60 seconds

I spy, with my little lens

"Wait! Just...ing stop a minute, there!" I screamed halfway through the update, making everybody in the room flinch.

A minute, ing bastard...60 damned seconds.....that's what he had sang  before, almost lulling me to sleep.

All my intended burst of authority just flew out the window, having been sent to bed-arrest, yet again after my legs went down on me, this time leaving a bloody trail along my right arm which I successfully cut on the side bed.

It was like pushing some God damn missile button, alarming the entire ward;hands flew in the air,voices shouted orders,people started tearing and I didn't give a damn because all I could think of was him. 

It was like a whirlwind that held me tight until every single piece of shared memories found their way back inside my head;it hurt and it made me so dizzy that I was on the brink of throwing up,but somehow I welcomed it.Because it brought him back to me.

Eventually I fell asleep much to the others' relief.And it had been the sweetest thing I've ever experienced in my life;the memories kept replaying bringing new light upon the past events.

We met, we fell,we said our good-byes and we were once again reunited.

From this point on it was uncertain what the future would bring,where we stand and what we'd decide to make out of everything.

I woke up a bit fuzzy,but soon recollected myself;beside me lay an I-pod with a post-it on it that said"play me".His signature didn't get passed by unknowledged this time.I was glad he decided to take the first step,whatever it might be.

A  little scared I pressed the play-button,taking in a deep breath.....

"...you never answered your phone,but always listened to what was played in your ears;guess you were that kind of strange presence.And you called me Mad man!Talk about weird connections, huh?!....I....Damn,it,I hate how insecure you make me feel.It's just talking,right? Or not,seeing it's you we're talking about.You'll remember,I know you will;otherwise Jae Ri will have your head;scary little creature..."

I smiled in all honesty.He got everything spot on! Plus, that side of him was all new to me.

"...Maybe not all the details,but at least who your friends are.I never thought I'd miss you....it's not like we were real friends.BUt you knew me.In a messed-up way,you always knew me and because of that I miss you even more.I actually already said my good-bye to you,so I probably don't have the right to nag you anymore,but bare with me just a little more."

At this point I began crying,choking on salty tears.

"...It might've taken me 60 seconds to fall for you and just as much for you to forget about me,but I'll treasure this precious minute all the more.I won't pressure you to remember....me,just know that you left your mark on some poor soul who holds a special place in his heart just for you."

There was a very long pause and I almost took off the head-set,when I heard his soft whisper.

"...who am I kidding?! I hate this! I hate that you remember anything but me.I hate that I remember everything about you! I'm just unable to help you,or maybe you don't even need it.maybe that's what you wished for all along,to erase any connection to me. That doesn't mean I don't hate it !I turned our...story into a hit,how sick is this?Now I can't stand its success,because it only reminds me of what I lost.Come to think about it,maybe I never really had it in the first place.But you made it feel like I won first prize,so you should take responsability."

I dreaded hearing the lyrics of the song he played,but it was so enticing;his voice became my Lucifer.

"...you'll always shine,Kim Chae Rin!Whether in my eyes or someone else's.Make the best out of everything,ok? Let's meet when you'll be so famous that I have to pay a year's worth to get into your show-room.It was a real honour getting to know you."

Damn him...and his choice of words...and his overall decisions.Did it still have to hurt this bad?It's not like we haven't been here before.

Well,maybe this was different afterall;there had been a little hope left.

Fine,Mad Man! Let's meet just like you suggested.I'll make you weep when you pay for the ticket.