[X X V]

The Dead Wayfarers

Seungho picked up an unbroken tube which contained the purple liquid, in which he recalled seeing once around Sergeant Cha in the college's gym. He watched as the wayfarers slowly passes him or stood their ground. Then he tighten his hold around it and looked around for anymore. 

Each case consisted of ten tubes a pack, with five cases dropped. However, not a lot of the glass made it and the liquid formed a puddle on the ground. Seungho returned after collecting tweleve glasses into his pockets, he opened the gate and shut it. 

He entered the house and found it a mess. Then he saw Yongguk and CL running out from the dining room, laughing and covered in frostings. Yongguk grabbed CL's wrists as she tried to attack him with some whip cream, then he noticed and quickly they stopped immediately. "Oh Seungho!" Yongguk started, more laughter came from the dining room as Seungho let the door shut behind him.

"Did you go out?" CL asked and Seungho heaved a heavy sigh. Before they could continue, Zelo was next running out at full speed and laughing as his hands were covered with cream. 

"Ha ha ha!" He laughed while pointing to Jun Gyu who was still inside, then Yongguk elbowed Zelo a little and once he caught a glimpse of Seungho his laughter vanished. 

"Everyone come out here." Yongguk called and one by one they gathered near the entrance between the dining and living room. 

The laughing fit died once Seungho was seen, with his serious and sterned face. "Oh hey man!" Jenissi greeted, Seungho approached them and as he passed them, Yoo Jung moved out of his way and fell against Kyungsoo. 

Seungho looked around the dining room and saw that they have been playing with whip cream and frostings. The table, floor, and walls had some sort of frost or cream on it. He spun his head toward the nearest person, which was Jun Gyu. "Is this what you all do when you're bored?" Seungho stepped out from the dining room, "Instead of learning, training, or practicing, you waste food and make a mess?" Seungho asked eyeing Jun Gyu first then searched for Yongguk's. "Why? Did you ask me to stay so I can babysit everyone?" 

"Man that's not-" Jenissi started then stopped himself when Seungho shot him a tense stare.

Seungho turned his full attention to Yongguk again, "I don't want to see anymore childish acts similar to today from now on." Kyungsoo stepped in front of Yoo Jung. 

"Why are you always so dull? What's wrong with us enjoying each other's company? We didn't ask you to join in, so why give us any attention?" Kyungsoo asked in a serious tone as he moved closer to Seungho. 

"Why? Are you that upset that it was my fault they died? Grow up Kyungsoo and stop being an immature kid." Seungho countered and Kyungsoo threw a punch over his cut from before. Instantly Yoo Jung, Jun Gyu, and Jenissi grabbed a hold of Kyungsoo while Yongguk move over to stand in front of Kyungsoo, and tried to block him from charging at Seungho. 

"Let go! He needs a good beating!" Kyungsoo shouted as the four tried to keep him back. CL grabbed onto Seungho's arm trying to pull him back, but the latter pulled his arm from her grasped. Seungho tapped his bleeding wound again and watched as Yongguk pushed Kyungsoo away. "Yongguk! Yoo Jung! Let go of me!" Kyungsoo fought back. For a small guy, Kyungsoo was quite strong. 

"Kyungsoo calm down!" Yongguk demanded. 

"Let go!" Kyungsoo screamed at the top of his lungs. 

"Silence!" Seungho shouted and everyone froze in their positions, he looked directly into Kyungsoo's furious eyes. "Is this how you see me now? A monster who always stops you from doing what you wanted to do? Why? Just because you feel safe here it doesn't mean that you are, just because the wayfarers haven't entered the gate yet it doesn't mean they never will. So why are you so blind to the real world?" Seungho asked coldly. He heaved a heavy sigh before continuing. 

"Out there there's an organization with people like us. But their enemies aren't the dead wayfarers, they are us. People like me. People who were once a part of them, so," Seungho eyed Kyungsoo, "drop your reckless acts and really focus on who will and who won't keep you safe." Then Seungho turned to Yongguk, "Clean up. Once you're all done I'll be outside."

Seungho exit the room again as Yongguk patted Kyungsoo on the arm and spun his head around to catch everyone's attention. "Let's wash up and do what Seungho said." The crowd begin to break from their gathering, as they leave to wash up and clean whip cream and frostings off them. 

Outside, Seungho folded his arms across his chest when he could heard someone coming from behind, stepping on the grass. Hyori folded her arms as she stood beside him a little. "Awe, I guess they won't be safe from now on since you mentioned WWIV to them, outsiders." 

"Why? Are you jealous I didn't mention you as well?" 

Hyori scoffed, "Not at all. I'm just telling you that, in front of another member of WWIV you broke one of WWIV's rule of telling outsiders about the program." 

"I'll have you know that I made sure no cameras was around. And as for someone like you, I'd be sure to finish you off before they come." 

"Ha, make sure you do that because you have a lot more to lose than me." Hyori said and walked away with her arms swinging around in the air. 

Seungho remained still and looked up at the blue sky as Hyori leave. Then when the sun hit his face he dropped his head and watched the bright green grass wave with the wind. 

Yoo Jung was cleaning the cream off of Kyungsoo with a wet rag in the bathroom downstairs. He was sitting on the toilet cover with his hands grabbing onto his legs near his knees. Yoo Jung twist the rag to get the water out then she spun around and tap Kyungsoo's face with it, "Weren't you too harsh to Seungho earlier?" She asked as softly. 

Kyungsoo stared passed her white dress and heaved a heavy sigh, "I don't know.... I keep telling myself that it wasn't his fault.... That whatever happened was not his fault but.... Whenever I see him, all this anger just build up inside of me and I's not sure why...." Kyungsoo explained as Yoo Jung moved to wash the rag again. 

"Maybe you should talk to him again. He said he was in an organization, did you know about that?" 

Kyungsoo realized he didn't get a word what Seungho was saying earlier. "I don't...." He admit and Yoo Jung smack him on the shoulder softly. 

"You bad brother, then it's right to ask him about it right? After all he must have had a reason." She softly explained and Kyungsoo's eyes widen a little. 

"You think he had a reason?" Kyungsoo asked and Yoo Jung nodded with a pout. 

"Seungho.... He's not a bad person. I'm sure he regret what happened but after all this time he's been protecting you and us. I've known from the first time I've seen him, he looked so lonely and then I learn that he had to carry a lot of responsibilities on his shoulders. So maybe you should lighten that weight a little, since you're his older brother after all." She smiled and cupped Kyungsoo's chin, "You can do that right?"

Kyungsoo looked directly into Yoo Jung's bright brown eyes and her soft smile, he smiled and nodded. They exchanged a long and soft smile before she pulled away. "Well, I'll wash myself now-" As she was about to turn away, Kyungsoo grabbed her forearm. 

"No, let me wipe your face for you." He insisted, she smiled and nodded then handed him the rag. 

Zelo and Jun Gyu got done washing themselves at the kitchen sink, they dried themselves down and laughed at each other. Zelo's pale face was red after he pressed down too hard to dry himself. 

Yongguk put on a new white t-shirt which belonged to Seungho's father, as he exit the room he saw CL walking out with her long hair in a bun and her heavy ring earrings swinging back and forth as she moved. She smiled at him and once she came closer to him he flashed her a wide smile. "You look good with your hair up." He complimented and she smiled. 

"Thanks." 

Together they headed down and joined Zelo and Jun Gyu. They waited for the others to finish up. 

In the room Hyori put her hair up into a ponytail as Jenissi, who was done with tiding up, entered the room and looked over to her. "The rest are waiting, are you ready?" He asked, she released a heavy sigh. 

"Almost, mind helping me with something?" She asked and spun her head around. 

"Sure." He said entering the room and stopping behind her. 

"Mind putting this necklace on me?" She asked and handed him a golden necklace. 

"Oh, isn't this mine?" He asked and she chuckled. 

"Yup." He smiled and gently wrapped it around her neck. 

"Wear this and be mine forever." He whispered into her ears as he clipped it, she shivered at the touch of his warm breath and smiled with her teeth showing. Then he wrapped his arms around her and peck her on the cheek. 

Seungho was standing in front of what looked like a door but it's the wall. He saw a lock that needed a key to open, then as he glanced up he noticed a small silver key hanging above the door. He reached for it then pulled its ring off the nail. 

He unlocked it with the key and slowly pulled the door open. Dusts filled his sight and the strong smell of wood washed pass him. He sighed as he saw what was inside. 

Everyone in the house slowly came out to find Seungho. In the open field they saw him dropping chopped logs onto the grass, making a pile. He looked up as they approach and quietly left to get more. Yongguk who was in the front stopped and looked down on the pile before the others follow his action. 

Then from the side Seungho brought over a few more logs and dropped it onto the pile. He clapped his hands together to get rid of the dusts. "Where did you get these?" Yongguk asked and Seungho gestured toward the direction with his head. 

They were now all facing the small storage room hidden within the walls of the house. Inside were shelves fully stocked with lumber, tools, and plastic cover. Seungho shut the door and locked it, then he proceed to the direction of the piled logs and they followed. 

They formed a circle with Yongguk and Jun Gyu standing on either side of Seungho. "What are we going to do with these?" Jun Gyu asked looking to Seungho then Zelo, who was beside him. 

"Listen carefully, everyday from now on I'll assign tasks most fitting for us. If you feel like this place is home then protect it, protect everything and everyone in it." Seungho did a quick scan to see everyone's facial expression, when no one had anything to add to he continued, "Then let's get started. Zelo and I will go out and do some more gathering, whatever else you may need beside clothes and food, let Zelo know." Seungho looked over to Zelo and the man slowly nodded in agreement. "Yongguk will lead Kyungsoo and the new guy with these logs." 

"What can we do with the logs?" Jenissi asked as he stood across from Seungho. 

"Make weapons." Seungho simply replied then turn to Jun Gyu anf Yoo Jung, "You both make sure the place is clean inside. Clean up the mess that was made earlier." They nodded. "CL, practice swinging the bats. Make sure you'll be able to swing them freely and more often. You'll need it if you get stuck in a large crowd somewhere." Seungho said and then as he was about to move away Jenissi stopped him. 

"What about Hyori?" 

Seungho turned his gaze to Hyori then Jenissi, looking him in the eyes. "She'll come with me." 

End of Chapter 25.