colorfulsky | Pull Me Under

Tomboy Review Shop Batch 2
REVIEW PICK UP
FLDf1U4.jpg
 
Date

Story Title: Pull Me Under
Reviewer: Lovebisous
Author: colorfulsky


Mind Over Matter - main story image

FIRST IMPRESSION

How effective was the title?

It was simple and draws attention. But if I had came across this when I was looking for fanfics, I would click it, because of the originality of the title. 

Poster and BG layout? (Only if you have one. If you don't have one, you will not be assessed on it)

the poster was really awesome. It wasn't something random it had meaning. The girl was 'underwater', she was drowning, just like her brother. And then Sehun came into play.

Foreword and description: Did it draw me into wanting to read more?

Yes. It did. I loved it very much. I was very looking forward to read it.

 

STORY

How was the plot laid out?

It was very organized in my perspective. It started with a flashback and goes to the present. It doesn't bounce back and forth between time.

How was the pacing of the story? Was it draggy or was it rushed through? 

It was at a normal pace. It had details that don't make you wonder and makes it easier to imagine. The pace was slow and easy. Which makes it not too rushed. 

Was the characterization consistent?

Well, I couldn't understand the characters. I knew that the girl character was a little stubborn and cared a lot about her brother. Sehun is a Royal again and I could never find stories with Sehun as a caring character, so this story was good.

Was the story flow fluent? Was it choppy or was it smooth?

It was smooth. No event left out. It had amazing details too.

How did you organize your events? Was it in order or was it all over the place?

It was very organized. It was all in place and time. 

 

How effective was the ending of each chapter? Did it leave me wanting to read more?

Since it was an oneshot I can't explain that, but the ending was very effective I wanted to know more. Like the ending if she and Sehun meet again. Or what happened to her brother after he woke up.

 

MECHANICS

Grammar and Spelling?

I saw a few mistakes, but they were like hard words. I think you should look up the word you don't know how to speed before you write it or right click and see the spell check.

Use of Transition Words? (It helps with the flow from paragraph to paragraph so it doesn't seem choppy)

You didn't use any transition words, but I got the idea when you put words like: 'One hour earlier' or 'Three Years later'.

How did I like it overall? Further Comments?

Well, Sehun isn't my bias, but this made him move up. I really liked the idea. I wanted to know more about what happened. I asked questions like 'Does Sehun and Nameless meet again?' 'What happens to Jong Up after he wakes up?' Those questions are what you need to make a good story. And I really loved it. 

 

 

 

REMINDER: Do not forget to credit the shop with our banner and the reviewer in your foreword if you are using our review.