Chapter 18

Kwon Yuri vs The World.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri sat in front of Sunny nervously, the manager was practically staring her down in front of their dinner. Sunny had never seen Yuri before, considering that she was always too busy managing Yoona's schedules and Yuri busy with school. “Seriously, Kwon Yuri. Who are you again?” Yuri cocked an eyebrow mischieviously after hearing Sunny’s question, “you just said my name, Sunkyu-unnie.”

Sunny whipped her head in Yoona’s direction, only Yoona could have told Yuri her biological name. “Im Yoona…” Yoona forced a nervous smile and held onto her bowl of jjajangmyun, running out of her seat as fast as she could. Yuri sat back in amusement, watching the shorter woman chase after her girlfriend. It was incredibly funny to watch a midget chase after a giant.

“UNNNIEEEE!! SHE’S MY GIRLFRIEND!!” Yoona cried out earnestly, shoving a spoonful of noodles into as she ran around the living room at the same time. Sunny took the cushion from the sofa and threw it straight at Yoona’s , “SO?! I DON’T KNOW HER WELL! HOW COULD YOU?!”

The cheeky tanned girl felt guilty for teasing Sunny, now that Yoona was receiving the brunt of it. Yuri got up from the table and caught Yoona by the waist, her other hand pushing Sunny back. She must have missed something because her hand was put in a rather awkward place and Sunny looked like she had just seen a ghost.

“KWWWOONNNN YYUUURRRRIIIII!!!”

The lovers both covered their ears, pouting at Sunny’s extraordinary loud and shrill scream. “Unnie, what the hell?” Yoona rubbed Yuri’s ear for her and glared at Sunny cutely. Sunny huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, “her hand was pressing on my right !!!!”

Yoona’s eyes widened, staring at Yuri like her girlfriend had killed someone. Yuri made a disgusted expression and wiped her hand on Sunny’s shirt before running to hide behind Yoona, holding her girlfriend in front of her just in case Sunny decided to go ape and chop her head off. 

Yoona held onto Yuri’s arms around her waist, the two walking backwards towards the direction of Yoona’s bedroom. Sunny took deep breaths to calm herself down from Yuri’s continuous antics that annoyed her greatly, “Breathe, Sunkyu… Breathe…” Just when Yuri could successfully pull Yoona into her bedroom and shut the door, Sunny's words paralysed them, “you two stop right there.”

 

 

After much annoyance and teasing, the three were finally back in the living room. Yuri was seriously uncomfortable this time, knowing that Sunny's words had a lot of influence on Yoona's decisions. Yoona wasn't angry at how skeptical Sunny was being about their relationship, it was more of disappointment. Out of everyone she expected to understand, Sunny was the least supportive so far. It wasn't that Yuri was treating her badly or anything.

In fact, Yuri treated her like a queen. 

“Seriously, Unnie,” Yoona sighed, shaking her head, “I thought you would understand… plus, you were taken with her when I told you about the limited-edition book.” Yuri turned to Yoona in surprise, she had no idea Yoona told her manager about that small present. Yoona forced herself to stare at Sunny when she felt Yuri's smoldering gaze on her, clearly staring to her heart's content.  

Sunny waved her hands in denial, “no, Yoong. I’m not saying you two aren’t compatible and whatnot… I just feel like that you two are still young and firstly, Yuri’s busy with school while you have your schedules. I don’t want this to end badly, do you understand?” 

End badly? 

Both Yoona and Yuri couldn't help but frown, their journey together had just begun and the end was nowhere in sight. Yet, Sunny was here to make sure that they were being realistic with their current situation; still a question of it being necessary or not. 

Yuri took a deep breath and grabbed onto Yoona’s hand, “with all due respect, Sunny-unnie, I think your worries might be uncalled for currently but I’ll definitely bear them in mind.”

Yoona was in awe at how stable Yuri’s voice was, compared to how nervous she was; her hand was practically cutting off the blood flow to Yoona’s fingers. Yuri took the chance to add on when she realised that Sunny was probably letting her words sink in, “if I hurt her, I will know what to do. I won’t leave till she tells me to by herself.”

By now, Yoona's eyes were already welling with tears at Yuri's words. She couldn't imagine a day where she fought with Yuri, they were already inseparable. Right on cue, Yuri gave Yoona's hand a tender squeeze, as if telling her that she didn't have to worry about it. 

“I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt tonight but bear in mind, Miss Kwon,” Sunny stood up, her eyes still showing off that cold gaze, “I will personally keep you away from her if you hurt her.”

No, she was determined to make sure that she wouldn't fight with Yoona for as long as possible. With the right amount of patience, understanding and love, any fight can be prevented. That's exactly what Yuri plans to do as long as her girlfriend is an idol leading two lives - one for her fans and one, with Yuri. 

Because no matter how strong a relationship is, a fight will always leave a scar upon it. 

 

 

---

 

 

 

To say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter