Hope

Love Games & Consequences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***5 years later. Yixing and Kris are now 23 years-old.***

A crying five years-old Tao ran towards his papa right after he came back from kindergarten. Minseok and Kyungsoo came right after, with Kyungsoo sitting beside Tao to try and console his friend. "Taozi, what's wrong?" Yixing asked as he set the snacks on the table for the toddlers to eat after their tiring day in school. "The kids were making fun of Tao again." told Kyungsoo in his cute little squeaky voice. "What? Why?" Yixing asked as he patted his crying son. Tao sniffed and looked at his papa with sad eyes. "The kids told me that I don't have a daddy. I told them I did and then they asked where, and I couldn't tell them where he was, and then they laughed at me!" Tao said as he bursted in tears again. Yixing hugged his son tightly, trying to soothe his son's tears. "Papa, I have a daddy right? The other kids have two, Kyungsoo has Minseok-ahjussi and Luhan-ahjussi, but how come I only have you? Do I have a daddy?" Tao looked at Yixing with hopeful eyes. "Of course you do." Yixing told his son. "Where is he, papa?" Tao asked again, tears changing to curiousity as he waited for his papa's answer. "You're daddy is really busy, he is in a very far place, working really hard for you." Yixing lied, not really knowing what to tell his son. "When can I meet him, papa?" Tao asked, getting his hopes up. "You'll meet him soon, I promise. If you be a good boy and wait patiently, then you will meet your daddy really soon." Yixing lied again, guilt eating him as he saw his son smile at the thought of finally meeting his dad. Tao wiped his tears and grabbed a cookie from the table. "Okay! I'll be a good boy, papa. I want to meet daddy soon, so I'll be super duper good." Tao cheered, clanking his glass of milk with Kyungsoo's glass. 

The two toddlers were now both asleep in Kyungsoo's room after snacking and watching their favourite show to watch after school. Yixing made his way out of the room after tucking in both of the kids. Minseok was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in his hand. Yixing sat down and grabbed his own cup, feeling the warmess seep out from the cup to his palms. "Yixing, you should just tell Tao the truth. It's better to tell him earlier than later when he is older." Minseok said looking at Yixing with serious eyes. "I know, but I just can't. I can't break his heart." Yixing said, guilt taking over him. "Then stop giving him hope Yixing, or you are just going to end up hurting your son." Minseok told Yixing knowingly. Yixing sighed at Minseok's words. He knew that the older was right and that lying to his son would do him no good, but he didn't know how to explain it to Tao without making the toddler cry. 

"Remember what I told you when you were stil pregnant with Tao?" Minseok asked. Yixing nodded his head and sighed again. "Well, are you ready now? Are you okay enough to finally go see him again?" Minseok added. "To tell you the truth, all these years, I've told myself that I am ready, that I'm alright now. But everytime I think back to that question, I suddenly loose confidence and all the bad memories come back again. I don't know what to do anymore." Yixing confessed. "Yixing, I know I'm not at the place to say this because I don't know what you are going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter