[X I]

The Dead Wayfarers

In an abandoned, worn out, large spacey storage room with two large opened garage doors, Yongguk was sitting with Zelo, Himchan, and two of his other gang members; blond Youngjae and Angel Jongup. It came as no surprise as they all had their hair dyed blond, except their member Himchan. 

One corner was packed with boxes made of wood, oil cans, and other large containers that held something inside each and everyone of them. Across from that were six cots set up in a rectangular pattern; that was where they slept. 

The five men were sitting in a trapezoid, facing one another. Being the leader, Yongguk was sitting on the taller wooden box with caution tape wrapped around it; his right knee was sticking upward with his hand resting on his kneecap. Jongup and Zelo shared a long rectangular wooden box seat; while Himchan was relaxed on a short oil can and Youngjae on a red paint can. Everyone wore black pants and jacket, their shirts varied in colors.

Yongguk's last man was a blond man who entered through the garage door and headed over to them. "Oh Jung Daehyun!" They all greeted him and he had a smile on his face. 

"What's going on?" He asked as he high fived Jongup, fist bumped Himchan, and then sat on the ground next to Youngjae, wrapping his arm around the latter's shoulders. Daehyun dropped the books beside him as Himchan started. 

"How's school today?" He asked and Daehyun simultaneously released a sigh and stuck out his tongue. 

"Hella boring."

"Why?" Yongguk asked this time. Although they're a gang, he wanted his fellow mates to do well in order to build a better and brighter future for themselves. But s didn't look at with that same mindset; thus, no one supported Daehyun and Youngjae when they were students, that's why Youngjae dropped out his second year of high school. And so far Daehyun was in the top when it comes to education within the group.

They can't admit he's one of the smartest just because he attended school, because their genius was no one other than their youngest and tallest, Choi Junhong, preferably Zelo.

Zelo was someone with common sense and knowledge, he was born to lead and master in certain subjects; but he was a boy who have never sat in a class before. 

"There's this-" Daehyun paused then smile, "There are no cute girls at school." He chuckled and the others scoffed and laughed.

"What do you mean girls? You should looking for women!" Himchan said causing the whole group to laugh out loud, except for Yongguk. He smiled and revealed his teeth and gum but his mind was elsewhere, and he couldn't laugh with his pals. 

Kyungsoo ran in with the heated liquid in a plastic bowl and a towel floating up top. Yongguk grabbed the bowl from him and sat it down on the nightstand beside him, then he pulled his sleeves up and placed his hands into the water, drying the rag.

Kyungsoo watched from the side with his large rounded eyes and heart shaped lips, just staring as Yongguk wiped the girl down with the rag. "Seungho isn't here." Kyungsoo spoke up and caught Yongguk's attention. 

"We'll go look for him soon don't worry." Yongguk reassured Kyungsoo then remembered something, "But if he's not here, where else could he be?"

Kyungsoo thought for a moment, "Maybe our old house."

"Where is your old house?" Yongguked asked in a low voice. 

Night approached them quickly moving everyone inside. Zelo and Jun Gyu had their share of adoring the whole house inside and out. The woman was sitting on the cozy sofa, her slim legs crossed, and her hands on her lap. Her jacket was thrown in the seat beside her and she was wearing a white tank top.

Zelo and Jun Gyu joined the woman in the living room as they sat at the other shared seats couch. Zelo sat behind Jun Gyu from the woman's perspective, "So, what's your name?" Jun Gyu were the first to asked and she smiled at him with gentleness. 

"Lee Hyori." She answered and Jun Gyu nodded with a smile. 

"That's a beautiful name." He complimented and she gave him an eye-smile. 

"But, are you two father and son? Since I've tagged along I keep seeing you two together." Hyori mused earning a shy chuckle from Jun Gyu. 

"He's too good looking to be my son." Jun Gyu said turning to Zelo while rubbing his hands. Zelo just smiled since he wasn't sure what to say. All he knew was that she was extremely beautiful now that he had the chance to face her up closer. 

During midnight, Zelo and Jun Gyu had came across some more can food stocked at the corner of the bottom cabinet near the sink. It was corn soup for dinner; there were no utensils around except for two large spoon in which one was given to Hyori alone while the guys shared the other.

Once they were full, Zelo and Jun Gyu slept in the master bedroom, Hyori in the room which was meant for Kyungsoo's parents. As the other three were knocked out, Kyungsoo had fallen asleep while leaning against the wall and sitting near the corner in the same room as Yoo Jung and Yongguk.

Yongguk tucked Yoo Jung in and headed downstairs when her fever had gone done a notched. He was carrying the bowl of water as he walked into the kitchen, right when he poured the water into the sink the lights begin flickering, stopping him from continuing. 

After a few more flicks, the lights were stabled and it was still as bright as new. 

Yongguk finished downstairs and shut off the lights, then upstairs he entered the room where he had left Kyungsoo and Yoo Jung. To his surprise, Kyungsoo was gone from his spot. Yongguk checked the bathroom and when Kyungsoo was not in there, he hurried to the other rooms; even his own room was left empty.

Yongguk headed back downstairs and switched the lights on by the stair, he checked all the rooms on the bottom floor as well. "Kyungsoo?" Yongguk called in his normal tone trying not to wake the others. Then he noticed something moving outside, he squinted and slowly approached the front door, and through the window he saw Kyungsoo. 

The latter slowly opened the gate and when he was confident it was safe enough, he stepped out of the gates and then slowly shut it. Yongguk's eyes widen and a sudden warm wave washed over him, leaving him both afraid and dumbfounded. Yongguk turned the unlocked door knob and then shut it before running down the two steps and chased after Kyungsoo. 

Warning: Graphics and gore.

In Seungho's right hand was a kitchen knife in which used to be his mother's favorite. She always bragged about how well how cooking was when she was holding that specifically knife. Kangin's zombied body was tied on the dining table top and Seungho stood behind his head. And with one swing Seungho cut off the top half of Kangin's head, blood splurted out and sprayed across Seungho's clothes. He peeled the dead's head and removed the whole piece of skull, revealing the right side of its brains.

The brains screamed a dead black color covered with some stinky juice.

Seungho stepped to the side closest to Kangin's heart. He was still and trying to steal a bite of Seungho but the ropes around him and the table were too strong. Seungho exhaled slowly before placing the blade over its chest and then stabbed the heart.

It didn't die. 

It kept in motioned.

Then Seungho headed back toward the top of its head and jammed the knife into the brains. Instantly it stopped moving and became mute. Seungho left the knife in its brains then turned toward the approaching figure, it was the woman.

After getting some rest she was curious as to what Seungho was doing and when she noticed the state of them all she could do was eyed Seungho. "D-did you...? Aren't you afraid of them?" She asked, her voice was husky but feminine.

Seungho ignored her question and was out of sight as he left toward the kitchen. Then in less than a minute he returned holding a white rag, he then walked over and pulled the knife from its brain causing the woman to jumped a little when the sound gave her goosebumps. He wiped the knife with the rag and looked down at it, the color marked on the cloth was a pitched black.

Blood is usually the color red. But a zombie's brains leaked a dark color, a color near black. 

"I'm CL by the way." The woman introduced herself slowly but Seungho didn't stopped moving around the zombie, when he headed to its right side and yanked the hair pin from its mouth. "I heard you called for someone, who was he?"

Seungho finally stopped in his tracks and looked up at the woman who locked eyes with him. "How long have you been in here?" 

The woman was surprised by his slightly husky voice but quickly gathered her thoughts, "I just happened to see you from across the street and followed you.... Then I heard you calling for that certain somebody-"

"Kyungsoo." Seungho answered when he felt she was beating around the bush and dragging a useless introduction. Curiousity filled her eyes and Seungho knew that was the cue for him to continue, "He's my older brother." Seungho said before wiping the hairpin on a cleaner side of the same rag. This time it was the color of red. 

"Did something happen to him?" She asked when Seungho finished wiping off the pin, then she noticed him standing in place, no motion whatsoever.

Until he lifted his head up and sighed, "What's your story? Why did you help me?" Seungho ultimately asked as he set everything down, freeing his hands. CL was confused for a brief moment then she started, 

"If you lost your brother then I want to apologize beforehand.... I just lost my loved one and sister too so I know how it feels." She said gently and slightly depressed. 

"You don't know how it feels." Seungho bluntly stated causing her to look up, "He's not dead. We're just separated." 

"Separated?"

Seungho turned his back to her wanting to avoid any further discussion. But her following question surprised him even more, "Do you.... Shall we be allies?"

Allies.

Alliance. 

To build an alliance meant two things for Seungho: protection or betrayals. He turned to face the woman again, trying to read her intentions. Was she not afraid that he just cut up his enemy like it was nothing? Was she not afraid the same can happen to her? Was she that scared that she would ask him for an alliance? When he appeared as a dangerous person to be around with? Although her actions left more questions than answers, there was something he was sure of. 

She was not a member of WWIV.

"A partnership between the two of us. Let's do it." He said and a relieved smile was drawn across her face.

Since that was taken care of, the only thing Seungho wanted to focus on right now is finding Kyungsoo. He knew his brother was out there somewhere since there were no trace of death brought among any of the other crew.

Seungho wanted to find Kyungsoo because there's still many things he wanted to tell him and teach him. 

Kyungsoo wanted to find Seungho because he was all that Kyungsoo had; whether it's friend or family. Kyungsoo was dying on the inside, still sadden by the words he had used against Seungho, and sadden by the look on Seungho's face before he left Kyungsoo. 

And alone on a breezy night on the streets of Seoul, Kyungsoo was traveling alone. 

Even if he had to turned while trying to see Seungho again, he was willing to do so. 

Thus he set out on foot alone, unarmed and vunerable. 

End of chapter 11.