KrystalHana | Escape

Tomboy Review Shop Batch 2
REVIEW PICK UP
FLDf1U4.jpg
 
June 17, 2014

Story Title: Escape
Reviewer: anthroalex12
Author: KrystalHana


Mind Over Matter - main story image

FIRST IMPRESSION

How effective was the title?

Escape. It's a nice, short and sweet-type of title. It is very nice and mysterious. Not too unique, but it catches one's attention, especially for mystery-fiction lovers.

Poster and BG layout? (Only if you have one. If you don't have one, you will not be assessed on it)

The poster is OK. It isn't too attractive in its genre. It's good in the sense that it is dark, but it seems a bit too simple. It is a good shade of dark and that is what makes it fit the genre a bit more.

Foreword and description: Did it draw me into wanting to read more?

Definitely inriguing and it did draw me in. I immediately started reading because of the description. Awesome!

 

STORY

How was the plot laid out?

I found it very impressive how this plot was laid out. It had everything and did not need to be too descriptive. The story had a great plot that had a story of itself. Amazing and a plot of true admiration. I love all the scientific information you added along with how it all correlated with their abilities. Impressive.

How was the pacing of the story? Was it draggy or was it rushed through? 

The pacing matched the plot of the story, fast-paced and intriguing. I did not feel it was rushed through or dragged on. Done well with a pacing that others should follow.

Was the characterization consistent?

The chracterization was definitely consistent and the growth of each character as they went through training to escape was amazing. You could definitely pinpoint which character was whom when it came right down to it.

Was the story flow fluent? Was it choppy or was it smooth?

The story flow was definitely one of the best parts besides the plot. Nothing choppy, but definitely smooth and easy to follow.

How did you organize your events? Was it in order or was it all over the place?

Excellent job organizing your thoughts and ideas on this story. I love how it was in order with its momentary flashbacks to better understand what was going on. Great!

 

How effective was the ending of each chapter? Did it leave me wanting to read more?

Definitely effective. I NEEDED to know more. I loved it. The ending of the whole story had me....I don't even know how to describe the feeling. All I know was that I read the ending of the story about 5 times to make sure I didn't read incorrectly. I was like "NO!!! Luhan..." I won't say the rest because people might want to read it. Anyways, it was all amazing, but I felt like the ending itself was a cliffhanger.
 

MECHANICS

Grammar and Spelling?

For the most part everything was correct. I spotted a few errors

1. "...I should've teleported you back to Jupiter when I HAVE the chance..."

Because of the "I should've" the "have" should not be there, it should be "HAD." There a few more, but they are small, so no worries unless you wish to correct them.

Use of Transition Words? (It helps with the flow from paragraph to paragraph so it doesn't seem choppy)

Totally fine.

How did I like it overall? Further Comments?

I loved it and I enjoyed reading it soooooo much. I loved the plot, story, ending, characters, and the genre! Thanks so much and great job. I do redos!

 

REMINDER: Do not forget to credit the shop with our banner and the reviewer in your foreword if you are using our review.