[V I]

The Dead Wayfarers

-Week before apocalypse continue....-
Yesung pulled at Seungho's arm, "Come on, get up." He demanded as he stood up first. Seungho was dumbfounded and remained seated as Yesung finally managed to pulled him up. "Let's join the crowd, hurry." Yesung insisted and continued pulling Seungho, but the young latter dug the grass with his toes.

"I already said I'm not going, I'm not a party person!" Seungho shouted but Yesung laughed, amused by his short temper. 

"Who said you have to be a party person to watch others party? Come on." Yesung continued pulling and in a matter of seconds he was able to drag the latter behind him, as they approach the big celebration with more than one hundred people. The people were from ages five to late fifties from what Seungho saw. 

People were surrounding music, in the center of everyone was a stage and people were performing. Yesung pushed his way through the crowd toward the front gently, excusing himself, and bowing to a few people along the way. Seungho kept his gaze forward, toward the purpose of the cheering and noises.

Yesung came to a halt in his steps with Seungho beside him; the two were equal in height and size. The unknown band on the small stage thanked the crowd before leaving and before Seungho could get a grip of what was going on, they saw Kyungsoo walk on stage. Yesung were ones of the few who cheered before the whole crowd do.

Kyungsoo readjust the mic stand then clear his throat. "Testing, testing." He begun and more people cheered. "Ah thank you everyone for being here. We're all here today because it's Yoojin's birthday, ah happy birthday." Kyungsoo congratulated a girl in her early 20s and she was beautiful with her pale skin and long wavy dark brown hair. She was standing near the front of the crowd and she had a big smile on her face. "Our Yoojin is 23 this year and as friends and my sister-in-law, we have prepared a duet for you. My oldest brother Yesung and I." Kyungsoo said smiling to Yesung and Seungho.

Yesung ran toward the stage and hopped on stage, then he grabbed the mic that was laid against the wooden floor. "Ah yes, my dear Yoojin. I've known you for six years and through College we've became husband and wife with our handsome Jonghyuk. So I prepared this duet with Kyungsoo and we hope you'll like it. Happy Birthday!" Yesung shouted with a smile and got the crowd cheering again. 

Seungho crossed his arms and was about to turn back and leave but Yesung and Kyungsoo stopped him. "Everyone, you all know our baby brother right?" Yesung asked.  

"Yoo Seungho!" Kyungsoo cheered and Yesung chuckled. 

"Yeah and he's here, and he's trying to runaway. So please stop him because I have something important I want to say after this duet."

People around him spotted him immediately and Seungho turned back around, slightly annoyed written all over his face. 


(Reminiscence)

Once they finished they bowed and the crowd cheered again. "Ah I have something to announce before I sing another song." Yesung said and Kyungsoo moved over and placed a hand on his shoulder, revealing a wide smile. "Yoojin." Yesung said and looked directly in front of him, she had her hands clapsed over to hide her delighted smile. "You know the house you've always wanted?" Yesung asked and she nodded, earning a shy chuckle from him, "Well it's finished. So let's move there together with everyone." He said and gained awes from the audience. "Then I'll sing one more song." He smiled and Kyungsoo headed off stage, toward Seungho's direction. 


(Blind)

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho left the back door opened, then headed for the larger stack. As he removed them one by one he quickly headed back toward the kitchen, opening the fridge, and letting out the foul scent. Then on the counter he grabbed two kitchen knifes, both the same size. It would have been easier to just blast the zombies' heads off, but a gun would be too loud and he didn't have it on him. 

Back at the front door, zombies begin crowding and pushing in again. Seungho grabbed a few cans of coconut milk and walked toward the front; he stabbed them on the top and poured the juice out near the door. He continued to do so until a was heard from behind.

A zombie of a teenage boy with blood stained on his clothes approached Seungho, holding his arms out and ready to grabbed Seungho. But the latter wasted no time and stabbed the zombie right in the center of his temple, then let it dropped to the ground. Seungho unlocked the front door and walked toward the back door. Then the zombies made their way in. Some slipped on the milk but some walked right over the others.

Seungho stabbed a zombie with its back turned to him as it couldn't smell him. The raw and rotten smell was still fresh on Seungho, tricking the zombies into thinking he wasn't there. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Past the crowd of zombies that were making their way into the building Seungho's group was in, some chased after Seungho through the back door, but he was long gone. 

The motorcycle was approaching and Seungho was hidden behind the wall, just waiting for her. As the motorcycle passed down the aisle, she slowed down to see all the zombies trying to squeeze through the door. But as had slown down, Seungho took this opportunity to attack.

He stabbed the front tire with the kitchen knife in his hand, getting her attention. Then with a forceful kick he tried to kick her, but with great reflex she ducked and then rolled off the motorcycle and toward a zombie on the ground. The zombie grabbed her and quickly before it could bit her, she pulled out a knife from the knife case wrapped around her shin.

She stabbed the zombie right on its head then stood up as Seungho tried to attack her again. He managed to stabbed her over the clothed forearm when she tried to push him off, she pulled her feet in and as hard as she could, she kicked him backwards.

Blood leaked through her black leathered jacket and in a matter of seconds the dead were onto her. The sense of blood was strong and it was especially their favorites.

Seungho's back was slammed against the wall on the opposite side of the building due to her kick. Screaming and shouting came from inside the building, he noticed one belonged to Yongguk. Seungho was about to charge at the woman again but she used that chance to escape, running away on foot with one arm covering her wound. Some zombies followed her trailed as others starts to noticed Seungho's. The reek was slowly washing off from him and with both knives in his hand, he returned to stabbing them in the heads. 

At the bottom of the staircase, Yongguk could see the zombies trying to climb up. He stomped on their heads once they got too close to getting up. The whole party was up after the sound of the motorcycle ruined their beauty sleep.

Zelo aimed his arrows at some of the zombies who had noticed them, he shot and hit one right in the head. But that also called for attention. Jun Gyu was behind Zelo pointing out when a zombie got too close.

Kyungsoo was in front of Yoo Jung and her father, they hid behind Yongguk fear written on their faces.

"! How did these ers get in?!" Yongguk asked to no one in particular as he focused on kicking the deads and keeping them off the stairs. Fortunately for them, zombies can't climb stairs.

"W-where's Seungho?!" Kyungsoo asked through all the ruckus and colors drained from Zelo and Jun Gyu's face. 

"Where is he?" Jun Gyu asked looking at Zelo, who only responded by blinking multiple times; clueless.

Seungho begin panting as countless bodies lied around him. His clothes and skin were colored with blood and rotten meat. As he catch his breath more zombies were walking slowly toward him, with a cold glare he waited as the first approached him, and merciessly he stabbed it on the head a few times.

Yongguk growled, "Get up! Everyone go back up!"

And quickly they pushed one another and head up, except for Kyungsoo. "Wait, we need to find Seungho!" Kyungsoo demanded but Yongguk pulled him up, and he was no match for the larger man.

"We won't be able to find him in this crowd, so let's move up for now!" Yongguk shouted through all the cries and quickly pulled Kyungsoo to the second floor by the unwounded arm. 

Zelo and Jun Gyu were the few first to arrive then Yoo Jung and her father, the man was limping due to his wound. Yongguk pushed Kyungsoo into the room first as he stood near the stairs. "W-we have to go back! Seungho may be down there, he may need our help!" Kyungsoo shouted and was about to ran back downstairs but the man pushed him back. 

"Chill out! We can't just go down there single filed line! Didn't you see the numbers of those dead ? They flooded the ing whole floor!" Yongguk shouted which brought a silence to the whole floor. He could see Kyungsoo's teary and worried eyes. 

"If you won't go then let me go! If your brother is down there I bet you would go down there!" Kyungsoo countered but Yongguk didn't budge. "Please move." Kyungsoo said in a lower voice, "If Seungho dies I wouldn't want to live anyways. Let me die with him-" Kyungsoo broke into tears while begging Yongguk. Jun Gyu moved over to him and rubbed him on the back. 

"Don't say that. He could be hiding in the cabinets down there, we'll think of something." Jun Gyu comforted him but it wasn't enough. Kyungsoo didn't want anyone to assume anything, he wanted to make sure Seungho was still alive.

Then the slamming of the back door from beneath caused everyone to freeze in their tracks. "Kyungsoo!" The calling of Seungho was sound and without wasting another second they rushed downstairs. Except for the girl and her father, the older man's legs have given up and she seated him on the couch.

As they were running downstairs, Seungho was about to head upstairs but the sight of Kyungsoo before him, halted him from maneuvering. Seungho could see tears dribbling down his older brother's cheeks as he ran down the steps and wrapped his arms around Seungho's shoulders. "Oh thank goodness for being alive." Kyungsoo stated through a weak voice.

"I'm covered in blood-" Seungho begun but paused. He thought Kyungsoo was crying, the man was really shaking and his gripped on Seungho's clothes tighten into a fist. Yongguk held Zelo and Jun Gyu back as he stood in the middle of the steps, blocking them from moving passed him. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

The woman jumped off the third floor of a large mansion home, and landed on the second floor balcony. She grunted when she didn't land correctly. Her whole body collide against the cement and her hand still covering her cut she received from Seungho.

She inhale and exhaled heavily, cursing him under her breath. Then she took off her jacket and wrapped it around her forearm. "You're really no fun. But no matter what, I'll take you in so you better protect your treasures; confederate 102294 Yoo Seungho." 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of chapter 6.