Chapter 8

Kwon Yuri vs The World.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [Jessica's POV] 

Hi, my name is Jessica Jung Soo-Yeon. Yeah, I don't go by my real name because it makes me sound like an old woman. So, you know about my clique in school known as Girls' Generation, right? Good. 

I'm 20 this year and I'm going to be fashion designer, it's my dream. I know lots of things about my bunch of kids, I love them so much. Not forgetting my baby Soojung, of course.

Once again, I'm Jessica and this is my story. 

Flashback

" Only 85 marks? Why can't you do better? " I saw my mother take out a metal hanger from her closet and she bent it into a shape where it looked like a long pretzel.

My skinny body started to tremble slightly. To her, that was a weapon that could kill her. Jessica was always in so much pain after that thing hit any part of her. Whenever she was drunk or annoyed at anyone, she would take it out on her daughter. In other words, little Jessica was her punching bag.

" I'm s-sorry... " I stuttered as my small hands covered her face, I don't want her to see me cry. She would mock me for being weak and vulnerable. She did it in such a disgusting way. 

" Not another word! " She screamed and started to hit me. 

Jessica was only 7 at that time, she was only in Primary One. But she was expected to get full marks for every single test. To add up on that, she wasn't even pure Korean. 

She was beaten until her mother would get tired and eventually fall asleep, the little girl would then run to the playground a few blocks down the road. That was the drill. 

Until one day, someone else was there. 

Jessica was sobbing loudly as she felt the bruises and cuts she had on her arms and legs. She was in so much pain and it was unbearable. She was alone and continued to hug her knees to her chest until someone hung down from the tree.

" Hi! " 

The girl was hanging by her head downwards with her legs curled around the tree branch. Jessica looked confused at this sudden presence in front of her, no one had dared come near her because of the ugly bruises on her body.

" Hi? " She answered and looked at the girl with multiple mud spots on her face. She gestured the hanging monkey to come down before patting the space in front of her.

" I'm Kwon Yuwi, and you are? " 

Jessica wondered why she was talking this way, like she had some sort of issue saying certain words. She then realised that Yuri's two front teeth and one at the bottom was missing. She smiled and shook her head. 

" Jung Soo Yeon. " Yuri smiled and quickly brought the taller girl into a hug, she smiled happily and kissed Jessica's cheeks. It was her way of showing her love. 

" Shoo Yeon, why is your neck bweeding? " Yuri asked as she hurriedly wiped away the flowing blood from her neck. 

Jessica shook her head and realised that things were starting to spin, she couldn't make out Yuri's face clearly because there were doubles all around. 

" I'm f- THUMP! " Jessica fell onto Yuri's tiny body and at that time, Yuri was much shorter and smaller than the older girl. She couldn't do anything but prepare to scream as loud as she could. 

" UMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! " The tooth-less girl screamed her lungs out as her mother was seen running towards her with her story book flapping in her right hand. 

" What's wrong, Darling? " Mrs Kwon asked as she bent down beside her daughter. 

" Shoo Yeon fainted. Umma. " Yuri whined and looked at her mother pleadingly, it was only then that Mrs Kwon had realised the unconscious figure lying on her daughter's body. 

After saying that, Mrs Kwon immediately rushed Jessica to the hospital. Yuri was only 6, but she knew fairly well that Jessica could have died if she wasn't rushed to the hospital.

Jessica was okay and her wounds were cleaned, but it never erased the trauma she had gotten all these years. Her father was never around and even when he was, he was resting which was understood considering the time he spent working.

And the moment she reached the legal age to move out which was 18, she stopped going by the name Soo-Yeon and went by Jessica to change her identity. She hoped that it would at least get rid of some bad memories, and it did. 

Yuri had offered her a place at first, but she later declined and found a cheaper place to live in. Although she was struggling with paying the expense, there was always a huge amount taken off her rental and other expenses. 

It turned out to be Yuri and Mrs Kwon. 

" Yes, I'll live with you. Thank you so much, Umma. " I spilled a few tears and threw my body into Mrs Kwon's body, she had helped me so much even though I didn't know her. 

Thank you, Yuri. 

 Flashback End.

So that was how I knew that black monkey. She was always sticking to me because she strongly believed that I needed someone, and she was right. I pushed her so many times, but she just never left. 

On that day, I swore that I would forever be indebted to that little monkey Kwon. If she wasn't there with me at the playground and avoided me like others, I could have died there and no one would ever notice or care. Because of her, I had found love in a home and family. 

The kind of love I had never received from my own family. 

Even at 20, Umma still welcomes me like I'm her biological daughter and I can never thank her enough for her kind deeds. She will always be my Umma.

Yuri is like my guardian angel, she always stands up for me like how she did in the past. When people said bad things about me behind my back, she would be the first to defend and scold them. 

I met Fany in Primary 5 when she was a new transfer student from America and we had all our classes together. We realised that we were born in the same hospital too. 

The rest of them aka Choi Sooyoung, that giant and the Kim Midgets. They're my babies. 

I'm sorry, I don't like to talk so much. I'm tired and I wanna sleep right now. I'll find some other time to tell you what I think about my precious girls. 

I love all of them so much and if anyone hurts them, they're gonna feel the wrath of Jessica Jung Sooyeon. 

*

*

*

*

[Tiffany's POV] 

Hi there! My name is Tiffany Hwang. Keke. My Korean name is Mi Young. I'm fine with you calling me by either but make sure you don't make fun of me, alright?

I'm born on 1st August 1994, I just turned 20 last month! Hehe. Hm, I have a crazy love for pink. My room at our house is filled with pink. 

I have an older brother and sister, Leo and Michelle Hwang which also means that I'm the baby in my family. And if I'm the baby, that means you have to spoil me. Hehe. 

So, you're interested in my story? 

Well here goes, excuse my tears please.

Flashback.

" Daddy, why don't I have a mother like my friends? Where has Mommy gone? " I asked when I was walking home with my dad and I don't know why, but I felt a huge wave of guilt overwhelm me. 

" M-Miyoung, that's not true. Who told you that, Baby? " Daddy squatted beside me and caressed my hair gently, his tears were watery and his eyes were that of sadness. 

" Jackie told me that this morning. He said that Uncle Ben told him Mummy died because she had contracted an unwanted sickness while giving birth to me. And that made her life shorter. Is that true, Daddy? " I asked with such childhood innocence. 

Tiffany was only 10 at that time and if she ever found out that her mother had died partly because of her, her world would come crashing down. She doesn't deserve this at the tender age of 10. 

" No, Darling. It's not true. Don't ever believe any of that rubbish. Umma has gone to a better place and it's certainly not because of you. " He assured and kissed Tiffany's head. 

" Daddy, I want ice cream. " I muttered, it was way too hard for me to hide my tears this time. I knew he was lying painstakingly, I knew Daddy didn't want me to get hurt. 

But, I've seen the cause of death. I've asked Leo-Oppa and Michelle-Unnie, they explained it to me. Don't ask me how could I understand, it was just something in my mind that helped me too. 

I just wanted to see if Daddy would ever tell me. 

*

*

After that day, I've never asked my dad anything regarding my mother. As usual, I bugged him to let me play his phone until dinner was ready and that day, I saw something I never wanted to see. 

It was a text message. 

From: XXXXXXXXX

To: David Hwang

Honey, when are you coming over again? I've been waiting for 2 weeks. I can't take it anymore, I miss you so much. Please hurry, the last time we saw each other was last month. Don't you remember how you asked me out 2 years ago? 

Tiffany's eyes widened and she almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter