And/ Or

Sunflower Girl

I was sitting down while Jinyoung sent the release forms for me to get back home. Granted, I was still weak but I was able to walk. Besides, I begged Doctor Song and Jinyoung to allow me to go back home. If I was going to die soon, I wasn't going to die in an extremely depressing place.

"Myunghee?"

I looked up and saw Doctor Song, looking at me sadly.

"Don't forget your chemotheray session this coming Tuesday," he reminded me.

"Okay, sure thing, Doctor Song!" I chirped.

He continued staring at me as if he had something he wanted to tell me.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"... I just wanted to say... your father made the hugest mistake to leave you," he said suddenly.

"Doctor Song..." I called out worriedly as I saw his eyes getting teary.

"If you were my daughter, I'd be so incredibly proud of you... for becoming a bright, beautiful lady despite all this," he said as he wiped away his tears that have fallen down.

I pressed my lips together, trying my best not to have them tremble. Touched, I stood up and gave him a hug.

"Thank you for saying that. It means so much to me," I whispered as I leaned my forehead on his shoulder.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

I got out of the shower to see Myunghee looking out the window of the dorm's living room. I let out a weak laugh.

"What are you thinking about now?" I asked.

"Heaven," she replied after awhile.

My smile faded and I approached her slowly. I stood right beside her, looking out the window as well. It was snowing and everything was almost white from the snow that was falling.

"People link heaven to being white and cool... I don't want it like that though," she said.

"Why is that?" I asked as I looked at her.

"Sunflowers won't be able to grow there," she replied, still looking outside.

I looked back to the front, feeling my eyes stinging with tears.

"Just in case it is white, could you let me hold a sunflower while I'm in my coffin? A really tall, strong one," she said, her voice quivering slightly.

I let out a sniffle and I cleared my throat.

"I can do that," I replied, trying to sound strong eventhough my heart was breaking ever so slowly.

"And also a picture of the boys, you and Cheonsa," she added, knowing she was already shedding tears.

"Yeah, sure," I answered as a stray tear fell.

She then faced me and leaned her forehead on my arm. I turned to face her and wrapped my arms around her, enveloping her in a hug as we faced away one another and cried.

"I'm sorry I can't get better," she said and I shook my head.

"You don't have to apologize, Myunghee," I replied.

LATER ON...

Myunghee fell asleep after vomiting tons even after eating nothing but her pills and a bowl of porridge she didn't even finish. Cheonsa was taking her nap in JB's and Youngjae's room while the boys and I were in the living room.

"Social Services said I'm fit enough to be Cheonsa's guardian," I revealed and everyone replied with weak smiles.

"That's great, Jinyoung," Mark hyung said softly and then there was silence again.

"I know you feel hurt by all this. Maybe its better if you express this pain verbally rather than keeping it all inside," Youngjae suggested.

I shook my head and let out a sigh.

"I don't know how," I replied.

"How would you describe Noona to you?" Bambam asked, starting it off.

Then so I thought hard.

 

"You know the words 'And' and 'Or'?" I asked and everyone nodded.

"People use those two words when deciding on something they can't decided thus they want both, so they use 'And' or maybe they use 'Or' because they can't decide on one specific object," I started off and everyone seemed lost.

"Then I met Myunghee and that changed me. For once in my life I wanted something so much, so much more than me wanting to become a singer, she became a need instead of a want. Then I realised, when it comes to love... that was the end of the word 'or' because now, there is no other that can compare. It was also the end of 'and' because... she's the only one I love," I explained.

Everyone just seemed sadder after I said so... including me.

"If she was normal, just a tiny bit ordinary like us, maybe... just maybe I could love again. However Myunghee is just out of this world... special. She's like this lost soul in a world of humans and... I don't know what to do without her. It scares me how much I love her... how I can't imagine not seeing her smile anymore, how she won't... be there," I confessed, on the brink of tears.

"It scares me more that I'm crying everyday when she's still here... What would I be when she's gone? How empty... I'd feel," I added as I closed my eyes and felt my tears roll down my cheeks.

"Appa?"

I opened my eyes to see Angel standing outside JB's and Youngjae's room, looking at us with sleepy eyes. I let out a sniffle as I wiped away my tears and approached her. She automatically held out her arms towards me and instinctively, I carried her and held her in my arms. Then I felt warm... it wasn't the same warmth Myunghee gave me but still... I felt warm in a special way.

"You know..." I heard Youngjae say from behind me so I turned to face him.

"Sometimes, when you feel empty after someone leaves, another person can fill your heart with love again. Maybe Cheonsa will be able to do that," he continued on.

"And... you'll feel up her heart as well," Bambam added with a slight smile.

 

(THE FINAL CHAPTER IS COMING REAL SOON GUYS! IN APPROXIMATELY 2 CHAPTS OR MAYBE 3!)