Chapter 17

Kwon Yuri vs The World.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica looked at the sleeping Taeyeon with a worried expression. She couldn't remember the last time Taeyeon had been so broken, other than when Hyoyeon was severely sick but that was a few years back. Everyone hoped that this side of Taeyeon wouldn't be seen ever again; it was too painful. Too painful to watch their ever-so-strong leader tear herself from the inside. 

“Has she woken up?” Yuri came into the room, closing the door behind her gently. 

“Nope, still sleeping like a pig.”

Yuri snickered at her best friend's words, “Well, doesn't that sound familiar…”

The ice princess turned to Yuri and glared at the younger girl, only to be replied with an impish grin. Jessica pinched Yuri's cheeks hard before turning her attention back to Taeyeon. Before either of them could wake Taeyeon up, the door flew open, revealing Yuri's favourite person of all time. 

“Baby!” 

The tanned girl smiled, feeling a pair of familiar arms wrapping around her waist, “Hi, love. What are you doing here and not in bed though?” Yoona giggled and blushed a little, “Sica-unnie, sorry I didn't see you... And you, I just came back from work. That irritating, noisy Lee Seunggi was being a nuisance. I don't know what he's doing but he's definitely barking up the wrong tree.”

Jessica just giggled at Yoona's words while Yuri looked slightly surprised, wondering if those words had just come out of Yoona's mouth. Still, it was a good sign that Yoona was getting more than comfortable around her friends. The trio stood there talking, oblivious to the figure on the bed stirring in her sleep.

“Huwamm... Yul? Sica? Yoona? What are you three doing in our room?” Taeyeon rubbed her eyes sleepily; obviously unaware of how long she had been asleep for.

Yuri looked at Taeyeon incredulously and walked closer to the bed, making Taeyeon cower slowly. She bit her lip, watching Taeyeon get scared like this was beyond funny and why not relish the moment while she was at it? Not to mention, even Yoona and Jessica were trying to control their laughter at Taeyeon's comical actions. 

Yuri pushed Taeyeon's head with her finger as she continued ranting all her worries and concerns, “How dare you ask me that, Kim Taengoo? You're the one who's making me worry BUT nooooooo, you didn't even wake up; you continued sleeping like a stupid pig!”

Yoona just sighed and pushed her girlfriend aside before sitting on the bed next to Taeyeon, holding her hand, “What that nutcase is trying to say, Unnie, is that you made us worry loads when you cried. What's wrong?” Jessica nodded in agreement, supporting Yoona's explanation far more than Yuri's. Taeyeon sighed and squeezed Yoona's hand, grateful for her concern as well. Yoona gave off a warm feeling and that's why Taeyeon opened up to her about her love life first, not any of the rest. 

“I.... I just felt relieved. At least I know the person I like is in good hands...” 

A gasp was released from Yuri and Jessica. Now that the words had come directly from Taeyeon, their hearts were shattering for their poor dork. Taeyeon had been there with each one of them whenever they were having a love interest, making sure her friend was fine and on the go. 

“Tae...” Yuri started, “You love her, don't you?”

After receiving a nod from the former, “Then shouldn't you be fighting for her instead of giving up like this? You encouraged Sooyoung to go after Siwon in the past, remember? You also encouraged me to go after Yoona in your own way.”

Taeyeon stayed silent but her hand was unconsciously squeezing Yoona's hand tighter with each word Yuri was saying, she didn't want to go after her because she believed someone would treat her better. Yoona smacked Yuri's thigh, glaring at her to make her stop talking but Yuri couldn't take it lying down. 

Not when Taeyeon was at the short end of the stick. 

“I don't know why you choose to give her up but that really , you're not being fair to yourself. Don't be a coward anymore; at least tell her how you feel.”

Yuri left the room, almost tumbling backwards when she saw Tiffany standing outside. Tiffany's eyes widened as she tried to grab hold of Yuri's shirt, letting go of her bottled drink. The two crashed into the door and Yuri rubbed the back of her head painfully, “Ow... Fany! Why'd you stand there without a word?!” Yuri questioned and helped Tiffany stable herself while rubbing her head. 

“Yah! You're the one walking like a blind bat!” Tiffany rearranged her shirt and hair, pouting at the taller girl. 

The two huffed at each other before Tiffany lifted her hand to rub Yuri's neck for her, feeling a bit guilty for standing there instead of going into the room sooner. Yuri just sighed and smiled, stretching her neck to relieve Tiffany of her unnecessary guilt. 

“Anyway, Taeng's awake so you can go in if you want.”

Tiffany had no idea why but the fact that Taeyeon was sick was scaring her more than it supposed to. Taeyeon never fell sick, she took care of herself well because that was the only way she could take care of her friends as well. Now that the older girl was sick, what was she to make of it?

“I don’t how long I can do this but I’ll try my best. I mean, she’s happy the way she is so why does it matter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter