Yoonmin10 | The S Club: First Class

Tomboy Review Shop Batch 2
REVIEW PICK UP
FLDf1U4.jpg
 
Date

Story Title: THE S CLUB: FIRST CLASS
Reviewer: Lovebisous
Author: Yoonmin10


Mind Over Matter - main story image

FIRST IMPRESSION

How effective was the title?

The 'S' Club? It makes me think of the S line on a person's body (no offense). But, if I were to rate it on originality, I'd give you a 10/10. Although, it didn't appeal to me that much, it was still pretty interesting, so I would click on the link if I were to come upon it.  

Poster and BG layout? (Only if you have one. If you don't have one, you will not be assessed on it)

One word: FANCY. Dang! The font and the EXO members look so fancy! I love it! It was very nice and professional. You must've went to a very nice graphic designer. Kudos to the designer! I also like how the background was the yearbook from XOXO, it fits perfectly to the school theme you were going for! 

Foreword and description: Did it draw me into wanting to read more?

 The foreword was an okay for me. It drew me in only a little bit. I was half interested, and half not. At first I was like 'what secret organization?!' So, thanks for that cliffhanger!

 

STORY

How was the plot laid out?

The exposition was great. You introduced Luhan and why he had to go to school and not be homeschooled anymore. All the facts were perfectly leading up the the . So great Jon on the plot! 

How was the pacing of the story? Was it draggy or was it rushed through? 

 The pace was a little rushed for me. It suddenly went from his mother arranging his transfer papers to a week before school started. And then to the night before school started. I think you should slow down and put more details like shopping for school clothes or school supplies.

Was the characterization consistent?

 It's so-so. It keeps reminding us that BaekHyun was a little arrogant and angry all the time. Same to all the others too. So, characterization wasn't consistent, but we still get reminded time to time.

Was the story flow fluent? Was it choppy or was it smooth?

Like I had said before, the flow was a bit rushed. It wasn't too fast, or to slow. but it was still rushed. I keep seeing 'week' in one paragraph and 'day before' in the next.

How did you organize your events? Was it in order or was it all over the place?

It was perfectly in order. For example, Chanyeol gave Luhana mysterious thing and Chen, asked whayt it was the next day, instead of Chen asking and the readers having to read a flashback after. So, the organization was on fleek, like people say nowadays.

 

How effective was the ending of each chapter? Did it leave me wanting to read more?

It does leaving me wanting to read more. You let us know a little bit, but you don't reveal too much. It makes me want to read more!!!
 

MECHANICS

Grammar and Spelling?

The spelling was very on point. I don't know if English is your first language or not, but this makes it seem like it is! The grammar was excellent also, the commas and periods were in the right place.

Use of Transition Words? (It helps with the flow from paragraph to paragraph so it doesn't seem choppy)

I didn't see a lot transiton words. So how do I know if it's the next or the next hour? I didn't see a lot of 'the next day' or 'then he' in the chapters.

How did I like it overall? Further Comments?

8/10 if I were to rate it on a scale of 1-10. It's very interesting, very action packed like the author promised. I personally don't like a lot of action books or movies, so your wirting must be very good for me to enjoy it. I love the story and the Halloween special also. I hope you'll continue to create wonderful stories just like THE S CLUB: FIRST CLASS. I simply cannot wait to read the next chapter. I am also sorry for this VERY late review. School is killing me slowly and i had to take a math exam that I'm supposed to two years later from now. 

Thank you for choosing this review shop. we hope you'll comeback again! 

 

 

REMINDER: Do not forget to credit the shop with our banner and the reviewer in your foreword if you are using our review.