I Love Her Already

Sunflower Girl

Omma and Mr Park had come back, luckily Angel was with Mr and Mrs Choi since Youngjae wanted to sleep over Jackson's house. I was sitting on the sofa, looking down sadly at my fingers.

"Why was Myunghee here?" Jinyoung asked.

"... We let her in. We told her where we hid the keys," Mr Park replied.

"... Why?" Jinyoung asked, on the verge of exploding.

"You two knew that she was going to leave... Am I right?" he added.

"Jinyoung---" Omma said softly.

"No! The truth, now!" Jinyoung demanded as he stood up from the sofa in front of me.

I looked up as well and saw Jinyoung crying.

"I told them not to tell," I said, breaking the silence.

He looked at me and frowned.

"What?" he asked.

"I... I told them I was going to leave and they wanted to tell you but I begged them not to so they didn't," I explained, not telling the entire truth.

"Why... Why Myunghee? Why?" he asked as more tears flowed.

"... I can't tell you," I said.

"Myunghee, we can't keep secrets from him any longer," Mr Park said.

"What secret?!" Jinyoung yelled as he glared at me.

"... Would you stay with me?" I asked.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Would you stay with me? Quit your job, live with me and marry me?! Because that's what you'll have to do if I tell you the truth!" I shouted as I started crying as well.

"Myunghee ah..." Omma called out gently.

"YOU WANTED TO LEAVE TAE-BAEK SO BADLY! TO PERFORM ON STAGE AND SING ALL DAY! YOU LOOKED SO HAPPY WHEN YOU LEFT AND I DIDN'T WANT TO BRING YOU DOWN SO I LEFT, OKAY?! YOU THINK I WANTED TO LEAVE?! I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE BECAUSE I WANTED YOU TO BE HAPPY!" I cried out before running out.

I wore on my sandals and ran through the snowy lane.

"MYUNGHEE!!!" I heard Jinyoung yell from behind him.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

"Son..."

I turned to see Appa standing in front of me.

"There is something you have to know about Myunghee after you left," he added.

He led me back to the sofa and sat me down in front of him with Omma beside him.

"Just after you left, Myunghee found out she was pregnant. She had been getting cravings and vomiting. She told us the night she found out," he said.

I stood up and started pacing back and forth.

"Pregnant? What?" I asked myself.

"We wanted to call you back... but she begged us not to," Omma continued.

"Because she didn't want to get in the way of her dreams," Appa said.

I stopped and looked at them. Appa stood up and walked to mw. He placed his hands on my shoulders and sighed.

"I don't say this a lot... but I'm so proud of you," he said suddenly.

"I know I used to complain about her but I couldn't be more wrong. Sometimes I'd check up on her and she'd smile whenever people see her... but I know she's breaking down on the inside. You have no idea... how alone she was with a baby in her," Appa said, his voice trembling a little at the end.

"Appa..." I called out.

"She went through hell and she would gladly be alone because she loves you so much. I felt so sorry for her. I know you love singing and I'm not saying you should quit... I'm saying that you should hear her out now before its too late," Appa said.

I sighed and nodded before grabbing my beanie.

"I'm going to get her," I said before rushing out to get my bicycle to find her.

I cycled through town and saw some of the boys but no sight of Myunghee. The next spot I thought of was the Sunflower field so I cycled up the slopes but unexpectedly, she wasn't there. I paused for awhile to catch my breath as I felt the winter breeze softly brush against my skin giving me chills. I thought long and hard until I realised the only other place she could be at. Terrified, I cycled back down all the way to Myunghee's house... the house she hated the most.

 

I was just outside the house... the house I wished my father didn't leave me at. How I wished he had sent me to some place else even if that meant an orphanage. Images of the many, many nights I was beaten to a pulp.... the many times I screamed and cried until I lost my voice the next morning... afterwards, the countless nights I just couldn't even make a sound... they were replaying in my head... every... single... one of them.

"AHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I threw a rock through the window, shattering the glass pane into a million pieces.

I picked up a few more and started throwing and throwing, somehow thinking that the more I threw, the less pain I could remember... but the pain was still there like a scar underneath my skin. I threw one more with all my might and it went through the broken window, I fell down as I threw it and started crying loudly.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

She held her fist to her chest and she started pounding it softly... exactly like what I did when she left and I was at the sunflower field. I saw her cry a few times... but it was never this hard. What scared me was that it seemed as if she couldn't ever even smile again. Plucking up all the courage I had in me, I dropped my bicycle beside me and walked to where she was slowly. I stopped in front of her and knelt down. She looked up at me, revealing to me how broken she really was on the inside. She placed her hands over and continued crying as she slowly looked back down, embarassed of showing her true emotions to me.

"... I love you, Park Myunghee," I said.

Her cries became slightly softer and she slowly looked up at me, a puzzled expression on her face.

"I told you I'd answer you when I get back, remember? When you shouted 'I love you'... Well, I'm saying it now. I love you, Park Myunghee," I explained.

She let out a little laugh as she shook her head and wiped away her tears.

"How can you still say that?" she asked with a sniffle.

"I don't know... how I can be so attached to someone for so long. No matter how many pretty girls surround me I just think of one beautiful one and that girl is you. That tells me how much I really love you," I explained.

She let out a little laugh again as if she was in disbelief and she looked away.

"... Appa told me... that you left because you found out you were pregnant," I confessed.

She looked back at me again and sighed.

"Why... Why would you do that?" I asked, just imagining how much she had to go through alone.

"You're not the only one that's in love," she said with a smile.

I let out a little laugh as I stood up and held my hand out. She held onto my hand and I helpped her up.

 

We were walking towards the Choi family's house since Angel was there.

"What is she like? Who does she look like? Is she healthy?" Jinyoung asked curiously, which made me feel happy.

I laughed.

"Um... She's quite talkative now eventhough she doesn't know a lot of words and she's very curious about everything. She gets along with everyone who takes care of her and she loves it when people sing to her. Your parents and Mr and Mrs Choi say she looks like me but she has your eyes and smile. She's very healthy but she hates cucumbers like Youngjae," I explained.

I looked to the side and saw him bite his bottom lip.

"She'll like you, if that's what you're worried about," I said and he looked at me nervously.

"You think she will?" he asked.

"She'll love you," I replied with a smile.

"GRANDMA!!! GRANDPA!!!" I heard Angel shout.

Jinyoung and I could see her playing outside in the snow with Mr and Mrs Choi.

"Yes, Cheonsa~" they both answered in unison, sounding exhausted from playing with her.

"Mr and Mrs Choi?" I called out.

Just then, Angel snapped her head in my direction and smiled brightly.

"OMMA!!!" she exclaimed as she ran over.

I squatted down and as soon as I wrapped my arms around her, I swung her around a few times and stopped to give her a kiss on her forehead.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

I watched from a distance as Myunghee and Cheonsa looked at one another so warmly. Suddenly, Myunghee looked at me and smiled.

"You want to talk to her?" she asked.

I nodded timidly as I walked over to them. As I did, Cheonsa looked at me with wide eyes, analyzing me from head to toe.

"Ahjusshi," Cheonsa chirped as she pointed at me.

"Ahjusshi?" I said jokingly making her giggle.

I smiled, seeing how her laugh was similar to Myunghee's.

"Jinyoung, remember... I won't be angry if you don't want to be part of our lives because I know you're already happy at where you at now. You don't have to be her father," Myunghee said.

"I just want you to know that when I picture myself happy, its with you and her right next to me," I answered.

Myunghee smiled widely at me and nodded. I knelt down a little to Cheonsa's eye level and smiled. She smiled back at me and Myunghee was right. She had my smile and my eyes.

"Cheonsa yah~ I'm not Ahjusshi... I'm Appa," I said.

"Appa~" she said shyly as she bit her bottom lip and smiled at me angelicly.

"Cheonsa yah, can I hold you for awhile?" I asked as I held my arms out towards her.

Immediately, Cheonsa spread out her arms towards me as well and I held her in my arms. It took me a few seconds to feel comfortable carrying her since I hadn't carried a child before however just a few seconds after, it was like she was made to be in my arms.

"I love her already," I said with a laugh as I looked at Myunghee and she replied with a smile.