Christmas Is The Best When Spent With Family

Love Games & Consequences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing woke up earlier than usual. He walked towards the window and looked outside to see everything covered in white. No wonder he felt so cold during the night. He then walked towards Tao and found his son still deep in sleep. He leaned down and gave his son a quick peck on the forehead and went out the door. He went to the kitchen and made himself a warm cup of coffee. 

After he drank his coffee, he washed the mug and walked to the living room. Yixing sighed to himself, but then found that he could clean as he waited for Tao to wake up. And so, Yixing's morning was spent cleaning arranging the house, readying it for Christmas Eve dinner. 

Tao finally woke up, rubbing his eyes as he made his way to the kitchen where he found his papa covering the table with a fresh white cloth. "Papa, what are you doing?" Tao asked, yawning the sleep away. "I'm just setting the table for Christmas Eve baby. What do you want for breakfast?" asked Yixing. "Can I have hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows in it, and pancakes with bananas and strawberries?" said Tao. "Woah, that's quite a lot for breakfast, are you sure you can finish all of it?" asked Yixing, amused  at his son. "Of course! I have to eat a lot so that I can stay awake at night so that I can see Santa and get my present from him. Baekhyun told me that Santa comes really late at night when all the kids are asleep, but I want to see Santa so I have to stay awake. Can I sleep late tonight, papa? Please?" Tao pleaded with a pouty face and puppy dog eyes. 

Yixing laughed at Tao's adorableness and lifted the toddler to set him in his chair. "Okay, but only for tonight, alright?" Yixing said. "Yay!" Tao cheered. Tao went on to eat his breakfast as Yixing finished cleaning and setting everything up for tonights dinner. 

"Taozi, after you eat, can you wash up so that we could go to the mall? Papa forgot to buy some ingredients for tonight's dinner." told Yixing. "Okay, I'm almost done, papa." Tao said as he chomped on his last piece of pancake and drank the rest of his hot chocolate. 

The mall was packed full of people. Parents rushing to get some last minute shopping, couples walking hand in hand together as they shopped for couple things. Yixing held Tao's hands tightly, not wanting to lose his son in the mall for the second time. 

They walked to the supermarket in the mall and Yixing quickly got what he needed. Yixing then took Tao to the toy's section of the mall. "Taozi because it's Christmas, you can choose whatever toy you want. But only one toy, okay?" Yixing told his son. "Really, papa? Yay! Thank you!" said Tao, leaning in to kiss Yixing in gratitude. Tao ran around the toy section, looking and inspecting each and every toy, trying to pick which toy was the best. Yixing smiled as he looked on fondly. 

For the first time in the five years of his son's existence he was able to afford to buy a toy for Tao. Back when they were in the rural country, Yixing struggled a lot. Whatever he earned working for Luhan in the convenience store, he gave back to Luhan and Minseok as payment for living with them for so long. The rest went to buying necessities for Tao. Now that he was able to work properly, although it was still tough to pay for the apartment and buy food with just his salary, he was able to save just a little to be able to buy Tao a Christmas present.

"Papa, this one!" exclaimed Tao who was now holding a panda bear stuffed toy. "Okay, Taozi. Let's go over to the counter to pay for it." said Yixing as he grabbed Tao's hand.

They paid for all their purchases and headed home.

Yixing was now in the kitchen, finishing the last tidbits for the Christmas dinner. After a few minutes, Yixing called Tao in the kitchen, telling him that dinner was ready. Tao 

Tao came, carrying his brand new panda bear, and sat down on his usual seat. "Wow! There's so many food, papa! And there's chicken nuggets!" Tao cheered when he saw his most favourite food. 

The two started eating after saying a little prayer in thanks for the food. Yixing watched Tao as his son stuffed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter