A Warm Cup of Coffee for Jealous Hearts

Love Games & Consequences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was in his office, smiling to himself as he worked on a report due by the end of the day. He recalls the events from the early morning, and his smile grew wider at the memory of his son and Yixing. He has been picking them up and dropping Tao off at his school every morning for the past three months. And for every single day of those three months, he has been asking Yixing if he could drop him off to work at the supermarket inside the mall. Yixing would most of the time decline his offer, but there were times when the shorter male would agree and silently get back in the car to be dropped off.

During those drives, Kris would try to make conversation, try to get Yixing to look at him and smile. But Yixing was adamant on keeping his silence, and no matter what Kris did, the shorter male would refuse to look at him and ignore him by looking at anywhere else other than Kris.

Kris' thoughts were interrupted by a light knock on his office door. "Come in." Kris said. His secretary came in holding a clipboard containing his schedule for the day. "Sir, your father wants to talk to you before your next meeting. He is expecting you in his office in five minutes." his secretary informed. "Okay, thank you. You may go." Kris said standing up to head to his father's office. 

Kris knocked on the door before hearing his father's permission for him to go inside. "Take a seat son." Mr. Wu told Kris. "Why did you call me up dad?" Kris asked, confused as to why his father had suddenly called for him. "Well, I just wanted to see how you were doing." "I"m doing fine, now can I go?" Kris said hurriedly. "Kris, sit down. Your mother and I talked last night. We were discussing whether we should set you up." Mr. Wu said calmly. "What!?" said a stunned Kris. "It's been quite some time after we last talked about this very same topic, and yet you still don't have partner. Unless you do have one and you are just not telling us." said Mr. Wu.

Kris thougth back to Yixing and Tao. He has not told his parents about them. He has been wanting to tell his parents, but he didn't think that it was the right time considering that Yixing was still giving him the silent treatment. He contemplated on whether or not to go ahead and tell his father about Yixing and Tao. 

"Well, son? Are you okay with your mother setting you up on a blind date?" Mr. Wu asked. "No. I do have someone." Kris blurted. "What? Who?" said his father who was immediately happy. "My boyfriend from high school, we just recently got back together." Kris lied, but then thought that it was not that far from the truth. He will get Yixing back. "Also, we have a son. His name is Tao and he is five years-old." Kris informed his dad. "A son? And you didn't care to tell us about this." Mr. Wu asked. "We just recently got together, and it wasn't until then that I found out that I had a son." Kris told. 

"I want to meet them, and I'm sure your mother will be more than happy to see her grandson. Invite them over to the house for Christmas dinner." Mr. Wu said. "You're not angry with me?" Kris asked, surprised that his father was taking the news a lot lighter than what he had expected. "I am a little bit disappointed that you didn't tell us sooner, but how could I be angry knowing that I have a grandson? I want to meet them soon, so make sure to invite them over." Mr. Wu told. "Alright, I will let them know." Kris said as he stood up to take his exit. He went back to his office and sat down. "." Kris mumbled to himself. How was he going to convince Yixing to meet his parents? 

"Here you go." Yixing said as he laid down the tray full of food on the table. "Yay! Chicken nuggets! Thank you papa!" Tao cheered as he chomped down on his meal. "Thank you Mr. Zhang!" Baekhyun beamed a smile at Yixing. "You're very welcome, Baekhyun." Yixing smiled as he watched his son and his friend eat happily. 

"I could've paid for the food." Suho sighed at Yixing. "No, you already paid for the movie tickets, I think that's enough." Yixing replied. "Fine." Suho smiled at the latter.

When Suho asked Yixing out on a date, he was hesitant beacause he wasn't ready to start another relationship. Another reason was that he had only known Suho for three months, but he knew that from the moment he met Suho that he was a genuine and kind man. And so, when Suho asked him out, he was shocked and immediately rejected the other without even thinking about the topic any further. Suho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter