The Words

Sunflower Girl

I looked out the window as I sat up in my dull hospital bed in an even duller ward. It was raining outside and all I could think about was my flower shop. I hadn't been in it for a few days and I was worried about my flowers, especially the sunflowers which had a special place in my heart. Somehow, I knew the end was coming... but I wasn't ready... and I definitely didn't want to leave. I didn't get how those characters in those movies who had some terminal illness and they later on got to terms with it and found it okay. Yet I'm here, fighting everyday, trying to live not only for me but for the ones I loved around me. I couldn't come to terms with cancer like those characters... not when I have so much to lose.

"Myunghee ah~"

I turrned to the side to see Jinyoung, a bright smile on his face. I flashed the brightest smile I could.

"You're here!" I chirped as I felt aa blush come on.

"And I'm not alone~" he sang as he opened the door wider and I saw Angel standing beside him, holding his hand.

My eyes widened and I covered my opened mouth with my hands as she ran over to me.

"OMMA!" she yelled enthusiastically.

She clumsily placed one leg over aand on top of my bed as she attempted to climb up despite her short height. I let out a laugh as I carried her up and into my arms. Then I hugged her for aa few more seconds before she squirmed about and she leaned away from me to play with my long hair she loved so much.

"Omma... little hair!" she said with a frown as she realised my hair wasn't as thick as before.

I looked at Jinyoung, biting my bottom lip nervously as he just stared back at me, not knowing what to do as well.

"Ah~ Omma is taking this medicine where my hair drops," I explained as simply as I could.

"Why?" she asked as she tilted her head.

"Because Omma is sick," I replied, tears in my eyes as I patted her head.

"Why?" she asked again but this time I couldn't bring myself to answer.

"Oh! Jackson samchon is just outside with Yugyeom samchon!" Jinyoung said suddenly.

Cheonsa snapped her head back at Jinyoung and smiled mischievously as she hopped down and ran out to play with her favourite uncles. Jinyoung and I let out a laugh at how cheeky our daughter was. Then the laughter died down slowly and we continued looking at one another. A stray tear fell down and I quickly wiped it away, unfortunately he saw it and all I could do was let out a sad laugh.

"I don't know what to tell her..." I said, feeling defeated.

"You don't have to. I'll explain to her when she's older," he replied as he sat down beside me.

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

Then I heard the most unexpected words from her.

"Jinyoung, I don't want to die... I don't want to die like this," she said, her voice emphasizing how desperate she was to survive.

I pressed my lips together and nodded as I reached out and held her hands.

"I know, Myunghee ah..." I replied, my voice trembling slightly.

She started crying harder and so did I.

"I don't want to die yet!" she cried out loud as she shut her eyes and large tears escaped her eyes.

I stood up slightly and leaned forward towards her, enveloping her in a hug since that was all I could do for her now. She gripped onto the fabric of my sweater tight and I did the same with her shirt.

"I won't let you die yet... I'm also not ready so I won't let you die yet," I promised.

Myunghee was asleep after eating her drugs and I was just looking at her, worried that she wouldn't wake up. Just then, the door opened and Doctor Park came in. I stood up and bowed down respectfully.

"How is she?" he asked as he looked at her.

"Fighting well," I answered simply and I could see his hands starting to shiver.

"Have you told her?" I asked, remembering what I had told him a few days back.

He shook his head.

"Myunghee doesn't need more tears. I want her to focus on what she has now which is you, Cheonsa and her other friends. The last thing I want is for her to remember her past, especially the bad memories from it," he replied.

"... She isn't going to survive this, huh?" I asked and he nodded grimly.

I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat as I looked back at her.

"I would do anything to take her place. Even if I could just... give some of my years to her... or even just share some of her pain but all I can do is just stay by her side as she gets weaker and weaker," I sighed.

"Sometimes... being with someone and never leaving is all we have to do," Doctor Park replied and I looked at him again.

"Don't be like me and learn from my mistakes... Never leave someone you love unless they want you to and even then, fight to stay near," he added.

 

I woke up, feeling drowsy but that was pretty normal. My vision cleared and to my surprise, all 7 members of GOT7 were in the room. I let out a laugh as they hurriedly stood in a line in front of me.

"1, 2, 3... COME AND GET IT, GOT7! HELLO, WE ARE GOT7!" they exclaimed, JB leading them.

I let out a laugh, finding it hilarious and weird at the same time.

"Hello, I'm a fan!" I chirped as I weakly waved at them like a fangirl.

"And may I ask where is my daughter?" I asked, judging them.

"Playing with the other kids who are being treated in the pediatric ward and don't worry, nurses are watching her," Mark oppa answered.

"Uh... We're here to give you a gift!" Bambam revealed, taking me aback.

"Oh... Wow, what for?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Just because~" Jinyoung answered sneakily and I let out a laugh.

"Just because?" I asked and he laughed as well.

"Yes, just because. You remember that night at the sunflower field? You told me to play one of my songs to you?" he asked as they started grabbing chairs and sitting in front of me, remaining in a line.

"Uh... Yeah, I do," I said, slowly recalling it.

"So... To make a song about you would take decades because I wouldn't ever stop and it would never EVER be satisfying to me so here is one of GOT7's songs which somehow... kind of... how I feel about you," Jinyoung explained as he settled himself down in his chair.

"Wow... Why the sudden randomness?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Why not?" he asked with a wink and I laughed and shook my head in disbelief.

"You asked me..." he said suddenly in a slightly more serious tone and I looked back at him.

His face showed no signs of mischievousness and now he looked sincere.

"If I would want to live forever. Then I said, I wouldn't want to unless I'd be forever young. Now I'm going to tweak my answer a little and say I would want to live forever IF I remained young... but with you," he said.

His words touched my heart and I let out a sigh of happiness. Then I bit my lip and shook my head.

"I know we can't... I know and its just a dream of mine. I just want to share it with you the words I want to say to you. Is that okay?" he asked and I nodded.

Then Bambam clicked a button on his laptop and music started playing.

 

(Forever Young colour coded with eng subs and romanization and hangul - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5SAV6eBTDc)

(Bold ones are linked with story, underlined are ones sung by Jinyoung, bold and underlined words are what Jinyoung is trying to say to Myunghee)

Forever Young

Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young

The day I first saw your eyes
I saw countless stars in them

The day when I dressed kind of funny
Why that day out of all days?

I can’t forget that moment
The day the dazzling you came to me
You are the best of the best, no one I ever had
I will give you a present so I won’t regret

Miss you I really miss you
But I’ll sing for you so you won’t be bored
Turn the radio o-o-on
Turn the radio o-o-on

Miss you I really miss you
I’ll sing for you so you can think of me
Turn the radio o-o-on
Turn the radio o-o-on
Cuz I wanna be

Forever Young
Our time together
Forever Young
I don’t wanna lose it
Forever Young 

Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Cuz I wanna be

Forever Young
You and I just like this
Forever Young
Even if time passes
Forever Young
Woo baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Forever you’re my shawty

Forever you’re my shawty
All night, we’ll count stars, put me in your heart
Your eyes, your smile
Melt me, making my heart rush

Just come closer to me just like that
Wanna feel the beautiful night with me?
Hey shawty
I wanna be with you forever young
I can just tell, you’re ma baby girl

Miss you I really miss you
But I’ll sing for you so you won’t be bored
Turn the radio o-o-on
Turn the radio o-o-on

Miss you I really miss you
I’ll sing for you so you can think of me
Turn the radio o-o-on
Turn the radio o-o-on
Cuz I wanna be

Forever Young
Our time together
Forever Young
I don’t wanna lose it
Forever Young
Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Cuz I wanna be

Forever Young
You and I just like this
Forever Young
Even if time passes
Forever Young
Woo baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Forever you’re my shawty

Listen to me baby
Can you hear my heart for you?
I hope my heart reaches you
Just stay by my side just like that

Forever Young shawty forever young

Forever Young shawty forever young

Forever Young shawty forever young

Forever Young shawty... cuz I wanna be

Forever Young
Our time together
Forever Young
I don’t wanna lose it
Forever Young
Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Cuz I wanna be

Forever Young
You and I just like this
Forever Young
Even if time passes
Forever Young
Woo baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Forever you’re my shawty

 

JINYOUNG'S POV

This time, after what felt like forever, she cried happy tears.

"I love you too, Jinyoung," she said with an angelic smile.

I replied her with a smile and my own tears of happiness as well.

 

(Er... The end is coming near. YAH I KNOW I KNOW AFTER SUCH A SWEET ENDING AND NOW I'M SAYING ITS ALMOST GOING TO END!!! *and we all kinda know what that means* I'M SORRY!!! *hides in a corner*)