... She Never Left

Sunflower Girl

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. I wore my jacket and rushed towards the door on my tip toes as the tiled floor was cold.

"Omma yah!" I greeted when I saw Jinyoung's mother outside.

"Myunghee ah~ Oh, sorry, you must have been sleeping," she apologized.

"Nah, its okay. Please, come on in. I'm going to make some tea. Angel is in my room, still asleep," I said as I hurried to the kitchen.

As I was boiling water, I heard Omma singing to Angel in my room. I walked closer to the door and saw her patting Angel's back as she slept.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine... You make me happy when skies are grey... You never know, dear, how much I love you... Please don't take my sunshine away..." I heard her sing softly.

"She used to sing that to Jinyoung when he was small"

I turned around to see Mr. Park behind me, carrying a few boxes.

"Oh, gosh! Sorry, I didn't know you came as well," I said as I bowed down.

"I shouldn't have scared you anyway, Myunghee ah... How are you? Doing okay? The headaches still there?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm okay. My shop is doing well now that its almost christmas and people usually buy flowers so money isn't a problem now. The headaches... well... they occur sometimes but its nothing serious," I said as I rushed back to the kitchen to check on the water.

"That's good to hear," he said.

"Myunghee ah, is she all packed?" Omma asked as she came out.

"Yup! Her bags are beside the sofa there. Are you sure that you'll be able to take care of her? I mean, you'll both be busy with the farm and she loves to move around. I'm scared you'll both be exhausted," I said worriedly.

"Its okay. When Jinyoung was small, he was a monster so we're ready for Angel," Mr Park replied with a smile.

"Omma? Grandma? Grandpa?" Angel said sleepily as she toddled out of the room with her yellow blanket.

I walked over to her and picked her up before giving her a smooch on her chubby cheek.

"Did you have a good sleep?" I asked.

"Yes~" she replied.

"Oh! She talks now?" Mr Park asked in bewilderment.

"Of course! She's 2 years old!" Omma said as I handed Angel over to her.

"Will you be okay spending Christmas alone? I mean, why not come with us?" Omma continued on.

"Its okay~ I need to earn as much money as possible so that Mr. Park and Mr. Choi don't have to give me money anymore. Besides, I want Angel to spend more time with her grandparents. It'll just be for a week anyway so I'll be fine," I said.

"Angel go?" Angel asked as she looked at me.

"Yes, Angel will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa for 7 days. You'll be a good girl right?" I asked as I held onto her little hand.

"Yes, Omma!" she chirped with a smile.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

"GUYS!!! WAKE UP!!! ITS TIME TO WAKE UP!!!"

I woke up to the sound of JB screaming at the top of his lungs like any normal day. Just like any other day, the first thing I saw was Angel, the gignatic bear that belonged to Myunghee. Youngjae had allowed me to keep it, since it was the only thing I had left of her other than the letter. I reached out towards it and held it in front of me.

"Where are you, Myunghee?" I asked myself as I stared at it.

A WHILE LATER...

I closed my eyes as I enveloped myself in the thousands of fans screaming for us to get on stage. Then I opened my eyes and just as I did, boys all gathered. JB held his hand out and we all did the same.

"Okay, guys... We worked hard to get this far and I know we're going to go further... This is our dream and no one can stop us... WHO ARE WE?!" JB yelled.

"GOT7!" we all yelled back in unison.

"NOW LETS GO AND HAVE SOME FUN!" JB shouted as he led us out onto the stage.

 

We were all at the train station and Angel was in my arms. I stopped and looked down at her.

"Cheonsa yah~" I called out and she looked up at me.

She smiled at me as she started playing with my long, wavy hair.

"Cheonsa yah... When you're with Grandma and Grandpa, I want you to listen to them well... when they ask you to bathe, don't fight with them, okay? And eat your vegetables," I said slowly so she could understand.

"Yes, Omma," she replied with a cheeky smile.

I smiled back at her. Angel reminded me a lot about Jinyoung eventhough Mr and Mrs Choi and Mr and Mrs Park say she looks a lot like me... but she had his eyes. I her chubby cheeks and I was reminded of the times when Jinyoung used to do that to me as well... and he'd show me the warmest smile in the world. I placed her down and watched her run to her grandparents. Mr. Park carried her in his arms.

"Take care of yourself! Don't worry about us, okay?" Omma asked and I nodded as I waved at them.

They disappeared into the train and I decided to go to the shop to start the day.

A WHILE LATER...

I took out the vases of flowers and positioned some of them outside the shop. I stood back a little to see if everything was positioned to my liking but then something caught my attention... the sunflowers.

"Oh, you guys can't be outside," I said to myself as I decided to place them back in the shop, near the door so people could still see them.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

"BAMBAM, HURRY UP WILL YOU?!" I screamed from inside the van.

With that, Bambam rushed inside and pouted at me.

"I could've talked to more fans!" he whined.

"Aigoo~ Are the fans all you think about?" Yugyeom asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Please, he also thinks about Taeyeon from SNSD," Mark hyung added.

"Awww, too bad, Bam. She's taken," Jackson teased with his hyena laugh.

As everyone else started annoying Bambam, I was listening to music as I looked out the window. It started to rain all of a sudden and there was a couple holding hands as they were trying to find shelter. At that moment, our van stopped right outside a flower shop and the couple stood beneath the shelter. They waited a few moments before running off again then at that moment, the sunflowers near the door caught my attention. I kept on staring at it, even as the van continued on driving, I kept on looking at it until it was out of sight.

"Myunghee..." I called out softly.

"What?" I heard someone say from beside me.

I quickly took off my headphones as I realised what I just did. Everyone was looking at me worriedly.

"Noona is still in your mind huh?" Youngjae asked.

"... She never left," I answered sadly.

I could tell that everyone was exchanging glances with one another.

"You all don't have to worry about me... I've been okay so far, right? So I will continue to be okay," I said, trying to comfort them.

"Jinyoung, if you want to search for her again---" Jackson said.

"No, I don't. From how she just left me and that 4 word letter she left for me to cry over, I can tell that she doesn't want to be found," I snapped.

Then everyone became quiet.

"I'm sorry, Jackson... guys. I know you're trying to help but its just something I have to get over with alone," I said calmly.

"Okay, Hyung... We understand," Yugyeom said as he turned to look at me.