I can at him.
 
"A-aniyo~ I was just wondering. Don't look at me like that, Hayi-ya. I'm so scared."
 
"Eeeeeeey, like I can get the charismatic leader scared. Hanbin-ah, it's late and I don't want to miss tonight's episode of Mix and Match. I'll go home now, okay? Thank you for all this gifts~~"
 
"Do you want me to take you home, Hayi-ya?"
 
"It's alright, my manager is still waiting downstair. Good luck for Beijing!"
 
He smiles and waves at me, I turn around and walk to the door. As my hand touch the door's handle, my cell phone rang loudly. I am frozen as I hear one special ringtone that's only reserved for one person.
 
... and he is right behind me.
 
"B.E.A.utiful. so beautiful!~~"
 
I'm so busted.
  
------------------------------
 
A/N: does my decription of Hanbin's storage box remind you of something?