New Year's Eve

Beautiful

Today is pretty cold, but the rehearsal went really well. One of the concert producer praised me when we're rehearsing Happy, she said that I'm getting more swag these day, and my rap, even just one line, is quite good. I'm thanking her and feeling proud at myself. I want to tell her that I have the best teacher and I want to show him off everywhere, but I can't. I end up texting him instead.

Hayi:

"Hanbin-ah, I've finished my rehearsal. They praised my rap! I wish I could tell them that you're my teacher. >////<"

I wait for 10 minutes, and nothing comes. No reply from him. I don't want to be upset because I know that we have our own activities, and with their upcoming debut, it'll be twice harder. But it's almost holiday, how busy can he be? I'm getting restless and decided to text him again.

Hayi:

"Hanbin-ah, are you busy?"

Finally after 15 more minutes, I got a phonecall that I've been waiting for. 

"Hi, baby. Good job on your rap" He sounds really tired for some reason.

"Thank you, Hanbin-ah. You sounded very tired, what happened?"

"Nothing, nothing. Everything is fine. We've been practicing really hard. So, what about that rap? Did you struggle with anything?" I feel that he's deflecting, but I don't feel like confronting him, he's been really tired after all, he needs me to be more understanding.

"Everything went really well. You're definitely my best teacher!"

"I know that I'm not your first rap teacher, but I'm trying to be your best teacher, though." He chuckles a little.

"Eh? What do you mean, Hanbin-ah? I'm confused."

"Don't you remember that Seunghyoon hyung, your ideal type, is your first rap teacher in Kpop Star? You rapped really well with that song. As Time Goes By, right?"

"I don't even remember that, how do you know about that anyway?"

"Let's just say that I voted for you more than once at that time."

"So, you've been my fan for years? Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"I lost all my courage to re-introduce myself when you don't remember me by the time you started to train YG."

"Have we met before that? I thought that it was our first meeting~" I frown and trying to remember things from years ago.

"Just drop it, Hayi-ya. It's been years anyway. It's not important anymore."

"But-"

"No buts, Hayi-ya. You should concentrate on your performance. It will be a great performance. Hwaiting!"

"Aaaw, thank you Hanbin-ah. I wish you can be with me tonight."

"Be careful of what you wish for, baby. Maybe I'm on my way to you as we speak."

"Ya! Don't do that. You're too tired. Just take a rest, arra?"

"Ne, omma~"

"Ya! I'm not your omma. I'm not that old, you know~"

"Ne, yeobo." When he called me that, I blushed so hard.

"Hanbin-ah stop playing with me, go train or sleep or do something there." I speak so fast to cover my embarassment

"Okay than, I miss you so much, Hayi-ya. Good luck for your performance."

"Tell the other I say Hi, okay? I miss you too!"

After I hang up, I saw one text message that has been sent around 5 minutes ago, it's from Suhyun.

Suhyun:

"Onnie, where are you? We're going to eat out. We'll be waiting for you at the Lobby. Don't be too long, I'm hungry~"

I combed my hair to make myself a little bit more presentable and run straight to the lobby. When I arrived there, I found out that I was the last one to arrived, and we go straight away. They said that Chanhyuk is craving for some meat, so we're going to eat meat. I don't really care where to eat, though. My conversation with Hanbin is very effective to lift up my mood and my moral for this whole day.

"So, what will we do this new year eve, guys?" Chanhyuk asks everybody as he munches to his food.

"My wife and kids are coming here." One of the producer said to him.

"Mine too. We're having a vacation here in Busan."

As it turn out, almost all of the crew will be celebrating new year with their family. Some of them are flying back to Seoul right after the performance. I'm really envious of them, because my parents can't be here and I'm also without Hanbin. This is frustrating.

"We can have our vacation together, just the three of us, onnie. What do you think?" Suhyun is sitting right beside my with her wide smile, she's probably aware of my change of mood.

"Of course, Suhyunnie. We can play at the beach tomorrow. But won't that be cold?" I laugh a little

"It's alright, Hayi-ya. Who knows tomorrow will be a warm day, right?" He winks and laugh with his signature laugh.

-----

It's 8.30pm, and I'm sitting in my changing room, preparing for my performance in the next 30 minutes, alone. Yes, I'm alone because everyone is already gone to make sure everything goes well without any glitch. I look at my phone and decided to call Hanbin. He hasn't contacted me today, just one text message early in the morning. Just a short greeting and good luck.

I called him once, twice, three times, no answer. Maybe he's busy. I try to call Junhoe instead.

"Yobseyo, noona~ How's your new year's eve?" He seems to be so happy, maybe they're having a party there.

"Lonely, Junhoe-ah. Can you tell me where Hanbin is? I try to call him several times but he didn't pick up his phone. Is he with you?"

"Umm, no noona. He's out to celebrate his new year's eve without us. We're having our singles party here. It's okay anyway."

"Maybe he's going with his mom, but he's not telling me any- Ah! There's someone knocking. Make sure you tell Hanbin that I'm looking for him, Junhoe-ah."

"No way noona, you can tell him yourself. Byebye." He's such a diva. After I hung up the phone, I walk toward the door and the knock is getting louder. Somebody is impatient indeed. When I open it, I see someone with huge coat and mask, I fail to recognize who is it.

"Ummm, sorry but who are you?" I start to hold my phone hard, preparing to call my manager if something bad happen.

"Me, your new year's eve wish." 

-----

The concert went really well, and we start this year in front our our fans, it is refreshing. As soon as the stage is closed and everyone is greeting each other and saying thanks, I am trying to find some excuse to come back to my room.

"Ah, thank you. Thank you very much. Good job, everyone. Great work, Soohyunnie, Chanyuk! This is going to be a great year." I pat Soohyunie's back.

"Thank you for helping us, unnie. We're going to take walk and watch sunrise with Epik High-oppas and their families, do you want to come?"

"Ummm, I'd like to, but -" 

"Hayi has to get something first in her room, Soohyunie. If you're done with your things, just call us. We won't be leaving too soon anyway, Hayi-ya. We'll go in an hour." Chanyuk keeps on smiling so wide, and his words somewhat imply that he knows something.

"Ah, okay."

"Anyway, we'll be going with Epik High-hyung and their families, Hayi-ya. No manager or staffs." He continues and winks at me.

"Okay, Chanyuk. I'll call you guys as soon as possible."

"Ne unnie." Soohyun seems to be oblivious about the whole thing, but keep her smiles all the way.

I run to my changing room and knock on the door quietly, and the door opens.

"Finally, how's the concert, baby?" Hanbin smiles at me widely. He locks the door and sit with me in the couch while holding my hand.

"Everything went well, Hanbin-ah. Ah anyway, happy new year! I almost forget that." I scooted near him and kiss his cheek.

"Happy new year, Hayi-ya. But is that all I get after going for miles to see you?" He fakes pouting and I hit his arm.

"Yah! I've kissed you before the concert. That's the thanks-for-being-here kiss for you, sir."

"I thought it was a wish-me-luck kiss, I was wrong then." Again, he pretends to look sad and disappointed.

"I haven't finished to scold you for being here, though! Don't you know that it's dangerous for you to be here? What if somebody see you?"

"As long as it's someone that's already know about us, it's okay."

"What about your group, then? What about you? Aren't you tired, Hanbin-ah?" I am really worried about him, and I don't want him to be sick just before his debut. Not to mention that he has a lot of responsibility to his group.

"I took my rest well. I'm not swimming all the way here, you know?"

"Now you're just playing with me."

"I know that you're worried. I can take care of myself, baby. I just want to be with you today. I'll go back with the first flight. So, it's okay, right?"

"What time is your flight?"

"It's at 7 am."

"Okay then. So, Chanyuk is asking whether I want to go watch sunrise together with Epik High-oppas. Do you think it's okay for you to be seen by them?"

"Chanyuk has already knew that I'm here, Hayi-ya." He smiles sweetly at me.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really. I asked him about your performance schedule. He's also the one that informed me about your room."

"No wonder he kept on helping me to go back to my room. He knew that you're waiting alone here. Such a nice friend."

"He is very nice friend indeed."

"Sooo~" I try to ask him again about the sunrise. I really want to go with him there, but it's really risky.

"I guess it's alright. Just with them and Epik High-hyungs right?"

"Ne. Okay, I'll contact him right now!" I call him happily to inform him that we will be joining them, and slip him a sincere thank you.

"Aren't you eager." He kisses my cheek and put his head on my lap.

-----

We are in the private boat together toward Dongbaek Island, one of the favorite spot to see sunrise. Hanbin has greeted all Epik High-oppas and their families, and playing around with Chanhyuk. Soohyunnie is somewhat shocked by the fact that Hanbin's here, and after asking him thousands of question, she finally relaxed herself.

"Isn't he romantic, onnie. Going all the way to meet you here." Soohyun smiles while looking at me. I guess she is right, but I still have my doubt.

"But I'm still worried whether he's making a right decision by being here."

"Eeeeey, nothing could go wrong, onnie. Both of you are working hard, and you are in a healthy relationship. I don't see what's wrong with that."

"I hope you're right. It's really nice to see him here, though."

"Be happy, onnie. This is your first new year together."

"Thank you, Soohyunnie. You're such a great friend." I hug her tight and kiss her cheek. She's the best friend I could ever have.

"Hey guys, what are you doing. It's already time. Come here!" Chanhyuk asks us to go to the deck to see the first sunrise of the year.

I am walking hand in hand with Soohyun and stand just beside Hanbin. He smiles at me and waves at Soohyun. This is great. When the sun is about to rise, I pick up my phone and preparing to take a picture of it. Hanbin is just looking at me and holding my shoulder to keep me warm. He keeps on asking me whether I'm cold or sleepy. How thoughtful.

Finally, the sunrise come and it is beautiful! We are awestruck by the beauty of the view in front of us. Wishing that 2015 will be a better year. I feel Hanbin backhug me and whisper something to me.

"Happy new year baby, I love you. I hope this year is as beautiful as this sunrise."

-----

Jinusean comeback after 11 years, guys! I am waiting for it nervously~~~