Chapter 20

Kwon Yuri vs The World.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hangovers can a person over.

In so many years that Tiffany has learnt to take alcohol, she has never experienced a hangover like she is experiencing right now. Her alcohol tolerance is not something to joke about because she can drink easily twice the amount of everyone who challenges her. Yesterday (obviously) turned out to be a huge mess because Tiffany is lying in bed in her undergarments and with a duvet over her instead of her usual nightgown. She definitely didn't make it back home on her own, especially since she can't remember a single thing that happened last night. 

“Oh? Sleeping Beauty is awake.”

“TaeTae?” Tiffany rubs her eyes to get rid of her blurry vision. She actually likes that Taeyeon is the first person she’s seeing in this terrible start of a morning; Taeyeon is a sight for sore eyes. “Were you with me last night?”

Taeyeon doesn’t reply but the smile on her face tells Tiffany the answer she wants to know. She kicks the room door close, bringing in a tray with a bowl and glass of water atop it. Her heart is finally at ease, seeing Tiffany fine and not crying anymore. She never wants to witness Tiffany breaking down in front of her ever again. It’s not just painful, but an irreparable heartbreak for her too. To think her one of her friends is causing Tiffany’s pain is too much for Taeyeon to take too. Seeing Tiffany get hurt is equivalent to hurting herself and it's a ty feeling.

“Here, this should help that damn headache.” Taeyeon hands the two tablets to Tiffany, grinning when she sees the disgusted look on Tiffany’s face. She sits on the bed beside the American, gently massaging Tiffany’s palm. “I’ll buy you strawberry ice cream after you take the tablets and go to bed.”

“Really?”

Tiffany’s eyes are practically twinkling at the mention of strawberry (most likely because it’s pink) and Taeyeon thinks its adorable. She likes that Tiffany has two contrasting personalities to her.

“Really.”

Taeyeon spends the entire afternoon in Tiffany’s bedroom, not because she doesn’t want to leave but because Tiffany has a death grip on her arm… and because Tiffany’s head is resting on her lap. She’s not complaining but Tiffany probably has no idea how difficult it is for her to be this close and not do anything about it. When Taeyeon’s within this proximity, there’s nothing more she wants than to hug and tell Tiffany that everything’s going to be okay; that she shouldn't ever let tears fall from those beautiful eyes of hers because those eyes should look like crescents when Tiffany smiles.

After a stormy day comes a rainbow that calms everything eventually, doesn’t it? In fact, it’s something Tiffany has always told her would happen when things got bad for Taeyeon. It's how Taeyeon forces herself to pull through tough times even when she wanted to give up halfway through.

Tiffany doesn’t know how important she is to Taeyeon.

 

*

 

Yoona takes a deep breath as she steps into the house, exhausted from practicing all night. She did follow them to the club but Yuri had dropped her off at the studio after, especially since she wanted to take an emergency off day today. For some reason, Yoona feels uneasy whenever she goes back to the company for some contract negotiations. She’s always afraid that they’d have some dirt on her that she doesn’t know about and trap her into resigning with them. Those things have happened to so many colleagues and Yoona couldn't help them in the least.

Putting down her bag, Yoona giggles when she sees Jessica's feet hanging off the sofa's armrest; so the ice princess is at home.

“OH MY GOD!”

“YOONA!”

Jessica shrieks as she shoves Hyoyeon off her, hurriedly buttoning her shirt again. She didn’t expect anyone to come home so early that’s why she allowed Hyoyeon to have some fun first. If Yuri was the one who came in instead of Yoona, there's a high chance of them being blackmailed into doing her favours. While Jessica is trying to get her senses together, Hyoyeon is getting turnt up by her own phone music. She needs to get that sinful scene out of Yoona's mind or Yuri is going to murder the two of them before they get a chance to explain themselves. 

Yoona is pouting as Hyoyeon pushes her into the kitchen and out of the living room. She whines when Hyoyeon starts taking out all the junk food they have in the refrigerator, “Unnie… I’m not hungry. What are you doing now?”

More and more food is laid on the marble countertop, and it is making Yoona salivate silently. She isn't hungry in the least but how can she resist all that sweet temptation staring at her in the face? It just isn't realistic. 

Jessica rolls her eyes when she notices the glint of mischief in her girlfriend’s eyes; Hyoyeon must have found a way to keep Yoona occupied in the kitchen. It’s no wonder why everyone finds Hyoyeon a teeny weeny bit dangerous; although she started off shy and extremely introverted, all of that changed with time. Instead of the vulnerable, soft-hearted Kim Hyoyeon she got to know, Jessica finds her changed self a lot more endearing. In fact, Hyoyeon seems a lot happier after changing her personality to that of a extroverted, laidback person too.

“I don’t like that look, Kim Hyoyeon.”

“What? I didn’t do anything,” Hyoyeon shrugs, her smile contradicting her words. She plops her body on the sofa, laying her head on Jessica’s milky things instead. Her girlfriend has one of the most tempting bodies in the universe and Hyoyeon doesn’t know how to tell her that without sounding like creep. “Giving Yoona some food isn’t a bad thing anyway. Yuri can’t do anything to me.”

This is when Yoona pokes her head out of the kitchen with both cheeks full of food. She completely disagrees with that statement and she’s going to complain to Yuri for sure; everyone knows she's supposed to maintain her diet.

“Don’t lie, Unnie!”

Jessica whips her head around to glare at Hyoyeon; corrupting their newest member of the group is not allowed yet. She can already foresee what Yuri is going to do to her when she finds out what they did to her precious girlfriend. Honestly, Yuri hasn’t said anything but it’s obvious that Yuri and Yoona haven’t done anything scandalous in that aspect ever since that one time. It was done in a rash mood and definitely too fast but there’s no regret present in the least. That’s why Jessica is proud of her best friend; Yuri controls herself well enough to maintain their still blossoming relationship.

That being said, it doesn’t mean Hyoyeon is going to be let off the hook with her mischievious antics. Not forgetting that she even bribes Yoona with food right in front of Jessica's very eyes…

“You’re sleeping outside.”

“B-But the sofa is uncomfortable!”

Yoona bursts into a fit of giggles in the kitchen; it serves Hyoyeon right for trying to shut her up about this. She holds onto the glass of milk with a sigh; how can she feel so comfortable with a group of people around her age? Why do they make her feel so much safer here than her own apartment that she’s been staying in for years? It sounds ridiculous and something Yoona wouldn’t have believed in if she heard it for the first time but it is happening to her as of now. Coming back to the apartment they share always warms her heart in ways she can't explain. 

A safety blanket is a blunt way of putting it across but it’s due to the fact that Yoona knows she can come back when she needs to be comforted and loved instead of being judged. It also scares Yoona so much… if she does something wrong, she might lose all of them in one fell swoop – it’s going to kill her.

“Yoong?”

And who should it be, but her most precious puppy-like lover?

“Yul!”

Yoona maneuvers herself around the countertop and leaps into Yuri’s arms, wrapping her legs around Yuri’s waist. She, however, blushes a deep red when Yuri steals a kiss from her. They’re dating and having a good time but kisses will always make Yoona blush. Firstly, Yuri’s lips are irresistible just like the rest of her. Secondly, kisses are extremely addictive, clearly not just for Yoona… judging by the way Yuri’s always trying to get more from her. Last but not least, Yoona can't stop thinking of how fast kisses can and might progress into something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter