Acceptance | DobuOnew

Tomboy Review Shop Batch 2
REVIEW PICK UP
FLDf1U4.jpg
 
August 16, 2014

Story Title: Acceptance
Reviewer: anthroalex12
Author: DobuOnew


Acceptanceposter_zpsd553a185.png

FIRST IMPRESSION

How effective was the title?

It made feel like it would be a story about an outsider who falls in love. It didn't my attention at first because it seemed too simple, but that's at first. Soon after thinking about it, the title slightly misleads you to a pretty intense oneshot.

Poster and BG layout? (Only if you have one. If you don't have one, you will not be assessed on it)

The poster is very interesting. It doesn't completely match the angsty or intense feeling of dread that comes with the story, but it's not a bad poster.

Foreword and description: Did it draw me into wanting to read more?

The description is just the definition, but it didn't really seem that interesting. If it had a bit of detail of the story, then it could attract more readers.

STORY

How was the plot laid out?

The plot was very interesting, especially with the background of the main protagonist.

How was the pacing of the story? Was it draggy or was it rushed through? 

The pacing was perfect for a oneshot, not too long nor too short. It was not ruined because of the pacing.

Was the characterization consistent?

The chracterization was consistent with how the characters had the same feelings throughout the story and were not the same as each other.

Was the story flow fluent? Was it choppy or was it smooth?

The story flow was nice and smooth. It had its beginning, middle and end.

How did you organize your events? Was it in order or was it all over the place?

I think the organization seemed alright. I wish it had a bit more background in the beginning because for a character to contemplate suicide, even after so many years, seems questionable. It makes the reader question, and in a situation like this, the reader wants it to be as close to reality as it can.

 

MECHANICS

Grammar and Spelling?

For the most part everything was correct. I didn't spot any errors, if you want me to look again, just ask below.

Use of Transition Words? (It helps with the flow from paragraph to paragraph so it doesn't seem choppy)

Totally fine.

How did I like it overall? Further Comments?

I liked it. Not my favorite because it's about suicide, but it's better than alot about suicide. It had a twist because I thought Luna would have convinced him. Well, if you want a redo, just ask when I am available.

 

REMINDER: Do not forget to credit the shop with our banner and the reviewer in your foreword if you are using our review.