[X I I]

The Dead Wayfarers

Heels clicking against the dark gray cement floor; a tall man entered a foggy room limping. In the circle and dimmed room, a unit chair made of black leathered was in the center. Above the chair was a ceiling light, which was responsibled for most of the lightings in the room, and beside the chair was a high glass table and on its surface was a glass box caging in a test tube with purple liquid halfway filled. He walked deeper in and then stood beside the unit chair in which a latter was now visible. 

The younger and heavier weight man was facing one side of the walls. The older man eyes slowly readjusted to the dimness of the room and the fog slowly clears, hence he shared the same sightings as the man in the chair. Half of the room was covered with hundreds of one foot wide and one foot long screens. Of the many hundreds, five were out and one screen was paused by the man in the chair. 

He sighed, "Sergeant Cha, how's the progression on bringing that young man here coming along?" His voice wasn't deep nor husky, it was rather soft and quiet.

The man who was standing beside him identified as Sergeant Cha sighed as he stared into the paused screen. "He's a very vigilant lad. But I'm certain it won't be any time this month." Sergeant Cha reported with his arms hidden behind his back. 

"Hm, you said he was part of WWIV correct?" 

"Yes, I believe his name is Yoo Seungho. He's one of the few survivors." 

"Yoo Seungho?" The man in the chair mimicked then sighed. "He's under the file 'Confederate 102294?' right?"

Sergeant Cha nodded, "Yes. He's one of the wanted WWIV members."

The man in the chair exhaled sharply while keeping his strong gaze on the single screen, "Yoo Seungho...." On the screen just a few strides from him was a paused screen of Seungho, from his chest up, looking directly at the camera, then he turned to the blank screens. "Then those other cameras are his doing?"

"Yes, unfortunately he destroyed the cameras that were installed around his current location as well so it's difficult to track him."

"Is he alone?"

"I believe he's hiding with his brother in the streets of Seoul." 

Sergeant Cha's information brought a chuckle to the man in the chair. "Then what are we waiting for? Kill him and bring this person here." 

"Yes, I've already sent out unit 12, 13, and 15 in search of him." 

Then the man in the chair held up the remote in his lap and played the paused screen. Then he turned up the volume for that screen alone, allowing Sergeant Cha to listen to it. "WWIV, live well until I find you." Seungho said with a short smirked he swing something at the camera and the connection was cut, leaving a buzzing black and white on the screen. The man in the chair turned off the screen.

"Make that six broken cameras." 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Through the dark and breezy night, Kyungsoo was alone taking quick and short strides as he wrapped his arms around his shoulders to keep himself warm. It was going to be a long walk back and he had estimated at least seven hours of walking, especially with his current pace.

The groaning of zombies was disturbing and what made it worst was that Kyungsoo wasn't able to see clearly, all he could pinpoint were slow moving silhouettes. And they were obviously zombies.

When he had a feeling they were closing on him he started jogging until from behind a hand yanked him back. Kyungsoo struggled to pull away thinking it was a zombie but another hand covered his mouth. "Sh!" He heard Yongguk whispered into his ear and caused his heartbeat to race. He thought he was a goner for good when the pull was usually stronger than a zombie's grip.

With sharp eyes, Yongguk dragged Kyungsoo after him as they avoid the zombies that were reaching out their arms and hands to them, hoping to pull them in. When Kyungsoo noticed they were going back to Yesung's house, Kyungsoo dug his toes into the cement stopping Yongguk from dragging him. "Kyungsoo?" Yongguk asked which sounded more like a statement and he could feel the increasing weight as Kyungsoo tried to break free from his grasped. 

"Yongguk release me! I need to go to Seungho!" Kyungsoo shouted in the middle of the road. 

"I told you we'll go find him tomorrow-!"

"NO! It has to be now!" 

"Hey Kyung-!"

"I have a lot of things to say to my brother, let me go!" Kyungsoo shouted and then from behind he felt the hands of a zombie. Kyungsoo screamed as the zombie was pulling him backwards but Yongguk was a lot stronger, he pulled Kyungsoo passed him and then kicked the figure in the dark. 

"Run!" Yongguk shouted and quickly Kyungsoo led Yongguk back toward the direction of Yesung's place. Due to the sudden fear, Kyungsoo sprinted ahead of Yongguk as they raced through the dark night. They haven't gone far, whence they arrived in less than five minutes of sprinting. Kyungsoo quickly opened the gate and let Yongguk in before the man slammed the gate shut, closing out the hungry deads. 

Kyungsoo and Yongguk were panting and scared out of their wits.

Kyungsoo's body begun shaking, he felt weak and exhausted. Yongguk on the other hand was relieved to be alive, after all who would want to get eaten alive. But it was close, in fact too close; Kyungsoo almost died in front of him. 

"Are you alright?" Yongguk finally asked as he was the first to be able to breathe normally again. Kyungsoo tiredly nodded. "Come, let's get some rest so we'll have enough energy to find Seungho later." Yongguk persuaded him. Kyungsoo didn't want to, but because it was dark and he couldn't see a thing, he quietly obliged. 

Inside the two story house, Yongguk napped on the sofa while on the second floor Kyungsoo shut the door to his room and sat on the bouncy bed. Even with plain covers and blankets, the bed was still soft and comfy, thus pulling Kyungsoo into a hasty slumber. 

Morning came and Seungho was woken by the sudden thumping coming from the front porch. Beside Kangin's motionless body, he fell asleep while sitting in one of the wooden chairs, in the dining room. Seungho stood up to check the noise when he noticed CL sleeping on the same couch. 

Then at the door he noticed a zombie was banging itself against the door. It appeared to be a man in his early 30s with torn clothes and the usual dead and raw gray skin. Seungho opened the door and as the zombie noticed his scent it looked as if it was waking up from a long sleep walked, but Seungho kicked it sending it off the porch and falling on its back against the cement.

Once Seungho shut the front door CL sat up from her sleeping position. "What happen?" She asked, 

"It's nothing. Get some more rest-"

"Are you planning to go somewhere? Please don't leave me alone...." CL said softly earning a reassure mellowed smile from the latter. 

"I won't." He said before departing from her and disappeared into the hallway. 

Seungho looked around his parents room and on the floor he spotted Mark's bat. He picked it up then headed into his room and from under his bed, Seungho pulled out a similar bat. Except this time it didn't have a name on its handle, but it was Seungho's bat. 

He recalled their early college years when Mark was in the school's baseball team; he was a fan of sports and he wouldn't rest until he felt he had improved. So, he would have Seungho practiced with him before big games. But Seungho wasn't athletic or sporty, if Seungho and Mark were to stand together in a picture.

Seungho would be the politician who hates sports and Mark would be the athlete that despised hardcore business and political talks. 

His next destination. He had got it figured out. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Yongguk and the rest of the party was up and ready for work, except Yoo Jung whom was slowly getting better. On the bottom floor Hyori was standing near the kitchen beside Kyungsoo and Yongguk, while Jun Gyu and Zelo were laid out on the couch. 

Those two really are alike. 

In a way. A good way.

"We have two things we need to do today." Yongguk begun catching the attention of the whole crew. "We need to find Seungho and two we need to gather some food." 

Zelo sat up in his spot and raised his hand, "Wait, where are we going to look for Seungho?"

"Kyungsoo's positive that he must have gone back to their old house." Yongguk pointed out and Zelo nodded with his jaw slightly opened. 

"Then, who's going to stay here with the girl?" Jun Gyu asked and Yongguk hummed. 

"For now, Jun Gyu and Hyori, you will have to stay behind and look after the house and Yoo Jung. She came down with a fever yesterday so just make sure she gets better. Zelo, Kyungsoo, and I will have to go out for Seungho and gather some more food." Yongguk explained and many nodded as they understood. 

"But, wouldn't that take too long?" Hyori asked catching their focuses. "How far is your old house from here to there?" She questioned holding her hand out in front of Kyungsoo, for him to answer. 

"Maybe half a day walk.... We'll be there some time in the later afternoon."

Hyori hummed then clapped her hands together, "Ah I got it. How about you two go find Seungho and you two go get some food? It'll speed things up a little. And I'll look after the girl." She said gesturing at Zelo and Jun Gyu when she pointed out gathering. Everyone thought for a brief moment then started nodding as they begin to see a successful picture. 

"Then let's do that." Yongguk said then looked to Zelo. "Be extra careful got it?"

Zelo smiled a wide smile, "We will."

Then the two parties left together before they walked down two different lanes. Hyori stood alone in the big house with a sneered on her face as she watched the men leave. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

As Kyungsoo had estimated Yongguk and him arrived at their old house around two in the afternoon. Kyungsoo hurried inside without looking around calling for Seungho eagerly, Yongguk shut the door then the dead body of Kangin's caught his attention and even made him jump a little. He headed over and looked closely at it, he thought it was dead but at the same time he was afraid it will just jumped him. 

"Seungho?" Kyungsoo called as he checked each room. Then as he opened the door to his parents' room, he stepped on broken glass that was shattered across the floor. Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks, eyes widen and then slowly made his entrance. He avoided stepping on large pieces of glass and then he noticed it was the glass from a hand mirror; his mother's hand mirror.

For a moment Kyungsoo panicked when he thought Seungho must have hurt himself after coming there. He was sure Seungho came to their old home, but the evidence were shocking and scary. Broken glass, his headphone string that was torn as if someone cut it with scissors, and then the puddle of dried blood on the carpet. 

But as far as Kyungsoo could detect, no body was seen lying around.

Yongguk viewed the dead man and made a disgusted groan as he moved away from the living center and toward the rooms. Coming from the master room, he heard Kyungsoo, crying. 

Yongguk walked in and stepped on the glass then halted as he scanned the room for any signs of Kyungsoo. He noticed the cry was coming from another room, thus Yongguk walked in further into the room. "Kyungsoo?" He called to see if it was Kyungsoo crying, or was he hearing stuff. 

Then Yongguk noticed the door that kept the other bathroom and master room separated were opened, and with curiousity he approached Kyungsoo's cries. It was a very painful cry; a angry and screaming cry. Inside, Yongguk saw Kyungsoo kneeling on the ground holding and shaking the motionless body of someone who Yongguk couldn't exactly identify. 

The only thing he could uncovered was that the person had red blood hair. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of Chapter 12.