[X V]

The Dead Wayfarers

Yongguk and Kyungsoo was lying on the tiles beside one another with their feet holding against the door. The sound of banging and slamming against the wooden door was heard coming from the other side of he door. Yongguk and Kyungsoo clenched their teeth and the door shut. The of the dead grew every hour and the two men were getting tired and exhausted from all the pushing.

The walls revealed some cracking; the door was being kicked down thus the pressure created some cracks. "Ah! What the hell?! I thought I shut the door, how did they get in?!" Yongguk grunted aloud, Kyungsoo couldn't hear him clearly due to all the pounding and groanings. "Ah! Kyungsoo, find something to smash that window, it's our only way out!" Yongguk shouted to him but Kyungsoo remained lying beside him. 

"It's too small! We won't fit!" Kyungsoo called back and Yongguk turned to his side and took a look at the window. It was indeed too small for any adult human being to use as an escape route. "Wait, I have a better idea." Kyungsoo shot up to his feet and looked around him, he noticed a hammer on the ground and grabbed a hold of it. Then he headed toward the tub and punching holes on the walls using the hammer's head.

Yongguk was left to fend all alone but he was doing a good job with it. 

Kyungsoo broke the last piece of wall and it led to his room, his bed right in front of him passed the walls. "Yongguk, hurry!" Kyungsoo called. Right when Yongguk was about to get up, the door fell over, pouring zombies all over the man. "NO!" Kyungsoo screamed. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho and CL were still sitting in the restaurant while CL shared her story, "My parents didn't approve of my and Minzy's relationship.... However...." CL sniffled before continuing, "And then she was just taken.... Right before my eyes too and it was-strange. It was a really strange feeling. I didn't feel any pain or grief. It was like, I was used to it. I saw my sisters bitten and turned, then my parents, grandparents, friends, and strangers. Minzy was the love of my love but-" CL stopped as she wiped her tears. "Ah sorry, I thought I wasn't going to cry but for some reason I'm getting emotional." She apologized and chuckled a little to find comfort. 

Seungho listened quietly. 

CL blew out a breath of air. "How about you? I know you had a brother who got separated from you.... What happened?" She asked softly, but Seungho only showed her a half smile and kept his eyes off her. "I find it easier to share problems with someone who has gone through similar events. You should give it a try to, it'll make you feel much better." She encouraged him, yet he didn't budge. "Should we change the topic?" 

"We got separated because I couldn't protect him." Seungho begin and CL listened attentively. "I couldn't protect him and I put him in danger." Seungho ended quickly. 

"But when I saw you, you were doing very well.... Protecting yourself from the zombies." She noted but the man ignored her kind words. 

"Wayfarers." He said with a slight smile this time while facing her, she blinked a few times in confusion. 

"Huh?"

"Wayfarers. Dead Wayfarers, that's what they're called." He explained calmly. CL's mouth was shaped like an "o" as she nodded and took in his information handsomely. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

The tall man kneel before Sergeant Cha, receiving slaps and punches. "You?! You, Kim Woobin?! How did-! Why can't I trust anyone to handle Yoo Seungho?! Is he that good? He was just a student in college, what happened?! How did you let him get away with killing Jongsuk and Dambi and then harming you?!" Sergeant Cha slapped the man across his face, causing him to fall over this time. "Explain yourself!" 

The man with cuts and bruises got back on his knees and apologized right away. "Please give me another chance! I'll make sure he pay for his actions! Sir!" 

"Pay for his actions? Why don't you pay for yours first you bastard?" The man asked hissing at the younger latter, then he sighed sharply and glared toward the top of the head of the man. "If you fail me again, I'll turn you into a cold one." Sergeant Cha threatened and the man nodded. "Now get out of my sight." He demanded, the man bowed a little then got up and exit the room; made of steel. 

Sergeant Cha turned to a television set at the corner of the room. It was paused with Seungho looking directly at the camera, the man sighed and left the room as well. 

Woobin slicked his black hair back in the bathroom while looking at himself in the mirror, and then pulled out a test tube with purple liquid, he popped the lid open and brought it to his nose. He inhaled it with one heavy sniffed and slowly his foamed bubbles formed over his wounds, and in a blink of an eye his cuts were almost completely healed. 

He dropped the empty tube into the trash can and smooth his fingertips over his face. He smirked when he was satisfied with the feel, "That old lion, he think he can mess up this handsome face? Why is someone like him still alive." He scoffed to himself. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Morning approached the undisturbed Seoul. Seungho and CL were ready to head back to his current stay. Seungho stashed his belt with knives he had gathered from the kitchen. His gun case, which was still attached to his belt, was empty. 

CL, on the other hand, had two bats in her gripped and a knife locked around her right knee. 

Behind the glass door, a group of six zombies, wayfarers, had gathered behind it. CL tried to avoid looking at them when Seungho had no problem staring at them. Once he had two knives in hand and four around his waist, he gestured for CL to get ready.

CL grabbed ahold of the knobs on the door while Seungho picked up both of his knives into midair, he nodded and CL pulled the door open. The first zombie came at him and he stabbed it right on the top of its head, then another and this time CL swung her bat toward the head of another that was behind the one Seungho was going for. 

The zombie's head was smashed in from the side and dropped to the ground. She gasped and took a few steps back then Seungho turned toward her direction. "Let's go." He said and she nodded before following him and it didn't take long for them to attract zombies while running down the streets. 

They were at least a block down the road when they could see the house. Seungho kicked the closest zombie coming at him while CL took the lead toward the house. CL kicked the door open and held it open while calling out to Seungho, Seungho came in and turned around, shutting the door immediately while CL took a few steps back; giving him room to do so.

Then the sight they saw were shocking, CL screamed when a crowd of zombies were coming through from the hallway. She grabbed a hold of Seungho's sleeve, "H-how did they get in?!" She asked in a loud and husky voice. 

"I'll handle it, you just stay here and keep the door from the wayfarers outside." Seungho said and without thinking, CL nodded quickly. Seungho tighten his grip around the two bloody knives then stepped forward. He stabbed one, then two, then three zombies in the head all at the same time. Dead bodies dropping and piling around him. 

When the numbers was growing and he couldn't handled them all at once, he kicked the first zombie, building a zombies domino with them. They fell over together and landed on their backs. With only five zombies left, out of the tweleve, Seungho walked over and kneel beside their lying bodies. Then with one stab, he stab each and every one of the zombies right through the brains.

Seungho stood up and caught his breath, glad that it was over. But he noticed something strange, the dead body of Kangin was gone. As if someone had wiped the body off the table; it was no where in sight. 

CL was relieved when she thought it was over. 

However, something else caught Seungho's attention; a single groaning of a dead was heard to his right. Seungho spun his head slowly and the sight shocked him. 

Mark. 

Mark was dead and walking. He was dead and making those noises that can't be described. He was dead and hungry for human flesh. 

Seungho's eyes suddenly got teary as the zombie was slowly making his way to Seungho. 

"Mark." Seungho said under his breath, both horrified and in disbelief. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of Chapter 15