Chapter 16

Kwon Yuri vs The World.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 weeks later...

Yoona groaned, climbing out of bed. Her schedules resumed today, so did school for Yuri and the girls. She could already imagine how she would be questioned for taking extra leave when she got to the company. Before she groan more, her phone vibrated and her frown disappeared just like that. 

 

To: Yoong Baby 

Time to wake up, Love You have a photo-shoot as your first schedule and then you have to head to the recording studio, don't forget, okay? I'm going to school in a few minutes with the rest, ugh. I hope your day goes fine and if anything, you can text me! 

Love you, Baby. 

From: Yulbaby  

 

Gosh, her girlfriend was too sweet for her. Not like she was complaining, she just didn't know how to beat that level of sweetness yet. 

Yoona squinted and spotted the emoji showing a displeased face, making her laugh out loud at her phone. Yuri knew her too well, she thought. She hated waking up early in the morning just to go for schedules and whatnot. 

 

To: Yulbaby  

Good morning, Baby. You know me so well, I hate waking up early  Behave in school and don't flirt, okay? I will know, hmph!  I have eyes everywhere, hehe. Have fun in school, sweetie. 

I love you too... 

From: Yoong Baby 

 

Yuri smiled at Yoona's adorable text and she kept her phone, heading towards the car with Jessica. Jessica couldn't stop whining about how Hyoyeon and Taeyeon had left although they said they would wait for her, Yuri couldn't help but to roll her eyes. 

“Can you grow a pair and confess already?” Yuri asked, taking out her car keys from her pocket. Jessica looked down at her own chest with a proud smile, “I already have a pair on my chest. A rather big pair too…” Jessica let out a snicker when Yuri rolled her eyes, unable to get her back for that comment.

Jessica thought their verbal battle was already over and she buckled up, turning on the radio. 

 

Cause I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it... 

in the air,

I don't care I love the smell of it 

 

The two best friends looked at each other and started blushing madly, their cheeks burning at what they were imagining right now. 

“Wanna change?” Yuri asked timidly, trying to start her car without crashing before they even got out of the parking lot.

“Sounds good.”

Jessica immediately pressed the skip button and looked at Yuri in horror, the next song was just as bad if not worse. 

 

, baby... 

Let's talk about you and me

 

Jessica’s cheeks turned even redder at the bold lyrics of the song, “Seobang, what.. what the ?!”

 

Let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be

Let's talk about .. 

 

“Don't look at me! It's not even my playlist!” Yuri defended, eyes widening. 

It was most definitely not her playlist. Yuri had just fetched her car back from the workshop a few days ago and she hasn't even driven it yet. 

“Jesus, who was the last one to use your car?”

Yuri chuckled, “Sounds like Taeyeon…”

Taeyeon had borrowed her car to send Tiffany and Sooyoung to school for their make-up lessons during the holidays since she was lazy to pump petrol for her own. Jessica rolled her eyes at their ByunTae and sat back, about to close her eyes when Yuri opened to retort Jessica's comment before the songs started playing.

“Those two on your chest are apparently too small for you to confess...”

“YAH!!!”

 

-

 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were already in school, the twins sitting on the rooftop together. Hyoyeon could tell there was something on Taeyeon's mind because her twin was never this quiet and her eyes were displaying a range of emotions instead of those she could read any time. 

“What's wrong, Tae?”

“What do you mean what's wrong? Nothing's wrong, Hyoyeonie.”

Taeyeon turned to her twin, forcing the best smile she could bring out at this point. The blonde rolled her eyes and smiled, looking straight ahead. She was Taeyeon's twin, not just anyone who couldn't tell what Taeyeon was feeling.

“I'm your twin, Taeyeon. Not anyone else. Do you think I can't see through your fake smiles?” Hyoyeon said, her tone turning a bit cold. Taeyeon sighed and tried to stand but felt Hyoyeon grab her wrist. “Stop running from your problems, Taeyeon. Tell me and we can face it together.”

Taeyeon looked up, trying to keep her tears back. She didn't want to face this problem, not ever. It already hurt so bad and the fact that she couldn't do anything about it was killing her. 

Hyoyeon coaxed, knowing her words were finally getting into Taeyeon's head, “Come on, sit down...” Taeyeon sat back down, leaning her head against Hyoyeon's shoulder this time. 

“I'm in love, Hyo…” Taeyeon whispered. 

Hyoyeon felt her heart leap for her sister before she realized how broken Taeyeon sounded instead of how love-struck people usually sounded. She took Taeyeon's clenched fist into her own and rubbed it tenderly, wondering what the problem was. “And why are you suffering? Isn't it a good thing?” Hyoyeon asked softly, running her fingers through Taeyeon's hair. 

Taeyeon couldn't even to answer when she felt her eyes burn, tears starting to cloud her vision. She didn't want to think of it but images of them kept popping up in her mind. She couldn't help it but she wasn't going to be a third party and stand in the way. 

“Don't cry, Taeyeon-ah. Seriously, tell me what's wrong...” Hyoyeon pleaded, letting Taeyeon place her head on her lap. 

As her twin, Hyoyeon felt helpless. She couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter