Opened Wounds

Love Games & Consequences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing stood there frozen. He didn't know what to do. How could this have happened? It was too early for them to meet. He was not ready yet. Yixing mustered up all of his courage and looked at the man in front of him. He managed a faint smile. "Th-thank you for finding my son." Yixing said before carrying Tao and walking out of the security office.

"No papa! I want to spend more time with daddy." Tao whined as he struggled to get out of Yixing's hold. But Yixing held his son tight and walked faster, trying to get out of the mall as fast as he could. "Daddy, papa let's go see daddy!" Tao whined louder.

Kris, on the other hand, was still in the security office, too stunned to move. Just what in the world did Yixing say? Th-thank you for finding my son. Son? He has a son. Tao has been calling me daddy all day. Could that possibly mean...no...could it? Kris thought, face contorted in confusion. He then realized that Yixing had walked out and hurriedly chased after them. He has spent 5 years looking for Yixing, and now that the latter had finally shown up back in his life, he wasn't going to let go so easily. 

"Yixing! Wait up! Hold on a second!" Kris shouted. "Daddy!" Tao screamed back as he saw his daddy chase them. Yixing only walked faster, putting all his effort into escaping. But his efforts were put to waste when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Yixing...hold on..." Kris said, huffing from the chase. Yixing remained still, overwhelmed at Kris' touch. 

Tao finally got out from his papa's hold and ran towards his daddy, hugging the tall man's legs. "Papa, I want to spend more time with daddy. Can we please stay a little longer, please." Tao begged Yixing. "Yixing...please.." Kris added. Yixing couldn't look up at the man's face and just nodded his head as a response. He had no choice. Tao wanted to spend some time with Kris and he was stuck there whether he wanted to or not.

Kris was truly enjoying his time with Tao. He was still unclear about what situation he was in exactly, but he just couldn't resist the adorableness of his son. It feels weird to even think about it, but he didn't hate the sound of him being a father. In fact, he quite liked it. To have a family, him being the father, Yixing being the papa, and Tao being their cute little son. The more Kris thought about, the more he found the image to be endearing. But there was one problem. Yixing. Throughout the day, Yixing had been quite, only talking when Tao asked him something, but even then it was answered with a silent "yes" or just a nod. Kris could tell that Yixing was very uncomfortable with the situation. He tried to loosen up the tension by smiling at Yixing, but the latter would just put down his head to avoid making any contact whatsoever.

Kris couldn't blame Yixing for being uncomfortable. He did hurt and humiliate Yixing in front of the entire school, but he thought that 5 years of not seeing each other would have made Yixing forget his actions that he so miserably regrets. But if he was in Yixing's position, he knows that he too, would act the same way to the person who played him for the entire school's entertainment.

They were now inside Kris' car, Tao on his new car seat that Kris bought, fast asleep at the back seat. Kris had offered the two a ride home, telling Yixing that it was already dark and raining heavily outside. Yixing hesitated but when Kris said that Tao might get sick due to the rain, Yixing immediately changed his mind and, although forced, took the offer of getting a ride back home. Kris smiled at Yixing's love for Tao. He would truly do anything for the safety and happiness of his son. Their son.

"It's been a long time..." Kris said, trying to make conversation because he couldn't stand the awkwardness anymore. Yixing who was sitting beside him in the front passenger seat, said not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter