[X X X]

The Dead Wayfarers

Seungho woke up to a bright and sunny day. He pushed the door open with his spiritless body, the bright light burning his eyes creating nothing but whiteness in his vision. He covered the bright light as his eyes slowly readjust just to scan the quiet surrounding. Not one sign of life or death was spotted. Seungho took another step just to tumble forward and fell to the ground, his left arm balancing himself as he shook his head. 

He heard the creaking sound made by a gate being pushed back and forth. Seungho spun his head to the side and saw that the gate was indeed opened. A wave of worries clouded his mind and heart. He was finally able to stand up some time later, just to walk toward the gate slowly. 

The sight before him wasn't exactly pretty. 

Zombies had flooded the area, both in and out of the two story building. Seungho's eyes widen a little at the sight. On the ground he saw his bat lying across the stampled grasses and not far he noticed a shirt which belonged to Yongguk. 

His eyes were focused on a single rope hanging from the second floor window to the ground. There were some blood stain on it. 

Seungho started to wonder how long has it been since he's been knocked out. He pieces together the left behind items, it appears the crew must have taken off after the large crowd of dead wayfarers attacked, or they were inside, but dead. 

Whatever really happened. He needed to find out. He needed to find Kyungsoo. He needed to find the others. 

Seungho grabbed the bat on the grass. From around the open field, the dead wayfarers seemed to have noticed him. Their familiar groans increased as a holler to their kind that food is near. Seungho tried to stay awake and keep this vision clear. As a wayfarer was getting too close, he swang the bat mercilessly. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Yongguk pulled the heavy metal used as walls open, Kyungsoo, Yoo Jung, and CL hurried in and he got in as Woobin charged after them with a large slow crowd of zombies just behind him. Woobin slammed against the metal wall as Yongguk pulled the opening shut. 

The man grunted and tried to open it himself. "! Get them on the other side!" He called out to his peers. Three men hurried around the building toward the front to surround them. In the dark building, Kyungsoo led them upstairs into a smaller room. 

Below they could hear the opening of doors coming from the front. 

Yongguk was the last to get into the room as he slammed the door shut and locked the lock. Inside the dark room, they could hear each other's endless panting and could smell one's sweat. Yongguk was especially worried about Kyungsoo and Yoo Jung. 

All of a sudden, they had to leave Seungho behind whether he wasa dead or alive, because the people who's been after Seungho had decided to show up, led by Hyori. 

It has been exactly two days when they take turns guarding Kyungsoo from zombies reach from outside the room that Seungho was locked in. The attack came unexpectedly. After a few minutes of successfully bringing Kyungsoo's inside to eat a little, the dead wayfarers poured in and broke in, forcing the crew upstairs. In which they used the rope to climb down. 

That was when someone shot a bullet at them, hitting Jun Gyu on the leg and his blood stained the rope. At the bottom, Zelo, Jenissi, and Jun Gyu were forced to runaway first to distract the group of zombies. But as they left the gates, people snuck them into a large truck parked just a few steps away. 

Yongguk had taken off his shirt for CL to use as she climbed down the hairy rope. As they were running away, CL distracted the closest zombie by throwing one of the bats at it. 

On the bottom floor they could hear the men looking for them. Banging their own weapons against the walls, trying to scare the four from hiding. Instead they begin to retreat when the large group of zombies were starting to move in around the building. 

"! Go! Go! Go!" Woobin cried to his pals and together they rushed out from the building. Leaving the four clueless upstairs. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Warning: ual Contents

A man removed the bag over Zelo's head, the younger boy stared coldly into the man's eyes, breathing angrily with his hands and legs tied together. "I guess she was right. 102294 was with a good looking crowd." The man said as he looked over to the man next to him. The latter chuckled. 

"Not just good looking, y too." 

The man in front of Zelo smiled widely, "What do you say beautiful?" The man touched Zelo's chin and the young man whip his head away. The man heaved an angry sigh, remove the bags!" He demanded. His man ripped the bags from Jenissi and Jun Gyu's head as well. 

"Zelo!" Jun Gyu called, Zelo turned around to face the old man. He noticed the colors was completely drained from Jun Gyu's face. He remembered Jun Gyu taking a bullet in his leg, and they seemed to have noticed. 

The man grabbed Zelo by the chin and whipped his face closer to the man, "Look here pretty boy, if you don't want us to hurt your old grandpa over here, you better ride me in front of them." He threatened, Zelo couldn't understand what he mean. Before he could resist the man pulled him in for a deep kiss. Jun Gyu and Jenissi were more shocked than Zelo. 

Zelo broke the unexpectedly sick kiss and spat at the man. "The you sicko!" Zelo shouted. The man wiped his face and backhand Zelo to the side, then with one heavy stomp he stepped on Jun Gyu's wounded leg. The old man cried in pain. 

"Jun Gyu!" Zelo called. The enemy continue to step and twist the bottom of his hard shoes on Jun Gyu's leg. "Stop you prick!" Zelo cried, then he spun himself around and kicked the man across the inside of the truck. He fell back and stood up angry. 

"! Bring that over here!" The man declared, his partner, a more muscular and younger man grabbed ahold of Zelo's legs and begin pulling. Jenissi and Zelo kicked the man nonstop, he grunted and tried to kick back. When they succeeded in pulling Zelo toward the enemy, the man tried to tear up Zelo's clothes to reveal his firm thin body. 

The young man struggled. 

"Zelo! Zelo! Ah!" Jun Gyu cried as the man's helper stepped on the same area his friend had stepped on earlier. Jenissi cursed and swear as he kicked crazily at the man. But the only only got on top of him and did the same, he begin removing his clothes. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho brushed his hair back with force. As he stood alone on the second floor with countless bodies lying all around him. His heartbeat was beating rapidly as he became angry. He took in heavy breath just to scream his lungs out in agony. His loud screams echoed throughout the whole quiet two stories house. As he screamed, he cried. 

Releasing anger, sadness, suffering, and torment that had built up over time.

Seungho swung his bat violently against the wall. Then against the stairs railing he smashed the whole side off onto the first floor. He took in a deep breath and screamed once more as loud and as long as he possible could. 

Then below he heard someone running toward the second floor. He saw Hyori, she stopped near the steps. Seungho's vision was red. He could not see right. He could not think right. Only the thoughts of killing and breaking clouded his mind. 

"Seungho...." She said softly. 

Seungho lifted the bat and as he was about to throw it, someone shot him from beside Hyori. He noticed it was Woobin, a gun in hand. The bullet pierced through Seungho's left shoulder. Seungho fell to one knee and supported himself with his bitten right arm from meeting the floor with his body. 

Woobin appeared from behind the staircase, "102294, it's time to come with us." He said. Seungho coughed out some blood. Seungho let out an amused chuckle which caught Woobin off guard. 

Go with them. Going with them meant he won't be able to see Kyungso any time soon. He doesn't even know where his brother is. It amused him. 

Dead wayfarers had become the world's population, yet people are still killing one another to prove they still hold some sort of authority over the live. Seungho was really amused by that mindset. Organization or not, he just wanted to stop being labeled as a member of it. He just wanted to spend his unknown remaining days with those he cherished. Yet, strangers keep pulling them apart. 

Seungho let out an insane chuckle. 

"Hey, 102294, are you laughing?" Woobin asked. 

Maybe in the end.

He wasn't annoyed that others relied on him. He was annoyed that others was ignorant of whether he wanted to be hold accountable for being reliable or not. 

Did he ask to become a part of a monsterous group?

Did he ask to lead others?

Did he ask to be tracked down by strangers?

The answers to all three were No. 

What he asked for, was a stable home for his friends and family. 

But when no one had answered to his request, he thought it was just ridiculous. He had answered to so many prayers, yet not one person granted him his.

Because only he can grant his own wish. 

"Go with you?" Seungho asked looking up to Woobin. "Maybe next time if you and I both survive this fall." Seungho said, and without warning he charged forward and together they rolled, flipped, and was tossed down the stair. Hyori leaped out of the way as they ended at the bottom of the stair together. 

Unconcious.

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho remembered hearing a man's voice. An unfamiliar man's voice. "What? He has the antidote inside of him?" A light shone in front of his face. But beside that he was knocked out again. 

A hand pushed Seungho forward. "Get moving!" A man demanded. The bright and sunny sun beamed against him, and as he's been in the dark for too long, the sudden brightness burned his eyes. 

Seungho readjusted shortly after, just to see hundreds of unfamiliar faces. In front of him was a road made of rocks, from behind two men continue to shove him forward. "Move your feet person!" 

Seungho wanted to turn around and smack the man when the other to his opposite side pushed him as well. "Didn't you hear the man? Move it!" 

Behind a large heavy metal gate, Seungho was exposed to something he had never seen before. He could only tell what it was from looking at history textbooks. 

A refuge camp. People of men and women from ages sixteen to fifty were gathered, living in tents. The two men pushed Seungho in and shut the gate. Some people who were passing by noticed his entrance and watched with special attention. 

Seungho was dressed in black jeans, black t-shirt, and jacket. His own clothes had been removed and replaced. Seungho turned around, almost hitting the gate doors with his nose. He spun his head back around and saw that the number of people who were curious about him had increased. 

It took Seungho less than a minute to know where he was. 

WWIV's base. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of Chapter 30. End of Season 1/Book1.

Link to Season 2/Book 2 HERE.