[V I I I]

The Dead Wayfarers

"Dad.... Dad!" Yoo Jung called out. Her father's eyes were a foggy and he sounded like the dead. He has joined them after his wound killed him. Yoo Jung was still in shocked as she sat near Jun Gyu, Kyungsoo looked over to her, seeing how she was in so much pain. "Dad!" Yoo Jung was crying now as she begin crawling on all fours over to him, alerting the whole crew. 

"Zelo! Get her!" Yongguk shouted and quickly Zelo took one long stride and bent over to grab a hold of her arm.

"Let me go! I need to help my dad! Dad!" Yoo Jung cried and struggled from Zelo's gripped, trying to move toward her zombie father. With great amount of strenght Zelo tugged and pulled her toward him, he was a lot stronger than her. In just a short amount of time Yoo Jung fainted due to the sudden shock. Zelo held her up in a sitting position as he supported her back with his leg.

The massive numbers of zombies kept growing and so did their strenght. Most begun pushing through were Jun Gyu was left alone to support; thus, pushing the objects at the top over. "! Everyone upstairs now!" Yongguk shouted. 

"B-but what about Yoo Jung's father?" Kyungsoo asked looking back at the man who was still lying on the ground, unable to crawl or stand up. 

"Just avoid him, now go!" Yongguk demanded and Kyungsoo eyed Jun Gyu. Jun Gyu was in a more dangerous situation than the rest, thus Kyungsoo quickly reached over and grabbed him around the wrist. 

"I'll lead, follow me." Kyungsoo said and helped Jun Gyu to his feet as they headed toward Yoo Jung's father. Kyungsoo grabbed her father's foot and dragged it further away from the stairs, making way for Jun Gyu. Jun Gyu then gestured for Zelo to hurry with Yoo Jung after the latter carried her in bride-style. Once Kyungsoo and Zelo headed upstairs with Yoo Jung, Jun Gyu waited for Yongguk. 

"Yongguk, hurry come!" He called and Yongguk grunted as a chair that was stacked near the top fell over and hit him on the head. Just as he shook off the sting the zombies broke through the other side; Yongguk raced over to Jun Gyu and the two ran upstairs together as the first floor begin flooding in.

On the second floor Zelo rested the girl on the couch while Kyungsoo stood by the stairs, waiting for Yongguk and Jun Gyu. Once he spot them he was relieved, the two came up and together all three moved into the room with Zelo. "Is she alright?" Jun Gyu asked in a worried tone. 

"Yeah, I think it was traumatizing for her." Zelo explained and Jun Gyu nodded once as he understood.

"What should we do now? There must be around 100 downstairs." Jun Gyu exaggerated and Yongguk shook his head and sighed. 

"There can't be, maybe less than 100 but.... Kyungsoo." Yongguk turned to Kyungsoo who was on his right, and the man looked up. "Do you know what's going on with Seungho? Why did he break those windows? Why did he leave?" Yongguk questioned and earned a soured expression from Kyungsoo. He just shook his head when even he have similar questions. 

"If Seungho broke those windows, do you think the first zombies group was his doing as well?" Zelo asked and everyone turned to him. Yongguk hummed and Jun Gyu's eyes widen. 

"Wait, why would Seungho do that? He knows we're up here and he really cares about his brother!" Jun Gyu raised his voice as he defended Seungho. 

"Seungho was the only one who kept watch last night." Yongguk pointed out and silence Jun Gyu.

"Care? If Seungho cared about Kyungsoo then why did he run away? He put us and Kyungsoo in danger without any explanation!" Zelo grew angry due to all of the frustration that was building inside of him.

"Zelo!" Yongguk barked for Zelo to lower his voice, it wasn't up to Zelo to lay blame when no one can be sure why Seungho did what he did. "First let's find a way out of here, we may have to climb out while they're on the bottom floor." Yongguk suggested and Jun Gyu was quick to object. 

"But we can't yet, Yoo Jung isn't-if we get out of here someone may have to carry her. Not just that, but where will we go?" Jun Gyu questioned but Yongguk already had it all figured out. 

"We'll follow Seungho." He said to Jun Gyu then turned to Kyungsoo, "Any clue where he might have went?"

Kyungsoo his dried lips before answering, "Our older brother's house...." 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

"Minzy!" A woman with long blond hair called as a wave of zombies appeared from around the corner grabbed her companion. The woman known as Minzy was slightly shorter with shorter black hair and dressed in animal designs.

"CL!" The woman known as Minzy screamed as the zombie crowd surrounded her and nothing but her dying cries were heard. CL, the blond, was horrified as the scene was taking place just a few strides from her. When it was too late to save her partner she dashed off when more zombies begun joining the already established group.

CL was wearing a black suit; slacks, long sleeved jacket, white buttoned-up blouse, and a black tie around her neck. She was covered in sweat and her milky skin was colored with dirt and the smearing of her eyeliner.

Alone she ran down the street, avoiding grabs and zombies. Not once did she look back, but while running she had begun crying. She smashed her lips into a line and ran as fast as her legs could carried her then murmured, "Sorry Minzy, I'm sorry."

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Kyungsoo was holding Seungho's gun in his hand, the 357 Magnum which had kept Seungho and Kyungsoo safe for so long. He depressedly sighed as he tighten his grip around it. "Seungho.... When we meet again, I'll apologize first." He whispered and then headed back downstairs; to the second floor. 

From the window in which Yoo Jung threw meat out one before, Yongguk was tying the knot around the couch. Thankfully the previous owners had strong and long ropes under the bed. Zelo lifted the coffee table in the center and placed it on top of the couch to put extra weight on it.

Jun Gyu cleaned the cold sweat on Yoo Jung's face with his sleeve as he peeked a few times to check on the boys. Kyungsoo came down and approached Jun Gyu while seeing Zelo and Yongguk working hard. "So we're going to carry her?" Kyungsoo asked and Jun Gyu nodded. 

"Yongguk said he could carry her. The way to your brother's house isn't far, is it?" Jun Gyu softly asked. 

"It's quite a way but we'll be able to get there on foot in less than four hours." Kyungsoo clarified, earning a hummed and nod from the old man. 

Yongguk moved over to them, "Here tied her around me." Yongguk said as he hand Jun Gyu a rope, and surprised the two. 

"What do you mean tied her around you? What if they grabbed her and pulled you too?" Jun Gyu asked his eyes widen but Yongguk sighed. 

"It's the only way to bring her down the rope with me." He said and then sat beside the girl, pulling her over his back; giving her a piggyback ride. He stood up and turned their backs to Jun Gyu, Kyungsoo stepped up and helped Jun Gyu tighten the rope around the two.

"It's ready!" Zelo called over to them and Yongguk nodded. 

"Zelo go first and make sure it's safe for us. I'll go second then Jun Gyu and Kyungsoo. Would that work?" 

Everyone agreed and Zelo grabbed a hold of the rope, then slowly made his way down with his bows and arrows wrapped around him on his back. To avoid grabbing attention, Kyungsoo had to stand near the stairs and made noises in order to grab the zombies attention. And it worked wonders. Once Zelo landed on the ground he fired two arrows one to his left and another to his right, piercing the heads of two dead ones.

Then he looked up and Yongguk was beginning to make his way down with Jun Gyu pulling the rope back in case two people were too heavy. Zelo wrapped his arms around Yongguk and the back of the girl to support him as he dropped to his feet. Jun Gyu was third as they had planned and while Kyungsoo was about to get on the rope, a zombie made it onto the second floor and grabbed his arm. Then it tried to bit Kyungsoo, but Seungho's gun was in the way hence it bit the gun.

Kyungsoo yelped in horror and he yanked the gun away from its mouth then quickly fired a shot at the zombie, missing its head but getting its chest. It took a few steps back and fell but more were climbing over others on the stairs. And due to the great power the gun released, Kyunsoo lost his gripped and dropped from the second floor.

"Kyungsoo!" Jun Gyu shouted and ducked when he couldn't face to see Kyungsoo dropped. Zelo stepped up so he could somehow catch a man his size, but shorter. Kyungsoo landed on his feet and fell backwards but Zelo kept him in balance. 

"Are you alright? Can you walk?" He asked quickly and Kyungsoo let out a heavy breath and nodded. 

"Quick!" Yongguk said and begin running down the street while Zelo supported Kyungsoo. Jun Gyu followed last when he finally looked up and saw that Kyungsoo didn't fall to his death. In fact, he exhaled in relief before following their tracks. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho was still sleeping in the small and closed area when Yongguk and the others raced right passed him without knowing.

Some time later the door opened then slowly closed.

Someone or something was in there with him. And it was approaching him with light steps, trying to avoid stepping on the papers that decorated the floor; even appearing as the floor itself.

Still sleeping, Seungho slept quietly and motionlessly.

The figure leaned over him.

And raised their hands into the air.

Then stabbed.

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Down the street they stopped when a woman was standing before them, making her way toward them. From far away she begun a conversation, "You're all friends of Yoo Seungho right?" She asked with a pretty smile. Yongguk was in the front and carrying Yoo Jung, as the others begin lining up beside him. 

"And who are you?" Yongguk finally asked with a pokerface, and her smile grew. 

"A friend."

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of Chapter 8.