Couple Quarrel

Sempiternal

Couple Quarrel

 

I try to leave because I don't want to take part in a couple quarrel, but I'm not granted with that.

"Oh no, you're going nowhere, Kang Shinwoo. You're as part of this as she is," he says and next thing, I feel her grabbing my wrist, a scared and anxious move. She's seeking comfort so I stay by her side, just because of her.

"You always are with her. I look away five minutes and you're running to her, and of course she is waiting for you," he accuses and I clench my fists.

"Because you never have time for her. You always put her second, third or even fourth!" I fight back and I feel her grip tightening. "You should be the one running towards her."

"And because I'm not, you can't miss the opportunity, right? You're so sly," he spats and I'm about to say something back when Minyu tugs my arm to stop me.

"He or I have done nothing wrong, Hyung-nim. You never want to spend time with me when I ask you because you're always working and I don't want to cause you any more trouble. I know how much you hate that. I also spend time with Jeremy and Oppa because they want to and because we are friends. That's not something bad," she defends herself never letting go of my wrist. "But you push us all away."

"You should push back. Don't you see I want you to do that?" he snaps with that deep frown of his. I roll my eyes. Why does he have to do things in the more inconvenient way?

"Then you should be more clear about it! I can't guess what you want me to do. I'm not good at that," I nod in agreement. "If you want me to chase you then you should tell me. I can't always know what you want me to do, Taekyung-ssi," she says and not only my eyes widen in surprise, his also show his shock by the way she's addressed him. "And even if you want me to chase you and only you, I can't do that because I have my life, too. I'm not part of the band anymore, I don't need you to keep my secret. I can have friends and spend time with them without you getting mad because of it."

She's grown so much and I couldn't be more proud for what she’s doing right now.

"Go Minyu-ssi," he speaks in that patronising tone that gets on my nerves. "I'm your brightest star, you said it. Why are you turning away from me now?"

"The sky is full of stars!" she shoots back letting go of my wrist to stand up. "Some are bigger, some are brighter and some are closer. It's all a matter of perspective."

"W-what are you trying to say?" he asks, his voice sounds small for the first time. I'm asking the same question in my mind.

"That not because you are my star it means I can't appreciate the others. Even if you outshine them, they are still there. And during the day you're not that bright!"

He doesn't say anything and I'm holding my breath. I didn't know Minyu had that in her but it makes me happy, it makes me so happy that she can stand for herself now, that she can get angry and fight back. She's shining brighter than ever.

Taekyung spins around and storms out, leaving us alone. Minyu drops next to me, completely deflated after their argument. I don't know exactly what to do, if to give her a hug, pat her shoulder or ruffle her hair. What am I supposed to do now?

"Oppa," she calls.

"Yes?" I say hurriedly, desperate to help in any way I can.

"Can we go to the amusement park tomorrow?" asks Minyu and I blink in surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting that and it takes me a few seconds to process the information.

"O-of course! I'll ask Jeremy and Minam immediately. We have a day off tomorrow so it shouldn't be a problem. And we'll ask Taekyung tomorrow if that's what you want," I offer even if going with him is the last thing I want. For her I can do anything.

Minyu nods and sighs heavily. I just stay by her side, in silence, until she speaks again to tell me we should go inside. I feel bad because I couldn't offer a single word of comfort when she needed it. I feel guilty about it, because if I hadn't been there, they wouldn't have fought. Nevertheless, eventually they would've had that fight either way so I try to tell myself it's not my fault, I'm just a factor.

I walk her to her room and before she leaves I hurry to say, "for the record, I think you did the right thing, Minyu-yah. I'm on your side."

She smiles gratefully. "Thank you, Oppa. Good night, I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod and then she opens the door and disappears inside. After that, I go to tell Jeremy and Minam about our plans for tomorrow and they agree without a second thought. I wonder if Taekyung will join us tomorrow. A part of me doesn't want him to because I want to have fun, but I know she needs to settle things with him.

The next morning I'm the first to wake up and make sure to prepare breakfast for everyone. Minyu is the second and she smiles happily when she sees what I'm doing. "How are you feeling?" I ask and her smile quivers a bit.

"Better after a night of sleep. I'll be even better after today. I'm really excited!" she beams and right on cue two other figures joins us.

"Amusement park, yeah!" they sing together making Minyu and I laugh.

We have breakfast together, talking about all the rides we want to go in and how long has it been since we last went to a one. In all that time, Taekyung doesn't join us. When we are about to depart she goes upstairs to invite him. We just hear the screams.

"Why would I join you? Go with your friends," he spats the words and we three look at each other awkwardly.

"Why do you have to act like this?! We just wanna have fun together, you included."

"Well, don't include me next time. I'm not interested. I have work to do."

"Fine!"

"Fine!" he shouts back and next we hear her stomping down.

"Let's go," she tells us and we all feel a bit awkward, but none dares to say something about it.

She doesn't wait for a reply, she just leaves us behind and head to the car. I'm the first to react and follow her. I don't know how to feel about this, but I know that I have to do something to cheer her up. That's my goal for today.


So... are you liking how things are developing? Let me know your thoughts! 

Bel, xx