[X I X]

The Dead Wayfarers

Before sunrise, Seungho stepped into the bar and shut the door. It was the first bar where Jun Gyu followed him. Behind the counter Seungho popped the wood top of a wine bottle and washed his hands with it. Then he left the bottle on the counter and was about to leave, when he stopped before the candies shelf. 

Seungho lowered his hand and brushed the candy bars with his fingers. He could recall Kyungsoo always asking for them and eating them alone like a child. He picked up one of the few that were still left in the box and took one long last look of it before dropping it back into the cardboard box.

Seungho shut and locked the door to the bar. In the distance he could see figures wandering the streets but ignored them, he took off in the opposite direction of their old home. 

Down the middle of the road, cars that were abandoned and broken down were parked all over the streets. Seungho opened the door to those abandoned cars to look for anything of use. In front of him, a zombie was slowly approaching and he walked toward it as well. 

She must have been a young mother. The zombie that is. 

Seungho opened the door and she ran into it, then he kicked the door and it fling the woman to the ground. it groaned in a soft yet scary voice. Seungho dropped the glove compartment opened and noticed a Ruger SR22 Rimfire Pistol inside of it. 

Seungho pulled it from the compartment and searched the car for more bullets. But there were no more bullets. Seungho checked and saw that the gun had five bullets in it by far, he sighed and glanced around until he heard a footstep. Seungho slide his fingers around the gun and pointed it toward the sound, from three feet away he saw the same tall latter who attacked Zelo and Jun Gyu. 

The man had on a careless smile and his hands in his pockets. "Ah, you're really hard to jump you know that? You're always on your guard, that's no fun." The man stated, Seungho ready the gun as he was ready to kill the man any time. "Since I meant to catch you first but failed I guess I'll be leaving first today." 

Then from behind Seungho heard a click, a man was standing behind him with a gun pointed to the back of his head. The man in front, Woobin, chuckled. "Even children knew that one shouldn't be going around on his or her own before sunrise. I guess you were one of those rebellous kid huh?" 

"Drop your weapon." The man behind him stated in a cold voice. 

Seungho lowered his gun and slowly spun around to face the man. He was somewhat a boy, or at least a young man around Zelo's age. "I said drop your weapon." The boy warned. Seungho grabbed onto the boy's arm and pushed it a little so that his gun was pointed directly at Woobin, the boy fired and at the same time Seungho shot him from the bottom of his chin and the bullet exit from the top of his head. Woobin rolled out of sight, and slowly Seungho let the dead boy drop. 

Seungho turned around and noticed Woobin was gone.

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Woobin threw himself against the walls while one hand gripped tightly around the other. His partner's bullet hit the tall man's hand and he left a trail of blood behind his steps. Zombies followed it and from afar, he could hear them slowly approaching. He sighed and took off running again. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Yongguk, Kyungsoo, Zelo, and CL were running down the empty street. Kyungsoo led the group as was right behind him and next to CL, Zelo was behind with his bow and arrows ready. The sun was up now, lighting their way down the streets of Seoul.

Yongguk sat CL up, she appeared healthier and her colors had returned. Kyungsoo was standing before Zelo and Jun Gyu, Yoo Jung and Hyori stood on one side of the bed. Yongguk passed CL the cleaned and washed bat, she took a look at it and nodded. "I was with the owner of this bat, Seungho." CL began and paused for a moment, giving Yongguk the time to look into the expression on Kyungsoo's face. 

"I was with him for a while but after his brother died I guess he ran off." CL said, biting down on what she believed to be true. 

"His brother?" Yongguk asked, CL looked up from the bat and nodded. 

"Yeah, he said he had a brother and they're separated. But his brother was a zombie in their own house." CL concluded, Zelo shook his head. 

"But Seungho's brother is Kyungsoo." Zelo added and CL's eyes widen. 

"Pardon?"

"I'm Seungho's brother...." Kyungsoo answered and CL turned to Yongguk with a surprised face. 

"He-he's his brother?" CL asked and Yongguk nodded. 

"But.... Wait, then was he a friend then?" CL asked which confused everyone. She quickly gathered her thoughts and memories and tried again, "There was a red head zombie, I guess Seungho knew him because he acted very strange when he saw him...." 

"That was Mark.... His friend.... You have his bat as well." Kyungsoo explained, CL looked at the bats and noticed the name 'Mark' on one of them. Her jaw dropped a little when she became speechless. 

"Do you have any idea where Seungho may be?" Kyungsoo asked and CL blinked a few times before answering Kyungsoo. 

"I'm not sure, after he killed Mark he vanished.... I thought he ran out so I tried to follow him, but then I ran into a large group of zombies and hid in that car until you guys saved me...." 

"But you said you've been at our house?" Kyungsoo asked again and CL nodded. 

"We met there then we went to his friend's place, I guess it must have been Mark's place now that I think about it.... Then we came back after stopping by at a restaurant." 

"Which restaurant?" Yongguk asked, thinking of the restaurant where Seungho broke the glass windows. 

"It was a small restaurant.... Seungho killed someone there...." 

"What?" Kyungsoo asked slightly surprised. 

"I'm not sure if you knew but.... He kills people.... Bad people." 

"People?" Zelo asked then a light bulb flashed in his mind, "Wait, was it sort of late that day? There was three people right?" Jun Gyu quickly caught onto what Zelo was leading to. 

"Something like that, I saw three men and one woman." CL answered. 

"Three men? Not two?"

"Three, one was in the car." CL filled in the gap and Zelo's eyes widen. 

"Then we missed Seungho that day?" Jun Gyu asked, Zelo nodded. 

"Wait, one of the man was tall with thick eyebrows right? He was with two tall people as well, the woman and man." 

"Yes all three were tall."

"Let's go back to your old house, I'm sure he's still there." Yongguk cut in and stated. All of them nodded.

Seungho. Please be there. Please be where I can see you. Please don't go anywhere. I'm coming. Kyungsoo thought to himself. 

Kyungsoo opened the front door and the three quickly entered. Zelo shut the door and stand behind to keep watch. Kyungsoo, CL, and Yongguk headed into the living room and together, everyone was calling for Seungho. Kyungsoo checked all the rooms carefully with Yongguk and CL behind him. "Seungho!" Kyungsoo called as he enter and look around each room before leaving. 

"Yoo Seungho?" Yongguk called as well. 

Zelo moved away once he was sure it was safe, he took a step in and jumped at the sight of Mark's dead body on the couch. "Oh I thought it was Seungho for a moment there...." Zelo mumbled as he placed a hand over his racing heart. He smacked his chest a few times to calm himself down. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho was sitting on top of a truck with a few wayfarers who had gathered around. They groaned as they reached their lifeless arms towards him. Seungho was looking out into the abandoned and dirty streets of Seoul. He was wearing a set of headphones with a CD player playing Korean trot music. He found the player in the truck and figured it was a good day to sit in the open. 

After all, there wasn't anyone around that needed his undivided attention. 

Nor the same for him. No one needed to focus on him. 

Seungho shut his eyes and tilted his head upward towards the blue sky and let the sun shine against his face. After a while he opened it and saw a few figures crossing the streets. Seungho recognized the woman as CL, with her long blond hair.

Seungho stood up and watched as the figures disappeared behind the tall buildings a few blocks away. Seungho balanced himself when the group of zombies begin rocking the truck. Seungho noticed that was the way toward their old house, he looked for any free space of zombies. 

The only opening area was near the back of the truck, Seungho jumped onto the back and ran across the platform. 

Then he jumped off the back and landed in a squatting position, he stood up and hurried toward the same direction. The CD player was dropped and left behind and so did the headphone. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Zelo looked at the coffee table and his mouth formed an O. "Guys!" He called, Kyungsoo arrived first after Zelo's call. Yongguk and CL were a second late when they came over to where he was. Kyungsoo froze when he saw Mark, Zelo noticed he was in a sort of dazed state, he grabbed Kyungsoo's sleeve. "Look, I think someone wrote that." Zelo said pointing to the table. 

Everyone turned toward that direction and saw characters written in blood. Behind the table was a zombie body, its top was gone and its guts was exposed. Zelo covered his nose and mouth after seeing such sight. 

"Kyungsoo, I'm here." CL read the message aloud. Everyone focus on Kyungsoo for a reaction. 

"Seungho's here...." Kyungsoo whispered, "But he's nowhere to be seen...." Kyungsoo bit his lips and turned away from the message, but the sight of Mark's body hurt as much. He shut his eyes to avoid any disturbing scenes. 

"I don't get it.... There's so many evidences and proofs that says Seungho is here. But no matter how many trips we make, he's never here...." Yongguk said with a slight disappointment in his tone. 

"But it's not like Seungho is a ghost.... I mean, CL saw him so why can't we ever see him?" Zelo asked. Yongguk shook his head while CL was just as dumbfounded. "He's not purposely hiding from us is he?" Zelo asked. 

"Zelo-" Yongguk started but Zelo cut him off and continue. 

"I mean maybe he's not ready to see Kyungsoo again. It makes sense, he's never here whenever any of us makes any trips here. If he is here then how come he's no where to be seen?" 

"Zelo enough." Yongguk stated as he looked at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and slowly made his way toward the basement. He opened the door and saw all the dead zombies. 

"Seungho.... Where are you hiding, my little brother?" Kyungsoo asked himself. "You bad person! Where are you!?" Kyungsoo shouted as he fell to his knees. 

Yongguk took a few steps toward Kyungsoo when the front door flew open. 

"CL!" Everyone froze for a moment then turned their attention toward the front door slowly. 

"Seungho!" Zelo said aloud. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of Chapter 19.