Flat

Sempiternal

Flat

 

It's been three weeks since Go Minyu left the house and it hasn't been the same. It's even different from when she left to Africa because back then we all knew she would come back. This time we all know she won't, and Taekyung is not even trying to fix things. I know it's all in his hands, but damn his pride.

I go to see her every day, even if it's for five minutes. I'm always worried about how she's doing. She left so heartbroken that I'm scared she's still hurting. I know three weeks is not enough time for her wounds to heal, but maybe it's the beginning.

If I haven't forgotten about her, I wonder if she can do that about Taekyung.

And because I'm so concerned about her, I can't even think about the fact that she is single now. Taekyung isn't part of the equation anymore and it doesn't seem like he'll do something to be back in. This could be my chance. But I can't be that low, I can't take advantage of her misery. She's in pain, I can only comfort her, not make a move.

I wouldn't mind being a replacement for Taekyung, I wouldn't mind if she uses me to forget about him as long as she gives me a chance, but it has to be her decision. I won't do anything while she's hurting.

Aside from that, Jeremy, Minam and I have been looking for a nice place for her. We've found some and although we would like to give her the best, we know she won't accept it and she won't feel comfortable in it. We look for the place she would like, not the one we want for her. It's hard not to cross that line.

We've found some places but it's only today when we are sure this is it. It's a nice flat, not too far from the studio or the orphanage. It's private and modest, it's also comfortable and it has an amazing view. I'm sure she'll like that at night.

We spend the whole day signing papers and other things related to the purchase of the flat. It's almost twilight when we are given the keys and all the papers that say the flat has an owner. For now it's at my name, but later we'll change that and Minyu will be the owner.

"We should go for Minyu-nuna now," Jeremy proposes excited. "She'll be so happy that she finally has a place."

"I'm meeting her for dinner, maybe we can surprise her," I suggest heading to my car. We continue the conversation once we are inside.

"Yes, that's a good idea!" Jeremy chirps but Minam shakes his head.

"No, I think only Shinwoo-hyung should tell her and surprise her. He's the one who's done most to find this place and to help her," Minam says and my eyes widen in shock. "Besides, it's your dinner plans with her. We don't wanna intrude," he says with a knowing smile.

Does he know about my feelings for his sister?

"But I wanna see her face, too," Jeremy pouts and Minam pats his shoulder.

"We'll help her move in and just so you don't feel sad, I'll treat you dinner," Minam offers and Jeremy's face lights up at the mention of free dinner. I just chuckle.

So it's settled, I'll give Minyu the surprise tonight and I'll even take her to her new place. I hope she likes it. I grow more nervous by the minute and when I pick her up I'm shaking, but I try to hide it.

It's not a fancy dinner or anything, we just go out to eat because that's the only way we can find time to spend together. I'm still very busy working on the new album and it's not like I can go visit her at the convent at night and have dinner with her. Since she left the house we've started a tradition to try all the restaurants in the area. We go every time to a different one, even if it's just a different McDonalds. I gave her a tourist map the day after we decided to do this and she marks all the places we've been so far. I imagine that now in her new room she'll hang that map. I really want to see it.

Tonight we are eating Chinese, but it's not so good and we laugh when we comment this. Still, in her company, it's a great dinner and I'm feeling calmer when we finish eating.

"I have a surprise for you," I tell her and she tilts her head in that adorable way. "You have to come with me, okay? And no questions until we get there."

She laughs before nodding. "Okay. You won't scare me, will you?"

"Of course no, it's a nice surprise," I promise.

Next thing we are in my car again, driving to what will be her new home. I'm nervous again so I keep a casual conversation to distract me. I ask her about her studies and if she's having a hard time with a topic. I keep the conversation around her so she doesn't pay much attention to where I'm taking her. She only acts curious when we are in the lift. She realises we are in a residential building, which confuses her, but she still doesn't say anything and smiles nervously when I lead her to the flat. I open the door without saying a word and motion for her to enter.

"Wow," is the first thing she says. It's dark already and I knew it, the view is amazing. She runs to the window to appreciate the Seoul's night view. "This is so beautiful, Oppa! Where exactly are we?" she then turns around to look at me.

"Well," I start walking towards her. "We are in your flat," I finish and she only blinks, her expression blank.

"What?"

I laugh then and stop when I finally reach her. I stick out my hand with the keys hanging for her to grab them.

"This is your new flat, Minyu-yah. It's our present for you. Minam's, Jeremy's and mine. And don't even think of rejecting it. We already bought it so it's yours," I state but she doesn't react so I grab her hand and put the keys there.

"I-I-I-I can't," she protests but I shake my head, refusing to hear that.

"Yes you can and you will. Why won't you let us do this for you? We said we would help you, didn't we? We just want you to be in a good place so you can start your own life," I argue and now her face is showing emotion and she looks overwhelmed.

"This is... This is too much," she stutters and I chuckle, my hand reaches out for her head and I ruffle her hair in that way I love to do.

"It's not, but tell me, do you like it? Because if you don't then--"

"I do, I love it!" she cuts me off and next she bursts into a fit of giggles. "I love it. This place is beautiful." She spins around taking in her surroundings and the echo of her giggles is the most adorable thing I've heard.

She stops and faces me again, her smile wide and precious. "Thank you, Oppa. I'll take care of it and I'll pay you all back," she promises and I shake my head, taking a step closer to her.

"Just be safe here and do your best. That's all what we want you to do in return," I ask her and she nods obediently.

"I will," she states solemnly and then she's giggling again.

I can't stop smiling and I don't even realise when I step even closer and cup her face to leave a light kiss on her forehead. When I pull back her expression is shocked and her giggles have died. And then her hand shoots up to her face and now she's pressing her nose like she did in the Ferris wheel.

"Minyu-yah? What's going on? Why do you do that?" I point at her now piggy nose.

"Because... Because... Because I it helps me to breathe better!" she exclaims and I chuckle before I ruffle her hair.

"Silly, that won't help. What you have to do is to stand straight, close your eyes and breathe deep. Do that many times and you'll even feel your heart beating become steadier," I offer and she lets go of her nose. "Come on, try it," I coax her and she giggles before she actually tries it.

She stands still in front of me and closes her eyes, her breathing slow and deep. I just look at her, so beautiful and innocent, so pure and soft, so warm and welcoming. So Minyu.

My heart aches because I love her so much. Since she came back I've only fallen deeper and when I see her like this, when it's just the two of us, I die to hug her, hold her tight and feel her mine. I just want her to love me back. Why is that so impossible? I wish I could kiss her and tell her how much I love her. What would she do? Would she push me away if she knew that I haven't got over her, that I love her even more than before, that I'm still a fool for her? She told me not to be one, but I can't help it.

I don't notice how I lean closer and closer until I'm a centimetre apart from her face, my nose almost brushing hers.

She takes another deep breath and I'm lost. My lips find hers before I'm conscious of what I'm doing and I can't stop myself.

It's a light and shy touch, hesitant and scared, but a kiss nonetheless.

Her eyes shoot wide open and I pull back in one fluid movement, putting a safe distance between us. She gapes at me and my heart has stopped.

Aigoo, what have I done?


*squeals* *squeals louder* *dies*

Bel, xx