I'm Yours

Sunflower Girl

4 chemotherapy sessions had passed and at first I was doing well... then one day it was like the whole world was against me. I started vomiting non-stop and Cheonsa was living with Jinyoung's parents for the time being because she was starting to realise I was getting weaker and weaker. Jinyoung worked hard in the day, sometimes visiting me during his breaks for a little while before going back out for his schedules. Then he'd come back at night and cook me porridge, feeding me if I felt too weak to even hold the spoon. He'd sit beside me as I puked non-stop, patting my back silently since that was all he could do to comfort me.

It was one of those good days where I woke up feeling normal and I sat up in bed to see Jinyoung sleeping down across the bed and over my legs. I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek, it. He budged a little before opening his eyes, revealing how tired he was.

"Jinyoung ah..." I called out sadly as I saw his condition.

He sat up straight away and stared right at me.

"You okay? Feel like puking? Want me to call Doctor Song?" He asked worriedly.

"Jinyoung, I'm feeling okay now. Don't worry..." I said reassuringly and he replied with a sigh of relief.

"What time did you sleep?" I asked as he crawled over to the other side of the bed and plopped down on it.

"No clue... I guess a little late?" he answered with his eyes closed.

I lied back down and looked at him, smiling.

"Why do you stay if its hard for you and there's an easier way out?" I asked softly.

"Because the harder way holds more benefits," he replied suddenly as I thought hr had fallen asleep.

Soon after, I heard him snore softly and I let out a soft laugh.

"Sleep tight, Jinyoung," I said before getting up to take my pills.

Just as I was walking to the kitchen, the telephone rang and I picked it up on the way.

"Hello?" I answered as I poured out a glass of water.

"Myunghee ah~ Doctor Song here. How are you today?" he asked.

"Ah~ Today is one of those good days. I just hope it lasts the whole day though," I answered before swallowing my pills with a sip of water.

"That's great then," he replied.

"Hey, Doctor. Thanks for taking care of me. You reminded me of my father," I confessed.

There was an awkward silence before he spoke up.

"Your father?" he asked.

"Yeah. He left me when I was little but before that he tried his best to take care of me. I still love him though... I'm angry but... I still love him," I replied.

"Well, he must be very regretful to have left such a beautiful, positive daughter behind," he replied and I smiled.

"Nah, I'm sure whereever he is now, he's living a better life... a happier life," I said.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

I woke up to the vibration of my mobile phone which was still in the pocket of my jeans. I picked up the call.

"JB yah..." I croaked out.

"You sound terrible. You're at Myunghee's right?" he asked.

"Uh yeah... Sorry that I didn't come for the radio show in the morning. Myunghee was puking until 3am when she finally calmed down and fell asleep," I explained as I sat up and stretched my legs out.

"Its okay, Jinyoung~ Everyone understands... just try not to miss to much because the fans miss you too," he said.

"Okay, dude," I answered.

"... Hey dude, I was thinking of having you bring Myunghee over to the dorm. That way it'll be easier for you since you don't have to travel too much and also if anyone of us don't have any schedules then we could take care of her if you're busy," he suggested.

"The boys won't mind?" I asked worriedly.

Then there was a beep, signalling that he placed it on speaker phone.

"BRING HER OVER! BRING NOONA OVER!"

I laughed a little and then there was a beep again.

"Yeah as you can see, everyone prefers it that way," JB said with a laugh.

"Okay, I'll tell her later. See ya," I said before hanging up.

I walked out of the room to see Myunghee standing near the window, merely looking out. She didn't seem to be focused on anything instead she was zoning out. I crept up behind her and hugged her from the back, giving her a slight shock.

"You scared me!" she yelled while giggling.

I gave her a smooch on her cheek before placing my chin on her shoulder.

"You okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"Took my pills an hour ago and I have not vomited yet," she replied.

"You've been standing here for the past hour?" I asked and she nodded with a smile.

"Aish, this girl. There is television here~" I said as I held her hand and turned her around to look at the television.

Then she suddenly, held my other hand as well and leaned her forehead on my chest. She twined her fingers with mine as she gave a sigh. I smiled and let go of her hands to place them on her shoulders. She looked up and into my eyes. The light from outside made her eyes looked as if they were twinkling... like the night where I saw the stars in her eyes when we lied down on the field of sunflowers. She smiled brightly suddenly like a kid and wrapped her arms around me.

"I just want to hug you all day~" she said in a child-like tone making me smile wider.

I held her tight and leaned her back against the wall just beside the window. She tip toed a little, her face inches away from mine and smiled brightly like a child as she placed her hands behind my neck.

"You saw me cry a lot, didn't you? Sorry... I'll try to smile a lot now before I feel sick again," she said innocently making me laugh.

I placed my finger to her forehead and shook my head.

"Just once, I want to get into that beautiful mind if yours and just see things the way you do," I said as I placed my hands behind her back.

We contined looking into one another's eyes as if it was a game we didn't want to ever quit from. Suddenly, she shook her head and her eyes started getting teary. She tilted her head a little and placed her hand on my right cheek.

"I really... really love you a lot..." she said as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

I started shedding tears as well yet my smile lingered on my face because as of now, she was still in front of me... and I could still see her.

"I know... I love you a lot too... from one edge of the sunflower field, to Tae-Baek town... to Seoul... to the ends of the Earth," I replied and she gave a little laugh.

"No matter what... even if the only thing that's seperating us is the skyline... I'm always going to be yours. I'll always be Park Jinyoung's girl," she said and I pressed my lips together and nodded before pulling her in for a hug.

"I know," I replied.

 

I had settled myself into Jinyoung's room of GOT7's dorm. He had spoken to me about the plan and I was hesitant at first just because I didn't want to bother them but they ALL seemed persistent so I agreed. Youngjae had gotten out of the bathroom and I went in to bathe. When I had finished, I wrapped myself in my towel before brushing my teeth. Then something caught my eye in the mirror, the drain in the floor of the shower place was blocked with hair... my long hair. I looked into the mirror and I could see my scalp clearly from some spots.

"Anytime soon I guess... Get ready, Myunghee... Get ready to stop breathing," I said to myself.