Back In Tae-Baek

Sunflower Girl

JINYOUNG'S POV

"TOMORROW IS CHRISTMAS!!! ITS VACATION BOYS!!!" JB yelled at the top of his lungs as he busted in to every room.

I sat up and rubbed my sleepy eyes as I hugger Angel tight. The door opened and in came JB.

"Yah, did you pack up?" He asked.

"Oh, Omma and Appa told me they wouldn't be in Tae-Baek so... I guess I'm staying here," I explained.

"What? Come on, you can't be alone in the dorm for Christmas! You could stay at my place," JB suggested.

"Um... Its not really my parents not being there..." I said.

"... Oh... Myunghee?" He asked and I nodded grimly.

He placed his hand on my shoulder and sighed.

"Okay then... You can just drop by my house if you decide to come back," JB said before leaving to finish up packing.

After an hour, I watched from the living room sofa as everyone slowly placed their luggages beside the door.

"You sure you're staying, Hyung?" Yugyeom asked as he looked at me sadly.

"Yah, do you feel sad for me?" I teased.

He pouted at me and acted snobby.

"No~" he replied back, making me laugh.

"Come on, Hyung~ Its Christmas! You can't be alone for Christmas," Youngjae said as he came out of his room, wearing a beanie.

I pressed my lips together.

"Yah, you rascals really know how to change my mind," I whined as I got up to pack.

"YAY!!!" the 3 boys shouted.

 

I closed up the shop since the next few days was going to be a public holiday so flowers couldn't be freshly delivered. Just then, I got a phonecall from Omma.

"Hello, Omma yah," I greeted.

"Myunghee ah, I was just thinking that maybe you should come here, back to Tae-Baek for awhile. My husband and I don't feel good about you being all alone in Seoul besides Angel misses you as well. You could arrive tomorrow and it would be a surprise to Angel," Omma said.

I pondered over it for a few seconds and then nodded.

"Yeah... I don't have anything to do anyway since I cosed down the shop for the time being... Okay, I'll take the night train today and arrive tomorrow morning," I answered.

"Okay! I'm sure Angel will be very pleased when she sees you. I'll prepare a bed for you now. Oh! I'll also leave the gate keys under the potted plant just outside the gate in case you arrive early and everyone is out on town," she said.

"Okay, sure! See you soon, Omma," I said before hanging up.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

We were already in the train and it was going to take hours just to get there so I fell asleep.

(DREAM/ FLASHBACKS)

"Did you just take a picture of me?" she asked as she stared at me curiously.

 

"Hello!"

I jumped backwards and turned around to see Myunghee.

"You really came!" she chirped.

 

 

 

"You didn't eat any yet. Isn't it delicious?" she asked innocently.

 

 

"... I love you..." she said suddenly, making my heart skip a beat.

 

"Jinyoung ah"

I woke up and saw Mark hyung, who was sitting in front of me, looking at me worriedly.

"Hm?" I asked.

"... You're crying," he said softly.

Then I felt something cold trickle down my cheek. I realised he was right and I started wiping my tears away.

"Jinyoung, if you ever want to talk about Myunghee---" Mark hyung said.

"No. I mean, thanks but... I don't want to talk about her," I said before listening to music on my phone.

 

THE NEXT MORNING... (8 AM)

I arrived in Tae-Baek at 12am and took the bus to Omma's house. Luckily, the key was already under the vase and so I came in and just carshed onto Jinyoung's bed as I was exhausted. Just then, the doors of the room opened and came in Angel.

"Omma!!!" she yelled.

I got up straight away and yawned before smiling brightly at her.

"Angel yah~" I greeted as I held my arms out.

She ran into my arms and I quickly held onto her and fell back onto the matress.

"Omma~ Play~" she said.

"No, no, no... Lets sleep some more~" I said before falling fast asleep again.

2 hours passed and I woke up to see that Angel wasn't in my arms. Worried, I came out and saw a letter on the door.

"We're going to go for some last minute shopping for the Christmas dinner tonight. Merry Christmas, Myunghee!"

I smiled at the letter.

"Merry Christmas," I whispered.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

"Hey, where are you going?" JB asked as I came down the stairs.

"Oh, I have to go get some of my clothes from my house because I didn't bring enough. I'll be back soon!" I explained.

"Oh, Jinyoung! Merry Christmas!" he exclaimed.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" I yelled back.

I walked out, past the town area and saw some girls looking at me. I smiled at them and they started laughing.

"Merry Christmas, girls!" I chirped happily.

A few of them squealed adorably making me laugh.

"Merry Christmas, Jr.!" they replied.

I continued making my way and saw my house and stopped.

"Home..." I said to myself before continuing to walk.

 

I remembered that I had left my white dress in the house so I wore that with a hoodie over it. It was a starnge combination but I wasn't planning on going out and it felt warm and comfortable. I was in the kitchen when I heard one of the doors open and close. Chills went down my spine and I stood rooted to the ground for a few seconds.

"Oh my gosh... Am I going to die?" I asked myself, feeling rather dubious afterwards.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

For some reason, the gate was unlocked which was strange but I was able to go into my room. I was packing my clothes when I heard a voice.

"Who's there?!"

I straightened my back and looked at the door.

"Are you a burglar?!" the person yelled.

I laughed a little at the person's question. I came out of the room and walked towards the living room.

"Omma, are you here? I'm not a---" I said halfway... until I saw Myunghee in the kitchen.

Her terrified expression changed to a shocked expression as she just continued staring at me.

"Myu... Myunghee?" I asked.

"I... um... I.... I... um..." she stuttered as she quickly rushed past me.

 

I ran out and felt the snow beneath my feet, causing me to slow down. Just then, I felt an arm hook around mine and I was turned around. Jinyoung was in front of me now, staring at me, his face showing his confusion.

"Myunghee... Myunghee..." I repeated.

I unhooked my arm around his but he quickly grabbed hold of my wrist. I pressed my lips together hard as I tried to escape from hsi grasp but my efforts were futile.

"What are you doing here? Wait, no. You left. Why did you leave? And with your father that abandoned you?! You said you were sorry and thet you loved me. Why? WHY SAY YOU LOVE ME AND THEN LEAVE?! WHY?!" he questioned.

I remained quiet as I stopped trying to escape.

"YAH, PARK MYUNGHEE!!!" he screamed at me causing me to cose my eyes shut and let my tears flow.