[X X V I I]

The Dead Wayfarers

Zelo dragged Seungho into a small building nearby, where he leaned the man against the wall and locked the door. Zelo dropped on his knees beside Seungho, his face still wet with sweat and tears, "Seungho, Seungho get up." Zelo shook Seungho a little until he slowly opened his eyes, a wave of relief washed over him. "Seungho can you see me?" 

Seungho looked around the room then to the worried man beside him. He humed in response and saw a smile formed on the younger man's lips. "How long was I out?" Seungho asked weakly as he touched the cut on his head. 

"Not that long." Zelo answered and shook his head at the same time. They both stared at Seungho's blood stained hand, Zelo took off the jacket he's been wearing, "Here put this over it." He said and handed Seungho the jacket. Seungho slapped his offer away and grabbed onto his shoulder then pushed himself up, sliding up the wall against the wall. "Seungho! You're bleeding, you shouldn't get up-" Zelo tried to persuade Seungho not to move but the latter ignored his worried call. 

They stood together, Zelo's shoulder supporting Seungho's heavy hand. "Is there water?" Seungho asked with his eyes shut, trying not to show Zelo the pain that was eating around his cut and the cuts around his thigh, made by the shattered glass of the tubes. 

"W-water?" Zelo looked around the room, "There's nothing here, I'll run across the road to the market and grab you some wa-"

"Nevermind." Seungho forced the heavy and burden words out of his mouth. He was exhausted and sleepy. "G-give me a few minutes to regain my strenght." Seungho said and Zelo nodded. Seungho dropped his hand from the taller man and leaned against the walls to catch his breath. 

About thirty minutes later Seungho removed his jacket which was now stained with his own blood, he was sitting on the cold ground while Zelo kept watch. Seungho could feel the glass piercing into his skin, he wanted to take them out but didn't want to worry the younger man. "I-is it safe to go out?" Seungho asked which startled the latter and he jumped a little before spunning around. 

"Oh, are you feeling any better Seungho?" Zelo begin taking steps toward the man who was slowly standing up, using the wall to balance him once again. He helped Seungho to his feet and noticed the man limped once or twice. "Does your leg hurt?" Zelo asked, Seungho forced him a reassuring smile. 

"No, just cramps from sitting too long." 

Zelo didn't think anything else after hearing that, as he helped the older man to the front of the building. "I think majority of them followed the truck, Hyori probably headed back home already." Zelo said. Seungho froze in his tracks, did Zelo really believe that Hyori had no intention of running them over? Hearing Hyori's name made him angry, had his adrenaline going, and all of a sudden the burning of his cuts faded. 

Seungho put his jacket on and walked to the door, Zelo was surprised to see his changed of actions, Seungho pulled out his gun. "Let's grab what we need and go." Seungho said in a cold voice, different from his smile from earlier. 

He pulled the door open and led the younger man across the street once more. Seungho stomped on the piles of dead wayfarers blocking the door, Zelo had to duck a little to make it through without hitting his head on the top of the door. 

Seungho noticed the shelves Hyori had cleared. She took enough that could feed fifty people in one whole day. Zelo begin packing the goods into new bags, double bagging them in case one ripes along the way. 

Seungho stood in front of the candy section, scanning for one in particular. Hersheys. He reached over to grab once until he noticed another kind next to it, the Scorched Rice Candy bags. They were Mark's favorites, the lad used to always bring them to school for lunch and 'lend' Seungho some. But Seungho never liked sweets, he was not a sweet-tooth like Mark and Kyungsoo. 

Seungho grabbed a bag as Zelo came behind him, "Oh, it's Yongguk's favorites!" Zelo said with much excitement. Zelo grabbed the bag that was under the one in Seungho's hand and looked at it, flipping it from front to back and vice versa. "Oh-ho, Yongguk would be happy to see this." Zelo said and toss it in the bag around his forearm. 

Once Zelo left to look around for some more goodies, Seungho dropped the bag back into its original place, then shoved the Hershey into his pocket. 

Zelo was carrying six large and fully stocked bags of food and materials, from utensils to gloves and mittens. Seungho had one bag in his hand and kept his other hand holding around a gun, making sure no zombie could attack them without being blown away. 

Upon their arrival to the front house, Seungho stopped and turned around. It was getting heavy and hot for Zelo as he fell behind. Once he came closer, Seungho decided to scout the area. The truck Hyori had driven was not around. Then near the gate he saw a zombie, it groaned and approached him slowly. 

Seungho walked over and smacked its head with the gun, knocking it to the ground. Then he stomped on the head, smashing it into pieces; letting the dead blood flow out slowly. Zelo stopped beside Seungho and looked down on it, Seungho could hear his heavy breathing. 

Then they took a few steps closer to the gate, in which Seungho pushed it open and waited on the side for Zelo to go first. As Zelo took a step forward with a wide smile, Seungho noticed a zombie hidden behind the tall man, reaching out to grab him. "Duck!" Seungho exclaimed, Zelo's eyes widen and turned around. The dead woman placed both arms around Zelo's neck and pulled him in for the bite, before she came any closer Seungho stuck his gun in, in between them and the zombie bit onto it. 

Zelo screamed in horror and dropped the heavy bags immediately, then he tried to push the woman away as her bit tightens around Seungho's gun. Seungho pulled his gun inward, spinning the head of the woman in unison, then he slapped the gun, pushing it deeper into the woman's mouth. He separated them by pushing Zelo to the ground pushed his gun deeper, then he made a click twist of his wrist, twisting the zombie's head. 

Zelo fell to the ground with a grunt and then Seungho couldn't help but pulled the trigger, blasting a hole through the back of the woman's mouth. He wanted to finish her off without sounding his gun, but he had grown impatient. 

Another zombie came from around the corner and tried to grab Zelo who was on the ground. Seungho turned around just to see it in time, but someone already got it. It was Yongguk, he had rushed out with a sharp log and stabbed it through the head of it. 

Yongguk pulled the thick stick from its head and got on one knee next to Zelo, "Are you alright?" He asked as he wrapped his hands around Zelo, ready to pull him up. He could see the horror in Zelo's eyes. The horror he once had, when he had witnessed the invasion and death of the other members. Yongguk remember that look in his eyes. 

Seungho watched them in silence, just then everyone begin flooding out all at once. They first looked at Seungho, then begin to circle around Zelo after seeing a zombie next to him and Yongguk. 

Jenissi dropped the last bags of the goods onto the counter while Yoo Jung and CL unpacked them, storing them up in the cabinents and all around. Yongguk and Jun Gyu sat on both sides of Zelo, keeping him from shaking from the sight, just one more second then he could have lost his life. 

Kyungsoo was standing outside with Seungho, he watched as the man shut the door after Jenissi had taken in the last bag. Upon his intention to head inside, Kyungsoo stopped him. "Will Zelo be okay?" 

Seungho wanted to say 'yes' but he wasn't Zelo. In fact, he for some reason can't feel the fear Zelo must have felt. All he knew for sure was that he would have never reacted the way the younger man did. Then again, Zelo was still young and fearful. Seungho hummed in response to Kyungsoo's answer. 

"Are you okay then?" Kyungsoo asked. Seungho flashed him a lopsided smile. 

"Hm." 

Kyungsoo looked into Seungho's eyes, and smiled, revealing his teeth, "I'm happy you came back." 

"Yeah, I'm back." Seungho said in a soft voice, earning a short laughter from Kyungsoo. 

"What to do? This is awkward, you should talk more." Kyungsoo suggested. Seungho heaved a low sigh then reached into his pocket, pulling out the Hershey bar. Kyungsoo slowly pulled it from between the latter's fingers then looked up once more, "I'm not a kid anymore, you don't have to bring me these if it's only a burden to you." 

"It's not a burden." Seungho bluntly replied, Kyungsoo's smile faded after hearing both the blunt and coldness in Seungho's voice. He mutted his lips together, building the courage to ask Seungho once and for all. 

"S-Seungho.... There's something I've always been curious about." Kyungsoo started, avoiding Seungho's eyes. Seungho could see Kyungsoo crumbling the wrappers of the candy bar, he knew the question Kyungsoo had in mind was a fear of his. Not Seungho, but Kyungsoo can become even more afraid of Seungho's reasons for certain acts. 

He knew Seungho didn't kill Mark, but he was desperate for an answer. Afterall, Mark was like a brother to them. 

"It's about Mark...." Kyungsoo started then trail off when he couldn't complete his question. He was afraid Seungho would be offended, that he would take it the wrong way, that he would once again, run away. 

"What about Mark?" Seungho asked, this time catching a glimpse of Kyungsoo's round and bewildered eyes. 

"Did you.... Did you by any chance.... Know how Mark died...?" 

"I do."

Kyungsoo locked eyes with Seungho this time, he waited for Seungho to finish. To answer to his question and to finally put him out of his misery if possible. But Seungho did not answer his question, at least not for a few minutes to come. 

Instead Seungho did the unexpected, where he took a step closer to Kyungsoo, and pulled the latter in for a hug. Squishing the candy bar in between them, Kyungsoo could feel Seungho's hands crasping his shoulders. Kyungsoo's mouth was up against Seungho's shoulder and half his lowered face was covered. Kyungsoo held tightly around the candy bar between them. 

"Would you believe me if I said he died because of me?" Seungho asked. He could feel Kyungsoo's tensing up in his hold. Seungho's lips turned pale, when the cut in his thigh had reopened after he had to take heavy and fast steps earlier to save Zelo from the zombie attack. 

"W-why?" Kyungsoo asked in a trembling voice. 

"Y-you can forgive me right?" Seungho asked, Kyungsoo noticed Seungho's voice had grown lower. He sounded weak and drowsy. 

"Seungho, you-" Kyungsoo tried to push Seungho away to face him, but the younger tighten his hold, exhaling a hot and painful breath over Kyungsoo's shoulders. 

"Forgiveness, all I ask for is forgiveness." 

Kyungsoo suddenly felt the depressed and gloomy atmosphere, "Seungho, what are you talking about?" Kyungsoo asked, then on his shoulder he felt water drops. 

Seungho was crying. 

For the first time, in front of him. 

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo." 

And with that Seungho had lost all conciousness, his arms fell from the strong hold around Kyungsoo, and he dropped to the ground without any warning. Kyungsoo was about to kneal down beside Seungho when he noticed blood around Seungho's head and leaking through his pants, "Yongguk!" Kyungsoo called for help. 

Then he dropped to Seungho's side, "Seungho what's wrong?!" 

End of Chapter 27.