[X X I]

The Dead Wayfarers

Yongguk came out as CL followed him and they stopped in their tracks once their gazes met, Seungho and Yongguk. 

Zelo and Yongguk then exchanged looks before Zelo walked over and joined them. "Still haven't had enough last night?" Yongguk teased directing it toward Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo acted like a child who usually hide from strangers; as he kept his face hidden against Seungho. 

"If you keep holding onto Seungho then when will we get our turn?" It was CL's turned to tease and Zelo hid his laughter with his hand. 

Kyungsoo slowly released his arms around Seungho and took a step away. "Sorry...." Seungho held the candy bar up. 

"Here." Kyungsoo bit his lips as he slowly grabbed it and pulled it out of Seungho's grasped. 

"Thank you.... Seungho." 

Seungho hummed in response then turned his attention to the larger group. "Did the others not make it?" He asked and Yongguk shook his head. 

"They did, they're waiting for you at the place we're currently residing in." Yongguk answered. 

"Where?"

"Your brother's house." 

Seungho turned his attention to Kyungsoo who was now watching him with his round large eyes. "Yesung?" Kyungsoo nodded. Seungho felt like someone punched him on the face, he couldn't have guessed that they will try heading for Yesung's domicile. Not to mention the house could have been locked. "He didn't set up a code for the gate?" Seungho asked and both Yongguk and Zelo shook their heads. 

"Yesung said...." Kyungsoo begin and once Seungho focused only on him, Kyungsoo suddenly felt strange. It's been a while for him to see his younger brother's face. "He said.... That day, that day when you get off school we'll go check it out together. He left it unlocked." 

Seungho processed the information and as a result he hummed. "Well, it's a relief then."

At the corner of his eyes he could see Kyungsoo playing with the bar nervously. "Then shall we head back? I kind of want to see Jun Gyu's face." Seungho started and Yongguk let out a chuckle. 

"Of course, let's go back together." 

Seungho smiled a little at Yongguk's delighted facial expression then he walked passed Kyungsoo and the others prepared themselves, ready to leave. 

Sergeant Cha kicked Woobin across the face. His face was red as he was heavily breathing in and out. "I give you one more man and weapons but you what? You failed to bring him with you?!" He asked as he punched Woobin across the face. 

Woobun grunted as he was thrown against the cement floor. 

"I'm only giving you one more chance, if you cannot bring him back don't bother coming back too! You waste of space!" Sergeant Cha hissed as he left the room. 

Woobin wiped and the cut formed at the corner of his lips. He insanely chuckled for a slight moment before slamming a fist against the ground. "Damn it! !" 

After Seungho and Kyungsoo bid farewell to Mark's lifeless body they were ready to leave.

As they exit the small home, Kyungsoo was carrying a backpack with some clothes. Seungho stopped once he stepped off the porch and spun around, Kyungsoo who was about to step onto the first step came to a halt. Seungho reached toward Kyungsoo's shoulders, he grabbed the backpack's strap and pulled it off Kyungsoo. 

The others watched quietly as they begin leaving the house. 

Seungho removed the backpack from Kyungsoo's back completely and slide his own arm through it, then before Kyungsoo could say anything he walked off with it first.

On the streets Yongguk and Seungho was in the front while CL and Kyungsoo took the middle. Kyungsoo was watching Seungho's back and the backpack he was carrying. carefully following in his steps. Zelo checked around at the back for any signs of danger with his bow in one hand. 

"After the restaurant we headed directly to your brother's place because Kyungsoo believed you may be there." As Yongguk go about sharing their experiences, Seungho listened quietly. CL watched Kyungsoo's expression, she could see that once in a while a smile would plastered across his face. 

"Help! Someone help!" 

They could hear someone screaming. Everyone except for Seungho stopped immediately. Seungho turned around to face them and noticed they had stopped to listen to the scream. "Seungho, someone needs help." Yongguk started, Seungho sighed. 

"Let's get going." Seungho bluntly stated. 

"Listen carefully. Someone needs help." Yongguk stated and before Seungho could say another word, he noticed Kyungsoo's gaze. 

"I think it's over there!" Zelo said and ran off toward an open street to their right. 

"Let's go." Yongguk said and ran after Zelo, CL followed without a single word but Seungho and Kyungsoo stood their ground. Seungho could tell that Kyungsoo was upset with his actions once more. Seungho was used to killing not saving. 

Seungho grew irritated when Kyungsoo stared at him with no emotions, he walked over and grabbed Kyungsoo by the wrist. "Stay close." 

"Ah go away! Go away! Someone help!" A young man with red highlights and brown hair was lying on his back on the top of a storage as he was kicking zombies hands that was trying to grab him. "Ah! Go away! Shoo-shoo!" He whined and cried as he kept kicking. 

Zelo ran and stopped as he saw zombies forming a pile trying to reach for the man on the roof. Zelo pulled out an arrow and placed it beside his bow and between his fingers. He let go of the arrow and it hit a zombie right on the back of its head. It dropped to the cold floor as Zelo prepared another arrow. 

Yongguk ran over and passed Zelo, he striked through the head of a zombie with his bare fist. Then he twist another's head off and detached it from the body. To his left a zombie spotted him and as it was about to bite him, an arrow flew through the air and went through its skull. 

CL grabbed a hold of a stick on the ground and swung it to the zombie closest to Yongguk. As Yongguk ripped the zombies from climbing over one another to the top, Zelo and CL was doing their job of finishing them off. 

As Zelo continued to shoot, he was getting the hang of it and sped up as he fired his arrows. 

CL aimed at the heads and did as Seungho once told her. 

They died with one blow to the head.

As she spun around a zombie came at her and she was forced to be pushed against the wall. Zelo groaned when he ran out of arrows. He kicked the zombie off CL and then swing his arrow toward a zombie that was approaching. 

The man on top of the roof got to his feet and begin stomping on the hands of the zombies. "How'd you like that?!" He asked as he continued to squished their dead hands under his shoes. The man wore a cameo tank top and baggy black pants with white shoes. Around his neck were gold and silver chains. 

Seungho stopped by the opening of the alley and saw the others busy killing. Kyungsoo who was pulled by Seungho watched the scene in silence. Seungho pulled the pistol from his belt and fired two bullets killing three. As he shot, the sound of gunfire could be heard. Some zombies slowly turned toward his direction, Seungho released Kyungsoo's wrist and approached them as well. 

He smashed the first one on the head with the gun, then kicked the second one as hard as he could. Then the second one, which were a teenager in uniforms walked toward him, Seungho grabbed the shorter's head and twisted it then ripped his head off. 

Zelo jumped over and stomped on the head of the second zombie Seungho has kicked, Seungho patted him on the shoulder as he passed by. Kyungsoo looked around for anything he could find of use. On the ground he found a folded black umbrella and hurried to pick it up. 

Kyungsoo hurried over and could see one slowly walking toward Seungho. Kyungsoo hurried over and stuck the umbrella through its head, then he pressed down on the bottom spring and the canopy sprung up and forced the head of the dead to explode into pieces. 

Everyone gathered their energy and minds as countless bodies surrounded them. The man on the roof was panting as well as he overlooked them. 

Jun Gyu pushed the empty bowl across the table and leaned back. "Aw I'm so full." He said as he patted his big belly. Hyori and Yoo Jung ate a lot as well, the three were leaning on the same couch. Yoo Jung in the center. 

"I wonder if they'll be back today...." Yoo Jung started but only heard Jun Gyu's sigh. 

Hyori slowly shut her eyes as she grew tired due to being stuffed. 

"Let's hope they come back soon." Yoo Jung started, Jun Gyu nodded and slowly all three fell into their afternoon naps when boredom took over. 

The man landed on his feet and stood up tall, he was an inch or two shorter than Kyungsoo and shared the same age as him. He pat his clothes of imaginary dust, "Woo, that was a closed call. Thank you my saviors." He thanked them with high spirits. Yongguk who was closer examined the younger man and nodded. 

"No problem, stay out of problem alright?" 

The man nodded then froze, "Wait, you guys aren't going to leave me here right? I mean, wouldn't that be too cruel? Afterall you guys saved me so-"

"Sorry buddy, I don't think we can take in anymore people." Yongguk started and the man drew in a dramatic gasp. 

"Seriously? But there's only five of you so what do you mean you can't-"

"There are more of us." Yongguk explained calmly and the man shook his head as he looked from one to another. 

"But seriously? You can't take in one more person?" He asked again and Yongguk nodded. Yongguk wanted to have the boy joined, but he figured Seungho wouldn't want it. After all, they were once separated when they all came to a disagreement with the latter. 

Seungho was the first to turned away, "Let's go." He said bluntly and slowly Zelo followed, then CL did the same. Yongguk dropped a hand on the man's shoulder. 

"Good luck." 

Yongguk pulled away and the man was lost for words. Kyungsoo stood his ground and finally their gaze met. Kyungsoo could see fear in his dark pupils. "Please convince your group, I'm not a bad person." The man pleaded while looking at Kyungsoo. 

"Walk with me." Kyungsoo said and the man's face brighten. 

Kyungsoo and the man walked together at the back, "I'm Jenissi, what's your name?"

"Yoo Kyungsoo." 

"Ah cool name." He said and Kyungsoo smashed his lips together. He could tell Jenissi was a talkative person. 

Meanwhile in the front, Yongguk was walking with Seungho when he noticed Kyungsoo and the man together. "I guess you've given up on trying to stop Kyungsoo from taking in people huh?" He asked and Seungho dropped his head a little. 

"I don't know when we'll be separated again. But if we do get separated, as long as I know Kyungsoo is safe with people like you, then that's all that matters."

Yongguk smiled widely, "I'm flattered." 

Yongguk pulled the gate open and everyone entered while Seungho fired at the approaching deads. Zelo who had gathered his bloody arrows from the chaos earlier were back to shooting down the closest wayfarers. Once they were all in, Yongguk shut the gates. Seungho was at the back of the crew with Yongguk and Zelo. 

Zelo had on a wide smile, "Jun Gyu!" He called happily as he ran toward the front door. Kyungsoo looked at the man who was amazed with the whole view of the house. 

"This is a beautiful sanctuary." Jenissi said in wowed and Kyungsoo smiled. 

"Come, I'll introduce you to the group." Kyungsoo said as he lead the latter toward the house. CL stole one last look of Yongguk then the latter smiled and together, he headed in with her. As he approached the front he spun his upperbody around. 

"Coming?" He asked Seungho with a smile, Seungho nodded. Yongguk turned back around and entered the house by playfully pushing CL. Seungho heaved a refreshed sigh as he scanned the area. Then as he took a step forward he heard someone called his name with a joyful tone.

"Seungho!"

He shot his head up and saw it was Jun Gyu, the old man had on one of the biggest smile he could remember. Seungho smiled back at Jun Gyu as the elder approached him with his arms spread apart ready for a hug. As Jun Gyu hugged and patted him on the back, by the door Seungho could see everyone poking their heads out from around the corner. 

And in the wide glass window Seungho noticed a woman. 

The woman he attacked last time. 

A WWIV member, Hyori. 

End of Chapter 21.