[I V]

The Dead Wayfarers

Seungho moved over to the two-people family and squat down beside the wound on the man's shoulder. His heavy breathing could be heard clearly and loudly. Seungho ripped a piece of his cloth from his shirt where he had done so earlier for Kyungsoo, and was about to wrapped the sound but the girl pushed him. 

"Don't touch him!" She shouted through tears and Seungho was taken aback. But he moved in and tried again just to get push again. "I said don't touch him you monster!"

This time it got on Seungho's nerves, "I'm trying to save him!" He said loudly then noticed she jumped a little, thus he turned it down a notch, "We have to stop him from losing anymore blood, let me wrap his wound." He calmly said and the girl didn't respond, but she tightly wrapped her arms around her father.

Seungho assumed she was alright now and held the man's arm out, then he carefully twist the cloth around the man's shoulder a few times then tighten the wrap in which the man groaned but his breathing was becoming more calm and normal. Seungho tied the knot and then watched the man fall lost concious after patting his daughter that he was alright. 

"Seungho!" Yongguk shouted and caught his attention. The numbers and strenght of the zombies increased in a short amount of time, hence everyone was getting tired. Seungho quickly try to sort out his thoughts and was prepared for a quick decision.

"Yongguk, are there any meat around here?" Seungho asked calling to the man who was soaked in sweat. 

"M-meat?" 

"Yeah!"

"I-I think so, check!" He bit his teeth down and continued to push back. Seungho was about to head into the kitchen but saw that the girl was already coming out from behind the kitchen holding a bucket of raw meat. She quickly made her way upstairs and Seungho followed unknowingly. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

In the mean time, Yongguk, Zelo, and Jun Gyu were still struggling and using their very last strenght to support the glass door. Shortly after Kyungsoo joined them by getting on his knees and pushed between Yongguk and Jun Gyu.

Upstairs the girl and Seungho stood near the window just over the group of zombies, she placed the bucket on top of the window sill, "Help me open the window!" She called through the cries from outside. Seungho pushed the two glass windows opened and reached before the girl and pulled the curtain away. Quickly she distributed the raw meat to the hungry dead.

She tossed them farther and farther away from the door and Seungho watched as some begin moving away from the door. "Here, help me throw them." She called placing the bucket in between them, and quickly Seungho followed as she had instructed.

Zelo noticed the falling meat and the departing crowd. "G-guys! They're luring them away!" He called to his companions and gained everyone's relieved sigh.

Once all the zombies were no longer hovering against the door, Yongguk and Kyungsoo got to storing heavier objects before the door. Seungho and the girl came downstairs and noticed Zelo and Jun Gyu trying to catch their breath while sitting on the tiles facing one another.

Yongguk's muscles were clearly seen as he stacked the chairs and anything heavy they could find, from tables to drawers. The girl moved over to her father and held him while Kyungsoo watched Seungho with no expression. 

The latter was tired and exhausted just like the rest of the others. And his younger brother noticed it, like he always do.

Seungho moved over to Kyungsoo and faced him, "Are you alright?" He asked and earned a nod from the man.

"Are you okay?" This time he asked his younger brother, although the answer seemed clear. Seungho's curled the corner of his lips upward, showing him that he was indeed, okay.

"Why don't you and the others go upstairs and rest a little? Zelo." Seungho called to the boy catching his and Jun Gyu's full attention. 

"What Seungho?" Zelo asked still sitting on the ground. 

"Take everyone and go rest." He said then paused before continuing, "Good job today."

Jun Gyu and Zelo's ears perked up, "Oh? Oh, alright." Zelo obeyed his order and helped Jun Gyu to his feet, the old man groaned loudly as the boy pulled him up while holding hands. Zelo squatted beside the girl and smiled at her, "Mind if I take him up and find a more comfortable place for him to rest?" He asked and the girl nodded.

"Thank you...." She mumbled and Zelo moved in to carry the heavier man. Jun Gyu and the girl supported Zelo on both sides as they make their way to the top floors, but Kyungsoo remained in his spot. Seungho thought he was going to leave but when he turned his back to the older lad, he noticed Kyungsoo wasn't going to go anywhere.

"You should follow them, go up and rest a bit." Seungho said softly but Kyungsoo just stared at him. Kyungsoo's stare was getting uncomfortable for Seungho, hence he took a step away but the man grabbed his arm.

"Thank you Seungho. Thank you for not killing them." Kyungsoo was grateful but the younger man didn't want to hear it. Sure, he didn't kill them, but that didn't mean anything to him. That is, whether they live or die.

"I got it, so go up and rest, just rest in peace." Seungho said and Kyungsoo nodded. 

"Then I'll be upstairs, hurry and bring Yongguk too. He must be tired as well."

"If we're all resting who knows when those things will try to push in again? Don't worry about us and just go up already, and make sure you clean-"

"Then I'll wait for you to come clean my room, little brother." Kyungsoo smiled before leaving his side. Once Kyungsoo was gone, Seungho approached Yongguk, who heard most of the conversation other than all the noises that he was making while moving things around. 

Yongguk noticed Seungho approaching and chuckled, "Is he always like that? I thought he was your older brother?" Yongguk asked and Seungho ignored his question. 

The latter finished blocking the door on his own then turned to face Seungho. Then he clapped his hands of dust and smiled, revealing his teeth and gum. "We were almost done for." He chuckled but Seungho didn't do the same, instead he averted his eyes elsewhere. Trying to gasped why it was a laughable situation, he finally eyed Yongguk again when nothing came to mind. 

"If you're done I'll stay on the look out, so you can go rest." Seungho stated and Yongguk smiled once again, revealing his teeth and gum. 

"Eh, come on. It'll be boring to stay up alone, maybe we can talk about the-"

"If that door really breaks down we'll be needing all the power we can get to leave safely. So resting is best for now, especially when you're someone this group need." Seungho admitted and Yongguk was flattered, but he didn't show it. "And Kyungsoo, tell him to take care of his cut before it becomes a scar." Seungho said and gained a nod from Yongguk as he moved toward the second floor. 

"Then, I'll take over for you when I've had my nap." Yongguk said and disappeared. Seungho looked directly ahead of him, one zombie had his face smashed against the glass and his mouth opened; releasing unidentified moans.

Seungho stared into those dead and lifeless ores, then he turned away and headed into the kitchen. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

On the second floor Zelo and Jun Gyu were throwing pillows at each other. They halted in motion when Yongguk appeared, soaked in sweat, and his breathing was loud and heavy. "I-is everyone on the top floor?" He asked and Zelo nodded. Jun Gyu who was glued to the couch after starting the pillow fight exhaled deeply and leaned back as Yongguk departed. 

"Oh it feels good to stretch." Jun Gyu commented earning a laugh from the younger boy. Then Jun Gyu stretched himself on the couch and fell into a long slumper, Zelo was sleeping on the other couch when the girl was watching them from the side. She made her way into the room as quietly as she could, not wanting to wake them.

In her folded arms were thin sheets, she unfolded and placed them over Zelo and Jun Gyu. Then later left and went back to a tiny room, where she and her father hid in just across the living center. Her father's breathing was normal and he even snored as she covered his body with another sheet in her arms.

Yongguk made it to the third floor and found Kyungsoo wrapping up his cut in the restroom. Kyungsoo seated himself on the toilet seat and his focus was fixed on his wound. Yongguk pushed the door opened all the way and Kyungsoo's round eyes widen even larger, surprised at the sudden intrusion. 

"Let me help you with that." He said and Kyungsoo removed his hand, as Yongguk wrapped it up for him. "Does it still hurt?" Yongguk asked and Kyungsoo shook his head. As Yongguk circled the latter's arm with the white and clean cloth he smiled a little, "I remembered when I first got cut. It hurted like hell and unbearable." Yongguk started and exhaled deeply. 

"Where were you cut?" Kyungsoo asked with curiousity. 

"Right here." Yongguk pulled down his shirt and Kyungsoo could see a scar just over his right shoulder.

"Ouch."

"Yeah. But that happened a long time ago, it's still painful to see it but I'm sure you won't ever have the same problem. We'll get your wound all clear and cleaned up." He tied the knot using all his strenght and Kyungsoo thanked him after. Then on the same cot Seungho lie on, Kyungsoo slept in it as well. 

Yongguk took note that everyone was well rested as he went back downstairs to check on Seungho. But to his his surprise, Seungho was no where in sight. Yongguk headed into the back of the kitchen and found the door past the kitchen opened. He slowly walked out and noticed Seungho standing near two bodies that were carelessly dropped to the ground.

Zombies. 

Seungho wasn't moving but he remained standing his ground. Then Seungho turned around a minute or two later and saw Yongguk, the larger man froze and their gazes locked.

Slowly he broke the stared from Seungho and traced down Seungho's figure. 

There was blood dripping down Seungho's hands.

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of chapter 4