Fool

Sempiternal

Fool

 

I take her to her room, although carry would be more accurate to describe what I do. I've never seen Minyu like this and it's the most heart-breaking thing I've seen and experienced. Not even when she rejected me I felt this pain inside. I can't bear seeing her like this, so I do what I can to help her.

Once in her room I help her pack all her belongings. She'll leave tomorrow first thing in the morning. I wish she would stay a bit longer, at least until she finds a place, but I also understands why she wants to leave as soon as possible.

I keep packing even when I urge her to take a shower to relax and by the time she's back I'm all done. She looks half-dead and I don't know what else to do. I don't want to leave her when she's feeling like this, but it's not my place to stay with her.

"Oppa," she calls as she crawls inside her bed. "Will you stay a bit longer? I know you're tired and I'm being selfish but I--"

"I'll stay," I cut her off. "I'll tell you a bedtime story or even sing you a lullaby if that's what you need. We are close, aren't we?"

She smiles weakly and I walk towards her bed and sit by her side. She snuggles next to me, like a lost puppy and I sigh. I pat her head, my fingers running through her silky hair and my heart feels so heavy.

I start singing a song, the first song that comes to my mind, which is the first song I wrote for her. A Song for Fools. She cries quietly, but I still feel her and the pain I feel in my own chest is reflected in my voice. And after that song I sing another, and another. All songs I've written for her even if she doesn't know.

I know she doesn't want my love, she doesn't even need it, but I still wish it can soothe her and offer her the comfort she needs right now.

At some point in the night she falls asleep and so do I. I just wake up the next morning with her by my side. She's still sleeping but her cheeks are still wet. I pray that this is the only time I see her like this.

I shake her softly because it's time to get up and she groans. I insist until she wakes up and looks at me with confused eyes. I guess she doesn't remember what happened last night, but then the memory hits her and her eyes are sorrowful again. I sigh.

"It's time to get up. I'll make breakfast, okay?" I offer and she nods.

I ruffle her hair in the way I always do, hoping that would cheer her up even a little bit. She smiles weakly, but it's a smile nonetheless. So I leave her room and head to the kitchen to prepare something for eat, but before I stop in my room to clean up and change my clothes. I'm too worried about Minyu as to care about my own aspect.

I'm barely finishing when she's back and soon after her the other members of the band walk in, all except Taekyung, thankfully.

"Why the long faces?" Minam asks and Minyu looks away. "What's wrong?"

"Yeah, what's wrong, Minyu-nuna?" Jeremy asks and I look at Minyu, wondering how to handle this situation.

"I'm moving out," she blurts out and they gape at her. "I think it's time I get my own place so I'm leaving."

"When?" Minam asks concerned while Jeremy pouts and whines. He doesn't want his nuna to leave.

"Today," she says and even Jeremy stops.

"Why? Do you already have a place? Why didn't you tell me before? Why the rush?" Minam attacks with question after question and I know she can't answer them right now. I grab Minam's shoulder, begging him to understand.

It's then when I see him being a brother and really knowing his sister because he looks at her, he really does and he knows what's wrong. He knows it right then. I see it in the way he tenses, in the way his fists clench and his eyes fills with rage.

"If it's your decision, then I support you," he says and Jeremy gasps, betrayed. "We'll help you, won't we?" he then says looking at Jeremy and me. I nod with a smile.

"But...but... Oh fine. But I'll visit you all the time," Jeremy whines and Minyu smiles honestly this time.

"I'm counting on that," is her reply and seeing her like this relieves my heart a wee bit. I know she'll be fine, I just wish she would feel better now.

After breakfast we all leave together to drop Minyu to the convent. Jeremy understands that something went wrong with Taekyung when he doesn't even come out to say goodbye and Minyu doesn't even ask for him. Only then he offers his full support and stops whining, instead he's determined to make her laugh and I'm grateful for that.

I don't want to leave her alone today, but we have to go to the studio and work. I can't stay with her. Still, I promise her that I'll drop by tomorrow morning before work and give her a ride to have breakfast together. She accepts with a sad smile and then we leave. No one speaks in the car, we are too worried about her. When I park at the AN offices, Minam says, "we'll find her a good place as soon as possible. It'll be our present for her. We'll help her out."

"Yes," Jeremy and I agree immediately, no questions about it.

And we don't talk about it anymore and none of us want to even see Taekyung right now. Jeremy is always playful with him, but not even him wants to give him a smile and he acts as if he doesn't mind. He probably doesn't. I only talk to him when it’s strictly for business and I'm really thankful when we can head back. I want to go and see Minyu, but it's too late for visits now. I'll see her in the morning.

"Where's Go Minyu," Taekyung asks when we walk inside the house and it's all dark. Her absence hangs heavier than anything else.

"She left," I speak. "After you two broke up last night she said it was too painful. She left this morning and she's not coming back. Congratulations," I say, my voice dark with rage and resentment for what he's caused.

I've lost my appetite and I'm ready to go to my room when he speaks. "Are you happy now? You can finally have her," he says with venom in his words.

I turn around with anger burning inside of me, ready to push him against a wall and just beat the hell out of him. "If you think I could be happy when she's hurting, then you're a bigger jerk than I ever thought!" I shout and his expression darkens even more.

"So you're telling me you're not happy that she's free now? You've loved her this whole time, you don't have to hold back anymore," he accuses me and I look away, too infuriated with him.

"In one thing you're right: I've loved her all this time. I loved her when I found out her secret, which was before you even suspected something was wrong with her. I loved her when you were threatening her. I loved her when you bullied her. I loved her when you started to accept her. I loved her even more when you realised you liked her. I loved her when she realised she loved you. I loved her when she picked you. I loved her when she left. I loved her when she came back and I'll love her tomorrow, too. And it's because I love her that I could never hurt her the way you have hurt her. I could never be happy when she's crying herself to sleep. I would never treat her the way you do, because I love her!" I cry out pushing him with each word. "You don't even know how to love her and you lost her. You don't deserve her. She's too good for you!"

"And you're good for her?" he retorts, pushing back.

"Of course no! But I would do anything to be worthy of her. Would you do that? Just because she loves you, you take her for granted. You're an idiot."

I don't wait for a comeback, I just turn around and leave to my room. Angry and heartbroken because she's left and she won't be coming back and it's all because of him. Because that idiot who was lucky enough to receive her heart, just to break it afterwards.

I didn't think I could hate him, but right now I really do.


GO SHINWOO! You teach Taekyung! I hope you also liked this chapter :D

Bel, xx