Love & Pain

Love Games & Consequences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing sat on the bus, his mind tied into millions of knots as a result of his confusion. The last weeks had been especially tough with all the thoughts swarming his mind. It was a good thing that Mr. and Mrs. Wu had called, asking if they could have Tao spend the weekend with them again. Yixing, although reluctant the first time, was rather glad that the two elderly had called. He needed all the time and space that he could have in order to make his decision. 

He had called Minseok and Luhan to catch up and was glad to find out that they still lived in the country. He was even more glad when the two invited him over, saying that it had been quite awhile since they saw him, and Yixing was just ecstatic to comply. He needed to tell someone he could trust about the current situation he was in and Minseok and Luhan were the only ones that he trusted.

Yixing looked out the window, wathcing the view of stores and cars that the bus passed by. He recalls back to the time when he took the same bus for the first time in hopes of finding a place where he could start anew. As he looked out the window, he realized that the stores that he passed by five years ago had changed. The people, their clothes, the cars they were driving, everything had changed. 

Yixing smiled a small smile to himself. Of course they had changed, it has been five years. But why did Yixing feel like he was going through the same situation that he was in five years ago? Why did he feel like he was running away again?

Yixing sighed once again. He closed his eyes and waited for his stop to come.

It had been more than two weeks since Kris last talked to Yixing. He wasn't sure what to do anymore. All he could do was drink and vent his worries to Chanyeol, who in turn, kept on telling Kris that he should give Yixing more time. Is almost a month enough time? It should be more than enough...is it? Kris taught, slamming his fist on the stirring wheel.

When he finally got to his destination, he parked his car and got off. He quickly made his way to his parent's house, not even bothering to ring the door bell. "Mom, I'm here." Kris announced. "Kris, finally!" exclaimed Mrs. Wu. "Why did you call me suddenly?" Kris asked, curious as to why his mother suddenly called him. "Well I-" Mrs. Wu was about to explain, but was cut off by Tao's screaming. 

"Daddy!" Tao screamed as he ran and jumped into Kris for a hug. "I missed you daddy!" Tao said. "I missed you to Taozi!" Kris replied, hugging his son again after almost a month of no contact. 

If Tao is here, then that must mean Yixing is here. Kris thought. "Taozi, is your papa here with you?" Kris asked. "Yixing isn't here. I asked him to join us, but he said he had somewhere to go." explained Mrs. Wu.

"Yeah, papa said that he was going to go visit Kyungsoo's house. I wanted to go too but papa said that grandma and granpa wanted to spend time with me, so I'm here." cheered Tao. "Do you know where Kyungsoo's house is?" Kris asked. Tao scrunched up his face in concentration. "No, but it's really far." Tao said. 

Far. The one word that haunted Kris' mind. He could not afford to have Yixing far from him again. He lost Yixing once, but he wasn't about to lose him again. Not now when he has finally found him. Not now when he finally knows is true feelings for Yixing.

"Sorry Mom, but I forgot some documents that needed to be signed by today, so I'm afraid I can't spend the day with you guys." said Kris. Kris looked at Tao, who was now pouting at the news of his dad leaving. "Hey, I'll be back before you know it, okay?" Kris said, pecking his son's cheek. "Okay." Tao nodded his head. Kris put down Tao, giving the boy one a pat on the head before dashing out into his car. 

Kris got into his car and sped off into the road. He got his cellphone out in hand, while the other handled the stirring wheel. He dialed his secretary's phone number and waited for her to answer. "Hello, sir. What can I do for you?" asked his secretary. "I need you to track down a cellphone number." said Kris.

I'm not losing you again, Xing. Kris thought as he sped off into the highway.

Yixing let out a deep breath before pressing the door bell. Not even ten seconds later, Yixing was enveloped in a bone-crushing hug. "Oh Yixing, we missed you!" exclaimed Minseok, finally letting go of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter