pay up!

I spy, with my little lens

It's amazing what you can do with little time,but tones of ideas! Not many would approve of the main person to take matters into her own hands,but how could they argue with my genius?!Yeah, I like the new smug me! 

I've set my mind on the center piece of my exposition even before they let me know about it and I couldn't have been more happy about it.I just hoped I could receive some news about them getting my invitation(it had been sent as a group one) before I started getting hype like some mad ...person.The more they lacked in responding,the restless I'd become.

Eventually I had to go on with it,regardless of what my feelings were,so now I was roaming through the crowd,still faceless and nameless to the majority of the people attending the exposition.

​Good music, nice atmosphere,entertaining chatting over discussing the new artist's captions....everything was what I've dreamt of since my first year in college.It was just a slight problem:along the way,something changed,something that was missing now,making my dream incomplete.

I took a long sip from the bubbly drink they catered,listening to the various insights of my pictures;some were funny,some adequate and some.... questionable, to say the least.

"I don't get it.Why 60 seconds?" some random guy read outloud,staring at the central piece."I know it's not that simple,but I would like to know what the photographer really meant."he spoke to his date for the night.

"That's the beauty of it.Anyone can attribute it to whatever he/she deems." I approached them.

"I like her style."the girl mused."It's not only one-way thinking.Sure,this one might be personal,seeing how she chose it the center piece.Which,inevittably raises its price."she winked.

"I would call it priceless,actually."I slipped,amused at their gawking eyes."I'm glad you spoke your minds.Enjoy the rest of your evening.Anything you'd like to know,I'll be happy to....."

"Oh, it's been a while since we last found a challenging artist."the man aknowledged my presence."I usually spot the guilty one,but this time..."

"It wasn't my intention to deceive anyone."I admitted a little shy.

"No worries."the girl smiled."So,I don't suppose you'd wanna share the meaning behind this particular photo?"

"Sorry,no.You guessed it right,though;it is personal.Let's just say it was the starting point of my recent career."

"Speaking of.There's someone here that you might want to say HI to."Jae Ri popped behind me."Excuse us."she sweapt me off my feet.

"Where's the fire?" I laughed,trailing after her while bowing at the two left behind."I know Dr.Choi is bound to pass by...is he on call,again?Is this why we're speeding?"

"I'll kill him if he is!He promissed we'd leave together after this."she fumed,dragging me.

His hectic working hours weren't  really her favourite part of their relationship,but they managed to get by nonetheless.

"Where are we rushing?"I tried to play amused by her impeding act.

"I could only keep their presence at bay for 5 minutes.Be ready to have your spotlight taken from you."Jae Ri warned me,when we faced a sea of flashing lights,all adressed to the newcomers,non-others than the dreaded kids.

The media had taken bigger proportions all of a sudden and I sure as hell wasn't ready to receive that kind of publicity,all due to their showing up.No matter how you looked at it,my exposition would get free passage into this new area,even though we had zero to do with one another at the moment.

I missed them.!16 months away from their sparkly selves did them justice.They weren't idols for nothing!Spotless attires and love for the cameras were like breathing air for them,but I still saw them as the goofy group that influenced my way of living after meeting them.

"Wait just a second."I hurried in search of my own camera.I wouldn't miss this for anything in the world:I had to get a picture of them,casually walking my way.

Click!...Click!...Click!...

I smiled from behind the lens at their get-away,the spotless group all gone with the wind,the second the flashes turned to another guest.Sungjong busy with adjusting Hoya's collar,Dongwoo goofing his way along with Sungyeol and a dashing Woohyun on a lollipop just to tease poor Myungsoo who found it irritating to follow his childish hyungs.I knew he was barely keeping from bursting out loud,just by looking at his annoyed puffed cheeks.

"Ahjussi!I can't believe you're such stuck-up that you couldn't even give me a heads-up."I pouted as they got closer.

"We wanted it a surprise,but the joke's on us.I don't know how they got word of this."Dongwoo apologised,pecking my cheek.

We were still very much OK with the whole skinship,even though it had been some time since we last saw eachother.

"It's not so bad.You'll get used to it."Woohyun winked at me."It's really something,you have an eye for this!"he looked around,making a pop sound at which Myunsoo cringed.

"Yeah, go figure."I kidded,restlessly searching for one person in particularly.

"Uhm, he can't make it."Myungsoo pitched in.

I stared him in the eyes,thankfull for the news,even though it wasn't what I had expected to hear.

"His loss.Come one,I have to brag about my special models."I hooked arms with Sungjong and Sungyeol."You're gonna love what I've done with your collage."I smiled happily.

"Whoa, noona actually...."

"Don't worry.Yours is NOT for sale."I calmed the choding."Those are my memories,but I had to share with everybody,right?"

"And you thought those two didn't have it in them.Look what they turned her into!"Hoya shook his head dramatically at Dongwoo.

"I heard that!"I spoke not looking at him."Woohyun,you better munch on something other than a silly lollipop.I won't have Myungsoo turn my soiree into a bloodbath because of you!"

"Yah...just because you're pissed hyung couldn't make it, doesn't mean you have to take on me.I actually begged him on your behalf!"he approached me.

"Thanks!"I punched him slightly on his back.

As soon as they spotted their handmade collage,proudly displayed, they went beserk!I almost feared for the rest of the attending leaving before time,because they were suddenly out of their element!I knew only one person who had it in him to put them in their place,but sadly he wasn't around.

"It probably would've been for the better if he actually got to the airport on time,but hyung overslept."Myungsoo came next to me,sipping on a glass of champagne."No matter how you look at it, scolding over the phone isn't the same."

"Are..."

"He really tried to be here;he's not avoiding you."he cut me short."Although he complained a bit about the cost of his showing up."

"Pff,stingy!"I scoffed."He knew that was coming!Why is he surprised?!"

"Brag much?" I heard an all familiar voice that got me forgeting to breathe.Myungsoo was smirking beside me,but soon enough turned it into a brotherly smile,patting my shoulder.

"I'll go buy ...something.You two play nice."he eyed me.

"You at making things right!"I took his glass,gulping the whole thing in one go.

"Hey,easy on enthusiasm!"Sunggyu tried to pry it from me."I'm only here for about an hour;can't take the risk of you..."

"Oh,shush!"