Chapter 9

Kwon Yuri vs The World.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yuri's POV]

Hey everyone. I'm the ultra handsome, y Kwon Yuri of Girls' Generation. I'm the second youngest and I'm 19 this year. My birthday is on the 5th of December 1995. Am I young or young?

As all of you already know, I'm dating Im Yoona - the girl of my dreams, literally. She's younger than me by about 5 months and well, she's such a cutie. Oh gosh, let me get a grip of my feelings. 

I've always been the tomboy since I was a young kid. I grew up with all my brother's friends and one of them includes Choi Minho. Yes, one of the Kingkas in my school now. He's younger than me but his sense of maturity and protectiveness is seriously amazing. 

Truthfully, I don't have much to tell about my past because I've pretty much had a happy childhood. Hm, how about I tell you the happy part of it and the sad part later? 

Flashback.

I had just turned 12 last week and now, my brother had to piss me off when I was still in my holiday mode. Even Appa and Umma knew when to let me be alone and enjoy. This idiot, obviously doesn't.

" Princess. " That was my older brother, Hyukjun-Oppa. We were in our room and I was lying under my Mickey Mouse covers with it pulled all the way to my chin. 

I was ignoring him. 

" Yuri. Princess, talk to me. " Oh great, there goes all my willpower. I turned to look at his puppy eyes and sighed, knowing that I couldn't help but relent. 

" What? " I answered as coldly as I could. I sat up, crossing my arms angrily.

" Stop ignoring me. " He whined and climbed up to my bed. It was a double-decker bed and I called dibs for the top bunk. He hugged me from the back and shook my body from left to right, hoping I'll stop being angry.

" Oppa, why did you use my skateboard? " I asked.

My skateboard was my baby. My everything. 

" B-Because.... Um.. " 

His stuttering and hesitation could only give me one answer - he didn't know why either. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes at my idiot of a brother, I took deep breaths to calm myself down. 

" Your skateboard is right next to mine. My skateboard is fully black and white, yours is just a weird- colour. Don't tell me you can't tell the difference, Oppa. I warned you about touching my baby. " I glared at him fiercely. 

  

True, this skateboard was given to me.  

Flashback (9 years-old Yuri) 

" Yul, don't swim too far. " I heard my swimming instructor, Miss Park tell me before I nodded happily, practicing my for the upcoming test. 

This test would determine if I could move on to the next grade or stay in the current one. I carefully stretched my calves and shoulders as I would be doing the butterfly 100m for my exam. 

" Hey, I'm going to get some drinks for you kids. Any special order? " I heard Miss Park call out once more and she looked at me warily, I was always the first to ask. 

" I wa---- I know, Yuri-ah. You want Sports Water and a couple of energy bars, right? " I was jaw-dropped and Miss Park winked at me cutely before she left. 

Needless to say, I was Miss Park's favourite student and although many of the girls didn't wanna partner me, she always comforted me and we ended up playing together. 

I did my stretches and jumped in, swimming a few laps of freestyle and stroke to let my body warm up before training. Looking at the other end of the pool, I saw a very thin girl. Perhaps younger than me, she had fair skin and she seemed to be in deep thought while looking at the water. 

There was terror in her eyes. I could see it. Her body trembled and she hugged her knees close to her chest. I had never seen this girl before, she wasn't in my swimming classes. 

I shrugged it off and kicked off from the wall. It's been a long while since I've trained. It never felt more refreshing than this, it felt amazing to be in the water again. 

I was 3/4 into the lap when I heard a splash on my right before screaming was heard, I immediately stopped and quickly looked around for the source of noise. 

Widening my eyes, I saw the girl who was sitting on the edge a while ago inside the pool. From what I could tell, she didn't know how to swim at all, she didn't even know how to track water. 

Diving under, I grabbed her waist closer to me and I struggled to hold her head above water considering she was struggling and trying to fight off my grip. 

" Hey, hey. Stop moving and hold me, I'll get you out of the water. " I whispered and felt her movements halt slowly, her arms were now wrapped around my neck as I slowly brought her to the ladder where I kicked off. 

" Yuri! What happened? " Miss Park was frantic and she was hugging the drenched girl tightly while the younger one just sobbed into her chest. 

" I don't know, Miss Park. I heard her screaming so I went to bring her here. She was at the deep end, the one where I always complete my laps at. " I told my teacher and saw her smile thankfully.

" A job well done, Sweetheart. " She patted my head gently and brought the little girl with her. Looking at their backs, I saw the little girl smile at me weakly and I could feel my jaw drop, she had a beautiful smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter