You caught that, huh?

I spy, with my little lens
" I just knew this was one of the best ideas ever!" Jae Ri  congratulated herself, barely holding still. Somewhere they were registering a 5 degree earthquake, by the way her feet tapped the wooden floor." I can't believe we get to take a bunch of pictures of this marvelous momentum." 
 
" Oh, happy joy!" I muttered,returning to my rightfully spot at the coffe table.If only I had a damn mug in my hands! Instead I had to slurp my way into feigning I induldge this kind of happiness.
 
"Could you be more obvious? I really can't get why you always turn into a mood pooper whenever I manage to show you the cuteness of life" Jae Ri said, frowning in that adorable way that made me always want to pinch her cheeks.
 
"Babies are cute" I slurped again, making enough embarasing sounds to force her into hiding her face under the table . Even this, what you just did is cute" I admited."That, happening over there, is anything but!"
 
"Oh, whatever, no matter what, this time I won't let you ruin it for me!" she warned.
 
"Cute" I said, annoying the little devil."Remind me to book a one way ticket on the day someone proposes to you" I kept pointing the obvious, as in the whole situation had zero to do with her. Best case scenario, we would, by some crazy luck get to take a few good snap shots of a highly overrated event.Which I really doubted.
 
"Any minute he's gonna  do it!" Jae Ri smiled my way. She could barely hold still,like a kid in a candy shop.I thought of slapping her hand,but no amount of bickering was gonna stop her,when witnessing the most romantic proposal. I just sighed loudly,defeated even before I could utter any words."OMG,he's going for it! Look he just took a small box out of his coat!"
 
At that point,all I could do was induldge in her happy go personna and tried to caption the oh so memorable event! 
 
Click!...a hand clutching desperately on a small blue cubicle.
 
Click!...a smirk in the girl's eyes.
 
Click!...a ray of sunshine reflecting on the ring now resting on the girl's finger.
 
"Pff,  almost got fooled!" I thought, checking again without the help of my camera.
 
Her eyes diverted shortly to another person,somewhere in the background,a dark character glooming over the happy couple.
 
Click!...a longing stare of a hurt man.Somewhere in the background....
 
I slowly let my camera down completely entranced in his stare. Like I said, I was not your regular normal person to begin with.Before I knew it, all hell broke loose.How on Earth did I get myself in this? I kept asking myself, all the while trying to get that stupid man to come to his senses.
 
I seemed to be the only one aware of him fainting all the way over there, probably because I just locked sight with him like my life depended on it.Ok, now where did that come from? I mentally slapped myself.
 
The cheering on the background somehow disipated and I was focused only on shaking him, trying to get some sort of response out of him, but to no avail. Even though he breathed, it was shortened and raspy,his face all drenched in cold sweat. He shouldn't have been out  in the open!
 
True to my self proclaimed status, I didn't start screaming for help and risque ruining Jae Ri's thing, well maybe just over the phone when I dialed for an ambulance. The things I do for you Jae Ri! I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.
 
"Hey, can you hear me?"I started,seeing him barely moving his lips. That was a good sign, right? I thought to myself, lowering my left ear closer to him.
 
I really , really hope someday I'd be able to recall and laugh my about that, because right in those moments I was experiencing hell! 
 
The mad man finally succeeded  making himself half understood which was why I ended up sneaking him in the girls' restroom,splashing a good amount of water on him,all the while canceling the ambulance request;needless to say i got reprimanded in more than one way! I bowed so many times and so low that I bumped into him a couple of times,the result being that he was now on his ,barely resting his back on the wall.
 
"Listen, I get that you are in a serious situation, but I really think that you need help" I insisted."Is there someone I could call for you?Don't you people have managers or some sort of persons that handle these kind of situations?"
 
If looks could kill I would be on cloud number nine! And not because I was overjoyed...
 
"You people?" he whispered angryly.
 
"You caught that, huh?"